It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to detonate explosives at Colorado suspect's home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
they seem to be trying to enter and disarm now

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

As odd as it sounds, and it does sound odd...

What would the Joker have done? If this dude was so lost to reality that he thinks he's the Joker, you've got to think about what he would have done in the comics...

there's a reason that the Joker was/is the Batmans most dangerous foe. Psychotic? Yes. Dumb? Not so much...

Sounds much like this kid, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This story is getting stranger and stranger by the minute. Lets hope for all the nearby residents sake he doesn't have any other surprises in store for us. I'm now very interested in hearing what he has to say on the matter. Biggest story of the year so far, at least in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Okay, Breaking News has a link to this from their page on this story:

Air Sensors around apartment scene

If you click on the image, the blow up is high enough quality to actually read most of the label on the side of the unit and it looks like they've been very much aware and concerned about what we've been talking about. Glad to see they were thinking well ahead.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm hearing from a family member that he had his access to the university labs denied. Is this true? And if this is the case what had he done to have this access denied? Could he possibly have been working on something without permission?I admit it sounds hyperbolic, but the whole story is absurd so far.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

He was in the process of withdrawing from the PHD program, so really he wasn't a student anymore

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If you click on the image, the blow up is high enough quality to actually read most of the label on the side of the unit ...

And one quick google search later, it is this unit here...

The AreaRAE Steel is an ATEX-certified Multi Gas, wireless monitor. Housed in a welded stainless-steel enclosure, it is rugged, portable and weather-resistant, making it suitable for harsh environments.
Ideal for hazardous materials and other emergency response monitoring applications, strategically placed AreaRAE Steel monitors can be used to quickly establish a perimeter, allowing first responders to back off to a safe position and monitor readings from up to 3 kilometers away.

RAE

edit on 21-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by GD21D

He was in the process of withdrawing from the PHD program, so really he wasn't a student anymore
Yeah, I got that, but what was the reason for withdrawing? Was it on his own accord, or did the school initiate the process?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by GD21D

Yeah, I got that, but what was the reason for withdrawing? Was it on his own accord, or did the school initiate the process?

That is one of my largest questions too. I had a little confusion with FAFSA for my summer term and it had briefly said I had withdrawn. Well, I had a few things to say about the idea I'd withdrawn from anything..and it got sorted out. The designation may not tell the story though, very true. I do wonder if there is more there to hear about.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Aurora police ready ‘controlled detonation’ at home of alleged shooter James Holmes

Here

live feed here

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I hope none of you are expecting any media interviews from this perp; it simply aint gonna happen and nor will any of you see any Police tape of them conducting any interviews with him either. He will just disappear in to thin air and when he gets to court it will be a hand done scretch.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I hope none of you are expecting any media interviews from this perp; it simply aint gonna happen and nor will any of you see any Police tape of them conducting any interviews with him either. He will just disappear in to thin air and when he gets to court it will be a hand done scretch.

Oh we'll hear from him plenty if he lives long enough. He's got a lot to live through tho. I've hear of victims young and old and from a wide variety of life. This is the kind of thing where I'll bet by the end, everyone around there will know someone touched. However small that touch may be. This was huge.....and he's in a correction system with human beings for guards and inmates...who won't be amused by his Joker BS.

