Do all the major religions, worship the same God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

but i want to see if i am correct that the spirit, the mind, and the body are the 3 essential things of life that make up who we are?

It would depend on if you are from above, or you are of man. I will private message you, on what I spoke of at new light.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes they do...anyone who claims otherwise has bought into lies...

5 blind 'religionists' are holding parts of the same 'elephant', claiming to know what an elephant IS...

Akushla x

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

alright i see.. well sounds good.. then till new light my friend!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"Elephant in the Dark"

Some Hindus have an elephant to show.
No one here has ever seen an elephant.
They bring it at night to a dark room.

One by one, we go in the dark and come out
saying how we experience the animal.
One of us happens to touch the trunk.

"A water-pipe kind of creature."
Another, the ear. "A very strong, always moving
back and forth, fan-animal."

Another, the leg. "I find it still,
like a column on a temple."
Another touches the curved back.

"A leathery throne."
Another, the cleverest, feels the tusk.
"A rounded sword made of porcelain."

He's proud of his description.
Each of us touches one place
and understands the whole in that way.

The palm and the fingers feeling in the dark are
how the senses explore the reality of the elephant.

If each of us held a candle there,
and if we went in together,
we could see it.

-Rumi

Don't listen to fundamentalist children and their kindergarten exegesis. They can't see beyond their local part of the elephant. Just love them and bless them and leave them for the Wisdom of God to handle.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I come to this question, by observance of what others post on here. It seems that all teach the basics: Treat others as self, love neighbors, and general concern for others well being.

religions are all the same. Which means they believe in same principles.

But the way to act , to worship and laws are different. That is Shariat.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all the false God's of the world

There is only one true living God and that's Yahweh.

And Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.
edit on 19-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Even with an ATS education, you still believe only in Myths and Suppositions. Nice. Did you forget what you have been shown, or simply disregard it like so much trash? You have been asked multiple times to show proof of what you state as fact, and yet you do not. What gives?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It might seem that I am being arrogant, but the Bible makes extraordinary claims, its up to you to do the research and decide for yourself whether the claims are truthful or not.

Extraordinary claims indeed! And no extraordinary evidence to back it up. Many of has performed the research, and have happily posted for you the results of our years of work. But to you it is all lies, because your ego tells you that you are the only one who knows a thing. And then you wonder why people attack you. How about YOU do the research before making such wild and unsubstantiated posts like you tend to do?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Only Immanuel gave us the truth in his message of acceptance and forgiveness. This is what is meant by knowing the father/spirit/creator through Immanuel; living his message. Everything else is of the mysteries.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

One thing I can tell you is that you will never convert someone who is fundamentalist Christian to not Christian. The bible is written with double-binds throughout. And the church leadership, as well as Christians themselves, reinforce these consistently. There is no escape until the individual Christian makes that choice for themselves. From there, the de-programming takes a long time.

Ain't that the truth, Klassified....you nailed it. I agree, a Fundamentalist Christians must de-program themselves from the brainwashing and controlling atmosphere of the church. I have been witness to those who have done it, and it can be done, but it takes strength and stamina to do this. I fear some, and I am speaking of some on this board, are too far gone, it seems.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Do all the major religions, worship the same God, but differ on the details?

I come to this question, by observance of what others post on here. It seems that all teach the basics: Treat others as self, love neighbors, and general concern for others well being.

*I'm not speaking on salvation, or going to hell, or anything of that nature. I'm specifically asking, do all the major religions recognize the same God.

Example:
If we have Paul describing God in his own way, and Muhammad describing God in his own way, aren't we just following what a man says about God? Isn't this how the religions were formed?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

No none of them are the same in any way.

Check it out, if you are really interested Mike Hoggard

Michael Hoggard: Mystery Religion in the Vatican
www.youtube.com...

Mike Hoggard:The Mystery of Mecca
www.youtube.com...

Mike Hoggard: Freemason Symbols Revealed
www.youtube.com...

Mike Hoggard: Astrology and Daniel's Fourth Kingdom
www.youtube.com...

