Do all the major religions, worship the same God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Do all the major religions, worship the same God, but differ on the details?

I come to this question, by observance of what others post on here. It seems that all teach the basics: Treat others as self, love neighbors, and general concern for others well being.

*I'm not speaking on salvation, or going to hell, or anything of that nature. I'm specifically asking, do all the major religions recognize the same God.

Example:
If we have Paul describing God in his own way, and Muhammad describing God in his own way, aren't we just following what a man says about God? Isn't this how the religions were formed?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all the false God's of the world

There is only one true living God and that's Yahweh.

And Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.
edit on 19-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all other God's.

Could say Allah, be the same God, but described differently than say Christians would describe him?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all other God's.

Could say Allah, be the same God, but described differently than say Christians would describe him?

Muslims unknowingly worship the pagan moon God named Hubal.

Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia since 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship as far back as 2000 BC.

take a look

Really the God of Islam is not the same as the God of the Bible as many Muslims will claim.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Thanks for the link. But, when there is this point:

Regardless of the specifics of the facts, it is clear that Islam is derived from paganism that once worshiped a moon-god.

That is very subjective. It would be nice to hear from a person of the Islam faith to chime in.

Could it just be his view of God, just like Christians have Pauls view of God?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all the false God's of the world

That's a bit arrogant of you, what makes you right and all other religions wrong?

Why can't your god be a "false God"?

The answer is it can. Since you have no proof you can't dictate who is right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

+1.
The argument that all gods are the same is fallacious. The different representations of gods within the sacred texts of each religion simply are not compatible, no matter how much you might like them to be. For example, Allah is the source of both good and evil. Yahweh, on the other hand, "is light; in Him there is no darkness at all".

That's one very simple example of why they are not the same God.

Now, if you were to ask the question: "Do all religions lead to God?", then the answer is quite different. Yes. They do. However, even this answer is not what you're looking for. All religions lead to God in that Yahweh has made it quite clear that "it is determined to man once to die; and after that, to face judgement". Yes, all roads lead to God. The question is, does your road lead to God's judgement, or God's mercy? As Jesus Himself said, "broad is the road and easy the path that leads to destruction; and many there are who walk it. But narrow is the road and small is the gate that leads to life".

And therein lies the crux. In religion, man seeks to find God... and fails. For as God says, "all our righteousness is as filthy rags". You can never attain righteousness through your own methods... for "your ways are not my ways", says God. This is why the law was given; to show mankind that we cannot ever attain to God of our own volition. But rather, "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us: the godly for the ungodly". This is the crux, this is the turning point, the differentiation.

In religion, man seeks God. But in Christ alone, God reaches down to man, "to seek and to save that which was lost". Islam is a religion of submission. Each Muslim is a slave to his own religion, a slave to his own god, desperately trying to be righteous enough to gain the approval of his god. In Christ, we find liberation. Christ is freedom; freedom from the bonds of sin, and freedom from the desperate grind of trying to find God's approval. In Christ, we find undeserved approval from God, undeserved forgiveness, undeserved blessing... and the life lived subsequently should be one of eternal gratitude... righteousness as an expression of thankfulness.

So, put simply, it all comes down to Christ.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

For example, Allah is the source of both good and evil. Yahweh, on the other hand, "is light; in Him there is no darkness at all".

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

This would be wrong then?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Its a fact, if you want to know for yourself then research it and check the history of islam. All the facts are there to check for yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

there is only one true absolute god that should be what all religions follow... the one true creator of all things in existence.
if this is not the god that people believe in then what other god could there be?.
i dont consider myself christian or anything like that, but i do believe in god... and i choose to believe in the god that created existence and the god that is the all loving, and the all being, and the all knowing.

that is the god i believe and love.....

what other god could there be?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

there is only one true absolute god that should be what all religions follow... the one true creator of all things in existence.

Understood. Each one says their God created all. Which one is correct, or is God the same, but the details different for each?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

It might seem that I am being arrogant, but the Bible makes extraordinary claims, its up to you to do the research and decide for yourself whether the claims are truthful or not. It is clear there is only one creator God. It makes absolutely no sense to have more than one creator God. Polytheism is an invention from Lucifer.

