It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

They are mixing up the numbers....

The police cheif just said in his press release just a minute ago;

Twelve people were shot dead and 59 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said in an afternoon press conference.

People are spreading a rumor that 71 were shot. They are adding the 12 + 59 to get 71. There was 71 injured, not 71 shot. No way that one guy shot 71 people...
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
CNN just mentioned that they had a witness that spotted something unusual. they just went to a comercial. wonder what they saw?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Its not a conspiracy, its the typical process of gathering information over time........thats how investigations are done

Rodger that. And I am in agreement.

I used to work in media and I know how it works. Fast and not accurate. I was just posting the notes I took from the presser.

And I do not believe there is a conspiracy here. I think the guy was just bat crap crazy. To me consistently blaming the government for any tragedy is no different then religious freaks screaming "the devil made him do it".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
violent video games, violent music, violent tv shows,

Yeah, but you can't question any of that or you are reviled.

Add to it the MSM macabre glorification for ratings of events such as this and it's inevitable.

It all acts to desensitize fragile young minds to the actual horror of real life violence. They can't conceive of the real life consequences except for the infamy of having their name and picture plastered everywhere when they get even with the world in a blaze of pseudo-glory.

link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
It says that the killer shot a canister - which means he had this big gun which shoots tear gas canisters. Then what? He dropped it and pulled an assault rifle out of his sack and started to shoot, and then he resorted to shotgun broadsides of grape shot?

Two guns and one launcher and body armor and gas-mask, he operated all that?

In that crowd exposed to such gunfire, with tear gas in their eyes and throats, how many survivors could actually see and swear it was just one man there?

You never seen the movie Rampage. It's possible.

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Once and for all, this is not a case for gun control.

That guy was a thug or agent or Mkultra sleeper.

The people were unarmed and it went over just like this does in Canada. We can't be armed! Thugs and militia are armed only.

In Canada, if you're being raped and you use bear spray or mace, you get a longer sentence than the rapist, he may be on a bracelet even and you get 7 or 8 years. Make sense??? NO!!!!!! Period!!!!!
This is actually a case for arming all citizens and training them well and responsibly.

In fact I would never want a weapon, NOW I DO! AND WILL BE ARMED AND TRAINED SOON WITH SOMETHING.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

this is how you keep the insanity of gun ownership going!

complete and utter insanity.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I totally agree with you..it really comes down to the disintegration of the family and family values.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

so when you are wrong, will you digress, admit jumping conclusions, and appologize to everyone for being such a jerk about it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by Unity_99
Once and for all, this is not a case for gun control.

That guy was a thug or agent or Mkultra sleeper.

The people were unarmed and it went over just like this does in Canada. We can't be armed! Thugs and militia are armed only.

In Canada, if you're being raped and you use bear spray or mace, you get a longer sentence than the rapist, he may be on a bracelet even and you get 7 or 8 years. Make sense??? NO!!!!!! Period!!!!!
This is actually a case for arming all citizens and training them well and responsibly.

In fact I would never want a weapon, NOW I DO! AND WILL BE ARMED AND TRAINED SOON WITH SOMETHING.

this is how you keep the insanity of gun ownership going!

complete and utter insanity.

Are you out to lunch? I'm someone who lives in a country that HAS gun control and never wanted a gun.

NOW I DO.

This went over like it does in CANADA, PEOPLE UNARMED AND CROOKS WITH GUNS.

SO HOW DO YOU READ OR REASON? NOT WITH LOGIC!

Yesterday felt safer without a gun.

Today, not a chance!

I think their whole set up BACKFIRED myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, the press conference answered one thing in my mind. No weapons a private citizen carries would have stopped this guy and if he'd chosen to make a stand, I doubt anything the first cops on scene had would have stopped him either.

He was decked out like the North Hollywood bank robbery suspects and the world watched those people take shot after shot after shot. At the end, the were taking hunting rounds from the rifles cops took from local gun stores...and STILL not dropping.

He had leggings, groin cover...the whole suit. So I'd like to hear what weapon any CCW permit holder is ever likely to really have which would do more than piss him off? I carry a 1911 most of the time and it would not have stopped him. Knocked him over from kenetic energy, maybe.....but he'd have gone down firing right into my face. Nope... He had check-mate and obviously, planned it that way.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Now a guy on the phone with CNN is saying that someone took a phone call in the theater then went over to the Emergency exit and propped the door open, letting in the gunman. So it sounds like he had an accomplice.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well there was just an X class solar flare recently

www.foxnews.com...

link   
I joined just to post...

What the # is wrong with this world? ?????

Whack jobs are now killing at movie events just to be remembered in some sort of sick mock tribute to darkness. Really?

This world is beyond fixing, now it's just about trying to live your life out in peace, thats as good as it gets.

They should hang him by his nutsack with fish hooks for life in solitary with a mace shoved up his cornhole.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

How am I being a jerk about it? Did I call anyone a jerk like you did?

I am not wrong. Unlike some people I was paying attention. I will wait for your apology when I prove you wrong.

link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
It says that the killer shot a canister - which means he had this big gun which shoots tear gas canisters. Then what? He dropped it and pulled an assault rifle out of his sack and started to shoot, and then he resorted to shotgun broadsides of grape shot?

Two guns and one launcher and body armor and gas-mask, he operated all that?

In that crowd exposed to such gunfire, with tear gas in their eyes and throats, how many survivors could actually see and swear it was just one man there?

It was a smoke grenade. He wore a gas mask and a flak jacket / body armour. A lot of the people there were dressed up as Batman etc, so would have looked like a 'regular' consumer.

www.telegraph.co.uk... nator-like-gunman.html

"The gunman came through the exit and threw a canister of smoke and then started shooting up the place with a semi-automatic weapon," he said.

"We thought it was part of the movie but it became very real, very quickly.

"He must have shot 19 or 20 rounds. People were scrambling left and right. Somebody behind us. Maybe a straggler was hit. He said 'I am hit'.

"He looked like the Terminator. He didn't say anything. He was just shooting and shooting and shooting.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes I'm aware he was armored. But 50 trained to shoot well would have eventually got something.

Mind you, my friend and his wooden swords and DOJO training ideas, that hurts and is very effective to stop, but isn't normally lethal, and if 50 people had jumped him with those, even in armor he would have gone down.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
EUGENICS

The science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics.

What's the parents backgrounds?.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow this kid had such a full life...

James Eagan Holmes – DOB 12/13/87

The University of California, Riverside can confirm that a person by this name graduated from UCR with a BS in neuroscience in the Spring of 2010. His last known address was in San Diego.
(added 9:34 a.m.)

His dates of attendance were Fall 2006 through Spring 2010. (added 10:10 a.m.)

ucrtoday.ucr.edu...

edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

They are mixing up the numbers....

The police cheif just said in his press release just a minute ago;

Twelve people were shot dead and 59 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said in an afternoon press conference.

People are spreading a rumor that 71 were shot. They are adding the 12 + 59 to get 71. There was 71 injured, not 71 shot. No way that one guy shot 71 people...

You seem to be taking the word "shot" to mean fatally injured.

The rest of the people (59) were injured, possibly shot or from shrapnell. You can be shot and survive.
edit on 20-7-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
GUY on cnn just said that he was sitting on the front row and seen someone get a call and take it to the exit door and then chaos ensued. seems like the shooter had an accomplice.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join