It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad NOT ready to step down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Doesnt sound like he is going anywhere to me.

Syrian authorities denied on Friday reports that President Bashar al-Assad was preparing to leave office “in an orderly way.”A statement on Syrian state television said the rumors were “completely devoid of truth.”
The denial came after comments by Russia’s ambassador to France, Alexander Orlov, to French radio.

www.foxnews.com...

india.nydailynews.com...

news.xinhuanet.com...

www.turkishweekly.net...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
dont pressure him he will let us know when he is ready

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Good, the longer he stands against the West the longer Russia, China and Iran can prepare their military forces.
I hope Assad doesn't back down and the East (SCO) decides to confront the West in a show of military might. The West has a couple shiny jets and big bombs but the East has more men, more tanks, larger industries and have the home field advantage.

I don't see Assad relinquishing his grip on the nation when he has a majority support and the backing of Russia/China/Iran so the West will have to resort to violence to topple him which won't go down very well considering Syria has been arming since the early 60's to counter any strike against them and that they have missiles capable of hitting Turkey and Israel and parts of Europe with chemical weapons.

It is like pushing some who has a bomb strapped to himself. Keep pushing him and eventually he will explode, taking you with him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately tanks and men dont win wars anymore. Maybe 30-40 years ago but not anymore. Just means a lot fo dead men and a lot of blown up tanks.

Originally posted by Trajan

Good, the longer he stands against the West the longer Russia, China and Iran can prepare their military forces.
I hope Assad doesn't back down and the East (SCO) decides to confront the West in a show of military might. The West has a couple shiny jets and big bombs but the East has more men, more tanks, larger industries and have the home field advantage.

I don't see Assad relinquishing his grip on the nation when he has a majority support and the backing of Russia/China/Iran so the West will have to resort to violence to topple him which won't go down very well considering Syria has been arming since the early 60's to counter any strike against them and that they have missiles capable of hitting Turkey and Israel and parts of Europe with chemical weapons.

It is like pushing some who has a bomb strapped to himself. Keep pushing him and eventually he will explode, taking you with him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
what i fail to comprehend, is why the UN is focused on Sanctions for the Syrian Government, and not trying to cease fire from the "Rebels",

Indeed the UN peace plan was for both sides to cease fire, though, the concern is focused more so on the Government versus the "Rebels"

The Sanctions would determine the Government cease utilizing heavy weaponry, in turn giving the "Rebels" full access to takeover,

that fails to sound 'Peaceful'

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I hope you are joking. Sounds like you WANT the world to enter a third world war which will only end in the planet blowing up and no surviors of humanity left.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Nope I am not joking. The West has murdered and butchered its way across the globe for too long. It is about time Russia sends them a message in the only language they understand. Brute military force.

I don't want a war but I want Russia to finally say 'enough is enough.. Come any closer and we will destroy you.' and for the West to finally pull its head out of its @ss and quit the neo-imperialist game.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

I hope you are joking. Sounds like you WANT the world to enter a third world war which will only end in the planet blowing up and no surviors of humanity left.

Good lord, yet another post full of nothing more than baseless personal opinion. yes, that's you Trajan!.

I think that what has developed here is a stand off between the majority of the UN against Russia and China. With both 'sides' appearing to stand firm on their decisions. With each hoping that the other gives in first. And as Wirral Bagpuss implied a third world war with absolute stubborness on both sides can only lead to possible desolation of the world as we know it?
edit on 20/7/12 by logicalview because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Nope I am not joking. The West has murdered and butchered its way across the globe for too long. It is about time Russia sends them a message in the only language they understand. Brute military force.

I don't want a war but I want Russia to finally say 'enough is enough.. Come any closer and we will destroy you.' and for the West to finally pull its head out of its @ss and quit the neo-imperialist game.

I am sure this heroic image of Russia is popular across the globe especially in places like Gronzy, Tbilisi, Warsaw, and Kiev.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

im sorry but you are living in a dream world...never going to happen
stu

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Those are strong words coming from a person who is afraid to enter their location into their profile. Our B-52 bombers would sure like to know where you live...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Do you seriously believe that Russia, China and Iran are staging a delay in Assad's fall just so they have more time to "prepare their military forces"?

I guess he is going to have to hang on for quite a while...just to make up the gap in "shiny jets". The U.S., Britain, Germany and France (we could add more "West" countries to the list...but this will make the point) have about 22,000 military aircraft. Russia, China and Iran combined have about 9,000.

Assad is finished...and it is going to be the motley rag-tag bunch of his own citizens, who are steadily gaining control across that nation, who are going to topple him and his regime...not some fantasy invasion by "the West". He brought all of this on himself by deciding to respond to the Syrian Arab Spring uprising by gunning down and shelling those calling for change.

If he had any sense at all, he would just disappear to somewhere, where he can live out his life in exile, under the protection of a sympathetic country. Otherwise, he is going to end up at the end of a noose, as penalty for the 17,000 of his fellow Syrian citizens who have died since he decided to put his personal thirst for power ahead of his Country's desire for new leadership.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

Those are strong words coming from a person who is afraid to enter their location into their profile. Our B-52 bombers would sure like to know where you live...

That was an awful thing to say. Someone wants the U.S. to stop invading countries and your response is to kill him.

top topics

join