It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has SOLD OUT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Now maybe I've misinterpreted the sentiment of your OP, I'm sure you'll correct me if I have.

Your title and opening paragraph states that "ATS has SOLD OUT"....well, it just so happens that US membership here would be well over the 50% mark.

I'll use ATS "page views" as a reasonable guide to membership....

So it seems that you're suggesting that the minority of membership, collectively from many diverse nations have an indifferent understanding of "America" therefore "ATS has SOLD OUT"....??

I'll give you the "heads up" dude - it's statements such as these....

Up until today the US has had a better model then the rest of the world and they still do...

Anyways there is not a topic that focuses on Australia and its nonexistant powers, there is not one topic that focuses on the police state in the UK...

And for people to go around and insult the people of America just remember that the people of America are your only fighting chance....you do not stand a chance without them...

we dominated the globe with new ideas, technology and things you use everyday all to have you take our money then rub our name in the dirt, to bash us and condemn us for it...

that do not do "your" cause well.

I don't liken US citizens to their corrupt Government, nor the questionable actions of their military leaders - however, your OP speaks volumes of your own ideology.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

And for people to go around and insult the people of America just remember that the people of America are your only fighting chance....you do not stand a chance without them.

So the people of America is my only chance against what? Please note, you say the people of America, not the goverment, since you say the people are not goverment. You are indeed contradicting yourself here.

You are implying that without America other places don't stand a chance. I am sorry, but that is BS. I don't see a bunch of Americans or any other bunch of people running up to save someone or someplace in need of help.

You try to differenciate between American people, and the goverment. Yet you fail, and only contradict yourself.

vvv

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

That is why I am here. For telling western people how their country is hijacked by corporations and what are the lies which they govt is feeding them with.

IMO , you people should be more patient than me.

Because you live among these people , while I am just living virtually. I disconnect whenever I decide.

Just keep on educating and informing others.

You are not a blood thirsty bigoted person like many other people.

Keep up the good job and always evade bigotry.

Mideast.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Your opinion and rant comes off as thin skinned and and arrogant. Two American attributes I've seen displayed both on ATS and in my personal life time and time again.
This country, my country, and many of its people need to realize we ARE hated by many people around the world and for many good reasons.
American imperialist overbearing and self rightous doctrines are destructive and arrogant. I feel they are a thinly disguised excuse of the the real agenda.
Corporate greed and world dominance.
edit on 21-7-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hmm... I have to agree with most of what you are saying.

But ppl need to realize that we, the ppl, (of the world not 1 nation) are all for the same things. In any place you go to the ppl all want the same things. To live in peace with one another and do as we please aslong as we arent harming anyone else.

We literally dont need governments, we dont need currency. Food shelter and water is all we need. We actually have the technology for free energy. But our governments dont want us to have it because they believe we should all be slaves. And they work hard to make sure we dont know that because when we find out that we dont need them all these little things that they use to have power over us, like MONEY! Will lose its power and the need for a governance will cease to exist.

yea you might be thinking, "well what about ppl who only want to harm others or ppl who dont care about others lives" Well thats the exact type of ppl you get when you have corruptive things like money

Ppl naturally do the right thing. But they blind you so you think that ppl dont and in return you dont expect ppl to do it. Dont look at the ppl of a country and say those ppl because were all the same ppl of the same place. (I cant really think of a place in the world where the ppl have more power than the goverment and its really sad)

But i already know ppl will over look this post and just shrug it off like w/e but its not your fault. your trained to not believe the truth because not everyone speaks the truth and your used to hearing bull shxt so much you actually believe it

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sorry but, if America fails....most other countries will have a hell of a time attempting to crack on..in fact if America tanks, it'll take a few of those countries with it.

