It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all the major religions, worship the same God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SpearMint

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Thank you for another source of Christíanety teaching nonduality. I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God. God is the first soul to the last soul and beside him there is nothing else. All souls are part of god.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
reply to post by jhill76

Not sure, but since the God's seems to preach peace in all the major religions, and the majority of all adherents seem to have no problem killing each other in all these ridiculous wars, the gods do seem similar in their innability to get their followers to adhere to a very basic teaching. I guess there might be an exception here or there. Quakers, and possibly Buddhist's now those fellas God's seem to have a pretty good handle on their followers!

The rest seem to allways put nationalism ahead of their adherance to following their gods peacable admonishment's

I think the reason for budddism is that they preach escape from duality and death of ego. It is funny how some Christians are so angry/hateful at Satan/Devil when for me it is a symbolic referance to humanities parasitic ego tendecies that they have inside theirselfes and the more hateful they become the more they strengthen it and falls deeper into dualityviews that they are right and everybody else is wrong. It is not really not 100% the religon that is at fault but what the person reading the religious text take with them (what they are).
edit on 20-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret
we buddhists don't worship gods.

You strive to become ONE with everything don't you?. With the ALL. Sometimes called god/Allah. From my point of view it is the same source that created Jesus and Buddha. Buddism is just not describing the intent of the everything that is working behind the scenes and there is intent there working thru synchronicity and evolving the souls with more and more understanding.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I feel for you, Klass, I left the church at a fairly young age, and didn't begin to investigate it and Christianity for years after. But the results is the same. We are free now of the chains of religious dogma, and falsehoods shouted by Christians.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Just so long as you're not in the least biased as a result of the religious fanaticism of your mother then your motives cannot be in question..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

This is a common misconception that I have to point out. Lucifer is NOT Satan.

We all know that, but he refuses to know that. In fact, you will find it near impossible to tell this guy anything at all is you do not belong to his cult. He is hear to enlighten us all on his vast knowledge and superior wisdom.

Lucifer is direct Latin. Its a WORD not a name. Lux = Light. Fer/ferre = To Bring/bear. Thus, lucifer literally means "the light bringer" in Latin. Besides the use of lucifer as a regular word in Latin, it was also very widely used as the name of planet Venus, aka "The bright and morning star", because Venus is one of the brightest objects in the sky in the morning (and in the evening during certain times). It actually got to the point where the word lucifer became synonymous with "morning star".

Truth is, this very thing has been posted in ATS a great many times, but Christians seem to have a built-in filter for these things. To them it is all the same. Satan=Lucifer, God=Jesus=Holy Spirit. Bible=irrefutable word of God himself. Everyone not Christian=Satanist. A simple way for them to remember.

Very interesting when you consider that the Bible calls Jesus "the morning star" countless times throughout.

I postulated that myself:
Conspiracy of the Century...Jesus and Lucifer, One and the Same!
The thread was not taken well, as you can see.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

ok. i am not a christian but grew up in a semi christian family.. but if satan were to be the same thing as jesus..
how in the world could the word satan have switched to be a word describing the lucifer?

if the word satan started out as another word for jesus, or whatever, what could have made it so it switched meanings??

i do think that satan is another word describing lucifer, but i just dont get how there could be an idea thinking it means jesus, because those are totally huge opposites right!?

the only thing i can think that could have been the situation is that whatever source that started the latin language wanted people to think that satan, is the same as jesus, so that people would start believing in satan thinking it is jesus, but it is not.

i personally dont think you should listen to what a word means in another language if it has to do with something like this....... satan is not something good, that is that, it has grown too much with evil behind its name to actually be something that is related with jesus....
even if satan did in the beginning start out as meaning what jesus is.... well there is no way that the meaning of satan can be switched around this far in time, with so many thousands of years of people living their lives thinking satan is related with lucifer.....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

You would love this book.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342811042&sr=1-8

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

hmm i might look take a look at this.... but why do you think i would love it?....
what about me makes you think i would love it?.. i am just wondering.. because i might love it.. i just want to know why you think i would...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Intuition, a hunch, or whatever.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

haha oh.. well thanks!

i am actually trying to find the book 'Celestine Prophecy' actually right now but i will try and get to that book too..

im not much of a reader but my brother told me that this book was a total life changer for him and he thinks its something that would do the same with me from what iv been interested in lately..

have you heard of that book?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You're the angel from above with all the answers, don't you know?