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Could it just be his (Muhammads) view of God, just like Christians have Pauls view of God?

If we have Paul describing God in his own way, and Muhammad describing God in his own way, aren't we just following what a man says about God? Isn't this how the religions were formed?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not sure, but since the God's seems to preach peace in all the major religions, and the majority of all adherents seem to have no problem killing each other in all these ridiculous wars, the gods do seem similar in their innability to get their followers to adhere to a very basic teaching. I guess there might be an exception here or there. Quakers, and possibly Buddhist's now those fellas God's seem to have a pretty good handle on their followers!

The rest seem to allways put nationalism ahead of their adherance to following their gods peacable admonishment's

link   
reply to post by jhill76

Even though people might say that the god they believe in is the all creator, and others peoples view is incorrect.. the god that any person believes in is of the same god...

there can only be one true god, and that is the god that people believe in.. any religion that is out there believes in the same god.. i dont get why a religion wouldnt think this?

but yes.. i think that all religions believe in the same god... even if they say their god is different than another religion, it is all in the belief of the creator..

if someone does not agree with me than let me know!.. because i want to hear the side that doesnt think this is true.. what other god is there that a religion could believe in?

link   

Originally posted by Awen24

+1.
The argument that all gods are the same is fallacious. The different representations of gods within the sacred texts of each religion simply are not compatible, no matter how much you might like them to be. For example, Allah is the source of both good and evil. Yahweh, on the other hand, "is light; in Him there is no darkness at all".

So, put simply, it all comes down to Christ.

And the God of the Old Testament, tempting Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge of good and evil, isn't the creator of that tree? Thus good and evil? I mean.... He (she, it, whatever) created everything, or so Genesis suggests.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

It might seem that I am being arrogant, but the Bible makes extraordinary claims, its up to you to do the research and decide for yourself whether the claims are truthful or not. It is clear there is only one creator God. It makes absolutely no sense to have more than one creator God. Polytheism is an invention from Lucifer.

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

So if I managed to start a religion, and in my holy book I wrote that our God is the only true God, all the others are fakes and whatever else the Bible says about that and more, would it make this fictional God the only true God? Both of our religions would have the same credibility and the same amount of proof assuming you didn't know that I made it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Jhill, you have posted a handful of threads similar to this one. I'm just curious as to your purpose behind them. Is it just curiousity? Or is there a method to your madness?

One thing I can tell you is that you will never convert someone who is fundamentalist Christian to not Christian. The bible is written with double-binds throughout. And the church leadership, as well as Christians themselves, reinforce these consistently. There is no escape until the individual Christian makes that choice for themselves. From there, the de-programming takes a long time.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Jhill, you have posted a handful of threads similar to this one. I'm just curious as to your purpose behind them. Is it just curiousity? Or is there a method to your madness?

Why does one have to have an agenda to pose questions?

One thing I can tell you is that you will never convert someone who is fundamentalist Christian to not Christian.

I am here only for observance. I have no intent, than just learning how others think, that is all. Many think by the questions one asks, this is their stance, but I can tell you, it is just curiosity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As I have come to understand, there is only one "God" which is the source of all existence.

You have correctly observed that each major religion's description of God differs in some major and/or minor details. The reason for this is that those who are trying to describe God are trying to describe that which is infinite, encompassing all things, in finite terms. Thus any detailed description of God is inherently flawed, unless that description contains everything in existence.

There are a few words which can accurately describe God:

Infinite, perfect (complete), the source of all things...

Some of the posters in this thread have an incredibly narrow view of God. Their views are constrained by beliefs which have been taught to them over the course of their life and have shaped their subjective reality. In reality they are not truly worshipping God, but a portion of God which they deem to be acceptable. To truly understand God, one must make an effort to see things from the perspective of oneness rather than duality.

For example, the idea that "Yahweh" is the only true name of God and that others, such as "Allah", are false Gods created by yet another entity, "Satan", is a dualistic perspective. Yahweh worshippers divide the infinite into two groups; a finite sphere of ideas which constitutes the "good" side of God (from their perspective), and the rest of the infinite universe outside of that sphere is "evil", the machinations of Satan.

As always, I am open to your criticisms, ideas and rebuttals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join