It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The reports say ''71 shot'' see further posts with quotes and links. sheesh, Iam saying it just exactly as the Police Cief of Colorado reported it and the media is reporting it, but hey you seem to think of your version as the only one you believe...save it, I don't care for your opinion. I would prefer to believe in the actual reports.

I'm going off the reports too and just trying to say that it is quite early to be believing any of the reports as 100% accurate. We all have our opinions.

link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

No, people (and many media outlets) are claiming that 71 people got shot. That would mean bullets hit 71 people. I am correcting everyone and saying that is not correct. 12 people are confirmed shot and dead, and 59 were injured. Sure, some of those 59 probably got hit by bullets, but I have been following this since 12:00am in the morning, and know that most people just got shrapnel from an explosive device, and others injured from tear gas inhalation. Not everyone was shot.

he used a shotgun, so he'd probably "shoot" everyone in the theater after around 4 rounds...

link   
Man and he even into church.

James Eagan Holmes has been described as a shy and well-mannered young man by a neighbor, who claims the Colorado shooting suspect was heavily involved in his local Presbyterian church

www.christianpost.com...

edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DeadRising
Sadly things like this can't be prevented, you can try to prevent it, but crazy is crazy blaming it on firearms is immature and baseless.

If someone wants to do something bad enough they will do it no matter how awesome you try to take preventive steps.

This world is just in a era of mental decay, there is no fixing decay, it rots.

I don't want to get into "should americans have guns" at the end of the day, I'm not American and it's nothing to do with me BUT I will say, here in the uk we've had only one mass shooting in my living memory, and none since the gun control laws were tightened right up (as a result) however i can rememeber MULTIPLE shootings in America.... Would you say that's because of the ease of access to guns or do the states just have a higher class of crazy?

link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
While flipping through the channels just now, I heard this news blurb:

"Apparently, both candidates have agreed to hold off running some new "contrast ads" for the time being"

"Contrast ads" is another name for attack ads.

It looks like the Obama campaign seized upon the opportunity first. Romney's campaign followed immediately.
This is it, my fellow Americans. This is what our choices have been reduced to. "Vote for me because I briefly stopped running slanderous attack ads against my opponent in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy."

What I found funny/ironic was that immediately after showing the clip of Romney mentioning the ads they went to commercial break and there was an attack ad on Obama.

I'm a supporter of neither.

link   
This kinda stuff confuses me.

The victims here seem to have been "picked" at random with no real identifying target. Just senseless bloodshed.
I expect mental illness being a factor for the shooter(s). No real motive...unless VIP of sorts is in the number of dead/wounded.

I just wonder what the message was that never got heard.

If a gov. building gets targeted, the motive is a political one?

People go off and shoot people because of a reactionary defense mechanism...

I was expecting some kinda crap coming out of Comic-Con 2012 this year.

Hollywood comes to Denver

Condolences to families and loved-ones of tragedy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Are you allowed to carry concealed weapon in CO, where were the good guys with the Homeland security CCW, I thought that was part of what that was all about. Get the bad guy.

I hope these fools don't try and use this as, see guns are bad, time to get guns off the streets, hype.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I haven't seen anything that contradicts that he was wearing a gas mask. If there is some report, please let me know.

A gas mask is not bullet proof. I've seen nothing that indicates his face wouldn't have been a very viable target. Did I miss something?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Shot doesn't mean killed. It means hit by bullet or shard. They usually say "shot dead" for killed.

link   
Why so serious?

On a less macabre note, what's up with all these shootings lately? First the Toronto shooting, now this just a few days later. What the hell is going on lately?

Did anyone else hear about this? One of the survivors of the Toronto shooting was killed in the Colorado shooting. What the hell are the odds that she would be in Colorado just days later and be killed by ANOTHER shooting after she had just survived one??? Weird stuff

A woman killed when a gunman opened fire in a Colorado movie theatre had survived Toronto’s recent Eaton Centre shooting and wrote in a blog that she was “blessed” to have survived the first incident. Jessica Ghawi was among 12 people shot dead early Friday morning when gunfire erupted at a midnight screening of Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo.

Link to story

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by ColeYounger

It works. Look at all the flack the NRA got for their convention in Denver after Columbine despite the fact that the date and venue had been set for years in advance.

People are stupid and emotional. Politicians count on this.

I agree. Politicians absolutely depend on it.

link   
Looks like the 3 month old baby passed away. RIP little one.

The shooting killed at least 12 people, including a 3-month-old baby, and left approximately 59 others injured.
www.christianpost.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by r2d246

SWORD
SWORD

Wooden swords are better than real ones.

Why all these false flag attacks?

We had 2 in Canada, one in Toronto and one in Quebec. Like I said Canadians can't even defend themselves with spray against rapists, but the Thugs are armed.

So what little immature stupidity are the dark side doing. They're so lacking in intelligence and so transparent.

WHY?

Why the urgency to disarm?

Is it that the lights are going to go out, and then they have mobs of Sharia say, thugs, and miltia waiting to kill whole families, and behead people?

I've read enough possibilities and considering how low brow they truly are, tend to prepare for the worst case scenarios and hope for the best.

Its time to be fully armed and responsibly trained. Peace. Love. And Serve and Protect our Families.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
We got a bunch of guys on here arguing abou who's Johnson's bigger, you guys are petty.

link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Yeah, I though that was odd too. She was aspiring journalist.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by paratus

Not exactly. Shotguns at close range don't have much spread. Only at long range do they have a lot of spread.

Also, although he had an AR15, shotgun, and two handguns, reports are he didn't use them all...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by DangerDeath

I watched the press conference on TV and the police chief said 71 people were shot. 71 people....by one person. This is really hard for my mind to comprehend.

It doesn't surprise me. it was in an enclosed space during the movie and most of us know the movies tend to put us in a dream like state. large crowd with nowhere to go . It was a turkey shoot. However if someone else besides the shooter was armed the KIA and WIA would have been far less.

link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

It's not Americans in general it's crazy american people. I play video games, I own guns, I am American, I would never even remotely think of going bat# crazy like that. There are too many guns out there now it is useless to try to do anything about it.

Crazy doesn't have a loyal country.

link   
this is what I have learned from reading this entire forum
Paintballs are WMDs
71 or 59?
what "I" woulda done
Guns r bayud Umkay
Ill shoot you if you take my gun
The Joker now has "red hair?"
I should watch TV NOW!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's possible... that....

Maybe he was just trying to have a little fun, like a practical joke that got out of control. Maybe he was just trying to scare people but he was drunk and missfired into the crowd.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join