Now... if he lives through all that? It may be a year or more, but the books will come with insight and details to fill in the blanks. We'll know..in time.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Your avatar, is it a cog from a measuring devise? It looks like a part of a devise I designed as a final year project I did at university on account of the retractable sprocket.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Anyone old enough to remember Sirhan Sirhan?
He was the guy who su[pposedl shot RFK, but there are some discrepancies (as usual)
One thing is he gave up just like this guy.....
Kinds did the deed and then melted......
The booby trap thing could easily be a poice addition to his story and he nevcer said anything about booby traps at all.....or knew about them for all that.....
The FBI has a habit of aiding terrorism, they masterminded the first Twin Towers bombing, even suppied the explosives and rigged them for the perps......
(they could easil have had the bomb maker fix up a fake bomb...he was their inside man...)
I am beginni ng to believe that the intelligence agencies are acting in concert with the terrorists (shadow goverment)they program these people who go out and do heinous acts to move the populace towards one agenda or another......depending on what they want to accomplish.....
The possibiity that the whole charade is managed is getting more real every day.
Too many people are dying under suspicious circumstances......having un expected heart attacks, going down in aircraft,and outright being killed b gunshot hit and runs or even suicides that dont add up....like a right hander shooting himself with his left hand etc....just now comming to the conclusion that we have lost our democratic way of life quite some time back.......
I had thought this was occaisional happenstance that the goverment wil killdangerous or whatever peope surrepticiously.....making it ook like an accident or what have ou....
Now im comming to the conclusion its very much more widespread and that it is now standard operating proceedure to whack anyone who may cause ripples for the power elite//whoever they are......
I remeber all those bio scientists of all nations getting whacked a whila ago...the toll was quite large...and it was international in scope.....
Then there was that goverment guy who got killed that was acting wierd and they later found his body in a dump.......
It seems to me that a lot of people are dead because they are in the way of the agenda.......
The BP oil spill guy.....
RFK
The scientists in Iran as well as the bio guys.....
The practice of snuffing out opponents "assets" (real people)..is nearly a universal constant these days.....
If we made a ist of witnesses from things like Whitewater scandal
9/11
OKC bombing
Waco
John Bull (the big cannon guy)
Whistleblowers dying of wierd fast acting cancers.....
All the deaths of the last ten years that were very likely killed for certan poitical reasons, or cover ups of all descriptions....
The result would be the discovery that we are ruled by murder far more than we believed possible....
Honest, fair ,Elections...? I do not think so.......
Same for guys who invent stuff that makes us independant of the system....they die....
Tesla....ever paper stolen right after his demise....Also many other scientists and inventors......
The story is so common and so often [laed out that if we really dug into it......our democracy woud shrivel down to a mafia like rule of goverment and corporations who kill and silence honest hard working people for their own profits ........
Destroying lives and bodies to keep power in the hands of those who now have it.....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I read somewhere he didn't score well on a test or something to that effect and it was really poor and the school wanted him gone but couldn't expel him and so he withdrew. No idea how true that is

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Never once has anyone mentioned the fact that this could have been done by a paid mercenary. Why the need for a MKULTRA candidate? Cash rules our world, and some people are stone cold KILLERS!

The house being blown up....seems a little EXTREME. Don't you think? Oops, did i say: "think"? My bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

When WHO gets to court? The 'boogie man'? People, people, people...the game is rigged from the police, to the judges. Remember a guy named Zimmerman? Yeah well...what's being said about that? He was all over the news, before this event. What makes this person, different? Why are they protecting him??? Doesn't he want to apologize to the victims' family members???

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Wait a second. Then why the f@#k would he tell the authorities that his place was rigged? Why would he even go through all the trouble of setting the traps up in the first place?

He was planning for the explosives to go off before he began gunning people down in the theatre. The explosions would have created a distraction and caused a huge scare and you would have had swarms of cops busy over there while he was on a rampage in another area of the city.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"The most dangerous drug in the world: 'Devil's Breath' chemical from Colombia can block free will, wipe memory and even kill"

"A hazardous drug that eliminates free will and can wipe the memory of its victims is currently being dealt on the streets of Colombia.
The drug is called scopolamine, but is colloquially known as ‘The Devil’s Breath,' and is derived from a particular type of tree common to South America.

Stories surrounding the drug are the stuff of urban legends, with some telling horror stories of how people were raped, forced to empty their bank accounts, and even coerced into giving up an organ.

In modern times, the CIA used the drug as part of Cold War interrogations, with the hope of using it like a truth serum.
However, because of the drug’s chemical makeup, it also induces powerful hallucinations. "

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
At this point I'm of the strong position that this individual worked alone, cold, and calculated. I honestly do not see him having any links to anyone else but himself. There are oddities in this event, but they are just the reflection of a disturbed personality. I would like give my deepest condolences to those who were affected, the friends and family members who now only have cherished memories to connect them to the lost. This is truly one of the low points in this thing we call time. Although I may challenge the the story from time to time, I think it's just as important to recognize the story for what it is. Those were my people, maybe not by direct blood or association, but by our ambitions. Our wants to be happy in life, very evident in where those tragic events took place that terrible night.These are the truest and most heartfelt words I could say, and yet they can never take away any of the hurt that has been caused. Regardless of how the real story played out it is a tragedy, no matter where in the world. It is a grim reminder to us all that there are evil people there that wish to senselessly hurt others just out of meanness, no matter what their motives may be.It hurts me deeply that the innocent ones are the ones who are taken advantage of, and I can never help them. If I could I would give anything to help those undeserving. Those who don't get a chance to protect themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join