All modern countries are joined at the hip in more ways than one might think.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Your darned if you do and darned if you don't...your either a globalist or a nationalist....its that simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Thing there is yes, if America fails, it will drag others down with it, but in reality the whole thing is planned anyway. Rises and slumps are planned, so all this talk of America going down the tubes is just that, talk. The banks, the governments and the corporations not only know the market, they control it. If America is meant to go down at some point, it will be because it was planned, and all the countries that follow will be in exactly the same boat.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

As a British based moderator, I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong.

There have been numerous ignorant posts on ATS about the UK, usually posted by people who have never been here - predominantly US based posters either decrying the royal family, gun laws or as you so eloquently and - quite ignorantly - put it our so called "Police state"

There are also many posts that deliberately target other nations posted by US based members - either out of fear, spite, arrogance or ignorance

Such territorial peeing, or "patriotism" (as some people like to call it) doesn't foster productive discussion usually.

I wouldn't suggest that the ATS Community has "sold out" at all. I would suggest that the community is diverse, and comes from around the globe, indeed ATS Live has been heard in at least 76 countries.

As such, there are going to be many, many different takes on the world, how it works, and how people see things.

As a closing point, please remember this piece of perspective.

The USA is a part of the world. The USA is NOT the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
ATS has sold out...and Im not talking about the moderators....I am talking about the ATS community. Most of the mods are good folk. I am talking about the community here on ATS.

ATS used to be a community that wished to explore possibilities in the way of the nations in the world would stand and unite as people for one another. Now it has become the common place for anti american sentiment.

No it has not, not from my point of view anyway. I would be one of the first people to knock what the USA is doing around the world, but I always make sure that it is blamed on your government and not your hard working populace. I am the same with my government, the Israeli government and when I think about it, every government simply because they all do the same thing in the end. Lie.

Lets get one thing straight. Wether you like America or not, the people of america do not represent the president or the military or anything else. They are citizens who work long and hard just like anyone else in the world.

Up until today the US has had a better model then the rest of the world and they still do.... But behind it all we are still peaceful citizens of the world who strive for the same things as you do (wherever you are from)

How can you say "up until today " and they say "they still do"? When you talk about a model, what model are you referring too? USA is better than everyone or something..

Anyways there is not a topic that focuses on Australia and its nonexistant powers, there is not one topic that focuses on the police state in the UK.

All you people want to do is focus in the fact that Americans ( though some of us were not even born yet) has gone about conquering the world, destroying lesser civilizations and dominating the whole world.

Well I am here today to tell you that we DID do all those things, we dominated the globe with new ideas, technology and things you use everyday all to have you take our money then rub our name in the dirt, to bash us and condemn us for it.

First, Australia is coping better than your country right now and I guess being smaller would help that. We don't need power.. We don't try to dominate the world and most likely never will. As far as England goes, good luck to them.

You have gone about conquering the world and to this day, you still do. Its probably one of the reasons why the USA is apparently one of the most hated nations in the world. It aint your fault, it's your governments.

Some countries around the globe don't really care about your technology etc. Take a look what your technology has done to Japan. That was a great idea, wasn't it? Again I do not blame your citizens because most would look at their own government the same also. But when it comes to me and looking from the outside, Your government are most likely the biggest problem. Friends have travelled to the USA and love it. Your government are the ones who will get people like you in deep sh*t somewhere down the track.

Well goods job ATS, the american people who post here are expressing opinions and although they are different from yours perhaps they are still some of the most ingenuitive people and opinions around.

And for people to go around and insult the people of America just remember that the people of America are your only fighting chance....you do not stand a chance without them.

Let freedom ring forever!
edit on 21-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

What are you American people going too do for me? Put 4000 troops on our land and put us at risk of being a target? If your government would mind their own business and leave other countries alone, and I'm not saying its just yous either, this world would not have to worry knocking or making you feel as though everyone has a beef with your country. Yous aren't my only fighting chance, my kids are....
edit on 21-7-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You forgot to mention the petty fighting amoung political groups and protestors.

The racial arguing and accusations.

The Obama lynch squads.