What does this have to do with the question that stands?

You're supposed to be the angel from above or so you claim. Do you not know who he is?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I understand your confusion. Equating Satan to Jesus would be a difficult argument. However, autowrench is not saying that Satan is Jesus. His postulation was that Lucifer is Jesus. Remeber, Lucifer and Satan are not the same thing.

The idea autowrench is touting is that Lucifer ("the light bringer" or "the morning star") - NOT Satan - is another descriptor for Jesus. This makes much more sense as the Bible is replete with verses that call Jesus just that - "the morning star" and the "light bringer".

It might be difficult to get your head around this if you've been thinking that Lucifer is Satan. But when you realize that lucifer is a WORD and does not equate to Satan (according to linguists, Christian apologists, and the Bible itself), then its not so ridiculous to refer to Jesus as the "light bringer", "morning star", or lucifer.

On another note, I highly doubt that the authors of the Latin language structured it in such a way as to fool people about this whole Lucifer thing. First of all, the Latin language pre-dates the Jesus of the Bible by many many many years. Whats more, the meaning of the Latin word lucifer ("the light bringer" and "morning star") is used in many other languages to describe the Christ. If Lucifer were a name or pronoun, other languages would just say Lucifer instead of their own words for "light bringer" and "morning star".

For example, if a Japanese guy with the name Shinji were to show up at your door, you would just call him Shinji, not "acupuncture" which is what the WORD shinji translates to in Japanese.

In the same manner, if you were translating a Japanese medical article about acupuncture into English, you would translate the word shinji as acupuncture instead of using the word shinji again.

The same is true with this whole Lucifer thing. The original Hebrew Bible uses the Hebrew words for "light bringer" or "morning star" and not the word lucifer. Other language translations of the Bible use their own native words for these things. If lucifer were a name, then all of the other translations would use Lucifer or something very close to it. So it should be pretty clear that lucifer is just the Latin translation of "light bringer" and "morning star" from the original Hebrew.

This is why you hardly ever see the word lucifer in an English Bible. The English Bibles that do use the word are using it in error. The KJV version comes to mind, but we all know how many mis-translations there are in that one.

Lucifer /= Satan
edit on 20-7-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

Autowrench, I believe I included a link to your "Conspiracy of the Century" thread at the bottom of my first post in this thread. I was too lazy to add the thread titles to the links!

edit on 20-7-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You're the angel from above with all the answers, don't you know?

What does this have to do with the question that stands?

You're supposed to be the angel from above or so you claim. Do you not know who he is?

I guess one cannot ask questions on here. Instead of talking about the topic, you want to resort to talking about me.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It is a sin to worship anything. To worship a thing is to be lost in delusion, it is the cause of all human suffering.
The things of the world will not bring any peace, there is no santuary in the world. The world (of things) must be overcome so one can be one with the truth.
Only the truth shall set you free.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

that does make a lot of sense.. from reading what you put made it easier for me to see how lucifer can represent jesus..

i guess i just had to get around the fact that lucifer does not have anything to do with satan.. but i can see how the word lucifer can be used in that manner...

well thank you for clearing that up in my mind for me! haha

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Already have my friend and all roads lead to the cross. The proof for the ressurection is undeniable when properly investigated honestly.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

There is no truth without Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit guiding you. The Bible is my truth filter if im unsure about something I see what the word of God says and if it is in agreement.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

God created souls, God is Spirit. Dont cpnfuse the creator with the creation like many new agers do.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Then which is Satan, beezlebub?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join