It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to detonate explosives at Colorado suspect's home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They're going to blow it up within the next hour, warning residents and media that there could be loud explosions and possibility of fire erupting but they will keep the media informed on what to expect...

How in the HELL can this guy rig his home so well that a bomb disposal squad can't defuse it???

The whole thing smells fishier than a Saturday night slapper!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSorcerer

Sometimes, according to experts one of whom is a sister, it's just safer for the disposal people to detonate, rather than attempt a tricky defuse. No point in anyone being injured or killed by this psycho. He's done enough damage.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I got a bad feeling on his apartment. He's intelligent and just moved in there. As if, his purpose for moving there at all was to create this.

Has anyone run a Geiger counter over that place? Surely they have checked for all forms of WMD that a very intelligent person in the high levels of University access could create....right?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Sometimes, according to experts one of whom is a sister, it's just safer for the disposal people to detonate, rather than attempt a tricky defuse. No point in anyone being injured or killed by this psycho. He's done enough damage.

It's just that yesterday it was reported that there may be enough explosive to take out the apartment building and damage surrounding ones... so was that scaled down in the end or can you really limit damage on something of that scale??

Plus there is at least one bottle of liquid that is unidentified. OBVIOUSLY they know what they are doing but just seems weird to little old me

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
ETA: Oh yeah, and where the hell did he learn how to set a trap so sophisticated that trained EOD personnel cannot defuse it?

Most traps are pretty basic. If you had the time, materials and motivation, you could easily build a trap that would not be worth the effort to screw with. At some point, you are just not sure what you're dealing with.

If you've got the usual movie bomb you ignore the digital counters and hard drives with the covers off and just pull the fuses out of the C4, although no-one ever does it in the movies, even when I tell them, which makes people not want to go to that sort of movie with me.

IRL, you generally don't get Dr No bombs from civilians, it's mechanical clocks or washing machine timers, simple mercury switch sorts of things.

If you've got a bit more clever boy, you could do all SORTS of things. Crosswired bombs, area motion sensors that don't go off right away, pressure switches under the carpet, sucker bombs, the Trap of the Glaringly Obvious and so on. The possibilities are endless. I guarantee you I could sucker your general purpose EOD team. But then, in my case, it would be cheating sort of.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That hadn't occurred to me... Now I'm paranoid...or a little more than usual.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It could be weird. We don't know what's been found. Or how complicated. That little vial of liquid could be the reason for it.

We simply do not know what the conditions are.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
that cinches it

there was proof about bldg 7 in that apartment !!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Sorry to add to anything, I had just turned on the TV in time to hear the Police Chief there talking. He described the apartment as being like nothing they'd ever seen before. Wires, trip wires and such everywhere. Well.... this isn't Ted-The-Unabomber who lived in his cave for years, right? He just moved in. So...it hit me. Everything there has to be deliberately placed for a purpose. Not the clutter of accumulated living.

That's quite a description for what he deliberately created..... huh?
Yeah..I'm sure they are taking every precaution though.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sure beginning to sound like it, isn't it?

This is one spooky fella...Joker, indeed.

This is one mondo psychotic break...I'm beginning to believe that Aurora may have, as cold as it sounds, caught a break of sorts.

This was no spur of the moment thing...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I still fail to understand how you go through all that work to booby trap that room so well and when you get arrested you tell the cops about it and totally make it worth nothing. Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

That hadn't occurred to me... Now I'm paranoid...or a little more than usual.

A federal law enforcement official told CNN the man used tear gas, but Oates said Friday afternoon that it was not clear what the substance was.

There's all sorts of nastiness that you could have sprayed that starts off as a minor irritant. There are homebrewable gases that can kill you in really awful ways several days later, with no real indication you just got dosed with it.

Come to think of it, that would be a GREAT Trap of the Glaringly Obvious. Some junk bombs with lots of tripwires and the like, and no explosives in them at all. The real gotcha would be the substance I released into the air handler when you opened the door. Good bye, EOD guys, about four days later.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
I still fail to understand how you go through all that work to booby trap that room so well and when you get arrested you tell the cops about it and totally make it worth nothing. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe he wanted them to go in the room. Now they're covered in anthrax spores, and when they blow the room, it'll spread the stuff far and wide.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Then why the f@#k would he tell the authorities that his place was rigged? Why would he even go through all the trouble of setting the traps up in the first place?

Still bugs me. I posted in the bigger thread about this and got some good responses, but I still feel something is missing.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

Maybe he wanted them to go in the room. Now they're covered in anthrax spores, and when they blow the room, it'll spread the stuff far and wide.

He told the cops his apartment was a bomb. He didn't tell them more. He was living the Joker, as a possible fantasy here....so a Joker like taunt, perhaps?

What bothers me the more I think about it...The next phase of the fantasy would be big. He had the access, brains and specific education to make big.

They're saying there will be all kinds of experts there today to go over this place....I'm not hearing much talk now about detonating anything. Maybe they saw something or new people took charge? CNN makes it sound like quite a lot of people are arriving for this apartment today.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If he is killed somehow in the next couple of weeks or commits suicide, then I am willing to go along with the fall guy our mind control conspiracies. But it does seem like just another crazy a hole the world is better off without.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I tweeted Aurora PD a number of times asking about the possibility of biological agents in the booby traps in the apartment and they keep deleting it.

If any atser lives in Aurora, even if the police explode the apartment, there will be spores and toxins in the air and you should stay away.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
He told the cops his apartment was a bomb. He didn't tell them more. He was living the Joker, as a possible fantasy here....so a Joker like taunt, perhaps?

So you have to ask yourself - WWTJD?

The Joker is the KING of the Glaringly Obvious. Nothing would be straightforward or direct. Come in, see my fake bomb, miss the whole point, take it in the teeth later.

Of course, the guy's not all screwed together at this point so it's unlikely he'd have something so devious up his sleeve. But it would be amusing if he did, in a sort of dark way.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So you have to ask yourself - WWTJD?

The Joker is the KING of the Glaringly Obvious. Nothing would be straightforward or direct. Come in, see my fake bomb, miss the whole point, take it in the teeth later.

Of course, the guy's not all screwed together at this point so it's unlikely he'd have something so devious up his sleeve. But it would be amusing if he did, in a sort of dark way.

I'm getting a feeling the police and authorities are suspecting they have a real life version of exactly that. No kidding.... The chief sounded un-nerved as he talked about it. I think the highly intelligent lone-wolf with a screw lose has always been among the very worst case scenario's Uncle Sam worries about but doesn't talk much about. Well... hell.... they might finally have what no one wanted to see.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Your sister is an explosives expert? I am so jealous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join