The martyring of nutcases.

Oh yah, ATS has sold out.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Wether you like America or not, the people of america do not represent the president or the military

Im really getting tired of these threads about Anti- America or Anti- whatever country. All it does is create arguments, its not going to get anyone to change thier mind about how they feel about a country. There is goodthings and bad things about any country

Now as for the Military. Almost every thread about a country the military gets bashed. Yes we have a few bad ones but the vast majority are good people, we dont make the decisions we just follow orders from the politicians that have been voted into power by( yes, im goona say it) the people.

The military is not evil. I have hung around British military, Australian military, and Canadian military and I can honestly say they were some of the kindest people ive met and all that time talking with them in Iraq not once did they talk crap about each others country. Every country I went too the civilians were alot ruder then thier military.

We dont like killing people, we dont like leaving our families, I definatly didnt like having my wife (the love of my life and bestfriend) leave me because i was gone so much.

You can say what you want about us, thats your right. Just like it my right to say Religion is more dangerous and evil then eveything..

Anyone who uses thier self as a shield I would say they are good people.. How many of you would do that?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

What's stopping you create a thread on Police state UK? I would be interested to read it.

The majority of the membership is American, if you find the anti American sentiment, it is most likely coming from your fellow Americans. You are a pretty divided bunch aren't you?

A quick ATS search for 'UK Police state' reveals many threads dedicated to it... Just sayin

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

LOL hilarious, very good...you made me spew tea all over my laptop with that.

GUNS GUNS GUNS YEEEHAAAAH!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Calm down. They're just jealous.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ

it's the American government not the people that are the problem

If the people thought about what was right and wrong, used discernment, they wouldn't have been involved in 10+ years of illegal wars and occupations.
this is what pisses me off about the american citizenry, too ready to whatever they are told to do, if it means they get to have agun, shoot other people, feel a little bit of power, and control, and so long as a man ir red white and blue is telling them to do it.
America more than any other nation has the majority share of dumb animals and useful idiots.
And all those people who are objecting to the wars, to all the vets that now see what it is all about, i have the utmost respect for you guys.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Three days before President Dwight Eisenhower left office he gave his "Military Industrial" speech in which he quotes:

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well.

But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions.

Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications.

Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex.

The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted.

Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

His warning came to fruition on November 22nd, 1963 when President John Kennedy was assassinated and President Lyndon Johnson pushed the US deeper into the War in Vietnam and since then the Military/Industrial complex has gained almost total control of the US government.

The 2012 Federal Budget calls for Defense-related expenditures of over 1.4 trillion dollars and that does not include funding for all of the current wars. Over 20% of the annual budget goes towards defense spending and until this spending is curtailed the average US citizen has no hope for the future.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by ZeussusZ

it's the American government not the people that are the problem

If the people thought about what was right and wrong, used discernment, they wouldn't have been involved in 10+ years of illegal wars and occupations.
this is what pisses me off about the american citizenry, too ready to whatever they are told to do, if it means they get to have agun, shoot other people, feel a little bit of power, and control, and so long as a man ir red white and blue is telling them to do it.
America more than any other nation has the majority share of dumb animals and useful idiots.
And all those people who are objecting to the wars, to all the vets that now see what it is all about, i have the utmost respect for you guys.

The problem with America is the tyrranical corporate fascist government AND the APATHY of the American people.. Apathy allows the continuation of the big brother state! Unfortunately, most americans are tuned into americas got talent or idol or whatever and think the reals news is what dress Kate Middleton is wearing today! Ugh

Its hard to fault a society that the majority has full trust in their government due to propaganda and the amazing way they use media to misdirect attention away from real issues! Now, that being said, apathy is a problem throughout the world.. And ill be the first to say that my country, Canada, is just about as apathetic as the US... Until people wake up, or an incident happens that forces people to see whats really going on, the apathetic nature of western society will continue

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

God that's disturbing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join