Plus many more all quite long but if you are truly interested they are worth watching.
Better way to spend your time watching something, not filled with filth.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Ain't that the truth, Klassified....you nailed it. I agree, a Fundamentalist Christians must de-program themselves from the brainwashing and controlling atmosphere of the church. I have been witness to those who have done it, and it can be done, but it takes strength and stamina to do this. I fear some, and I am speaking of some on this board, are too far gone, it seems.

In the decades I spent as a spirit-filled, bible believing, born-again Christian, I never, ever thought there would come a day when I would be a heathen again. Few Christians are as deeply entrenched in their faith as I was. The "deprogramming" was very hard on me. Still, I must understand their mindset on this, having been there, and thinking the same things as they do right now. From their perspective, I am fallen from grace, unrepentant, blasphemous, and above all, reprobate. And from their perspective, I would be thinking the same thing. Therefore, I cannot hold any malice whatsoever against them. But the leadership of the churches? That's a different story.

My apologies Jhill for wandering into off-topic territory. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What are "Major Religion" in you opinion OP?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes they worship the same god, its called Money!

Why does god need Money???

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all other God's.

Could say Allah, be the same God, but described differently than say Christians would describe him?

You're the angel from above with all the answers, don't you know?

Wanna know who Allah is? Google Heylel ben Shachar, and look at my thread The Bright and Morning Star "Mary" and her husband Allah

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I think God is too big for just one religion, and God is both an entity and a force, so yea if God is in all things, I am with Joseph Cambell in saying God is a God of a thousand faces. People tune into God and/or the representation via their culture and history. My .02

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You're the angel from above with all the answers, don't you know?

What does this have to do with the question that stands?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Are you really asking or are you trying to get people to understand the concept of nonduality perception of reality/everything? If you are asking then this is my thoughts

I am sure that All (gods) are ONE. There is only ONE thing answering but people have different understanding and incotrination about him. Some are very caught up in duality and can only see their own views and everything else is anti their good even when they read the same message where a nonduality person see the message of nonduality.

Parable of the blind men and elephant, that is an example on different views can be describing the same thing

"Blind monks examining an elephant", an 1888 ukiyo-e print by Hanabusa Itchō
The ancient Jain texts often explain the concepts of anekāntvāda and syādvāda with the parable of the blind men and an elephant (Andhgajanyāyah), which addresses the manifold nature of truth.[3]

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. In the case of the first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said "This being is like a drain pipe". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, "I perceive the shape of the elephant to be like a pillar". And in the case of the one who placed his hand upon its back said, "Indeed, this elephant is like a throne". Now, each of these presented a true aspect when he related what he had gained from experiencing the elephant. None of them had strayed from the true description of the elephant. Yet they fell short of fathoming the true appearance of the elephant.

If you wanna see Jesus and Hinduism say the same message then read:
www.stillnessspeaks.com...
and
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
God has no single specific religion, they are all our inventions as a way to understand this God for one, but to try and cram God into a tiny box like a single religion is more than arrogant and more than selfish.

They either all worship the same God, or none of them worship that God at all, but their own invented God.

Look, a religion is supposed to point you towards a certain path. You won't find the path itself on the pages of a book, but rather, you'll find it written on your heart and mind, and on your spirit, but after you've begun to walk it.

What is common with all religion, however, is Love and Wisdom. You can say that God's religion is Love and Wisdom, because nothing is greater than that. They all point to the same thing, but people think dogma is God, and so won't accept him fully without accepting others fully.

Funny how that seems to be. You love God by loving others. You honour God by honouring others. You do this because you find grace in all things as being part of the creation, as being part of existence. Dogma in most western religion is written as it is to split people apart, and that is mostly so because of the fear it peddles. Drop the fear; there's no boogeyman in the closet. We all come from the same place and we all go to the same place, because we never truly left the same place. Could a loving God have it any other way?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yes... Satan aka Lucifer is really the one behind all the false God's of the world

Polytheism is an invention from Lucifer.

This is a common misconception that I have to point out. Lucifer is NOT Satan.

Lucifer is direct Latin. Its a WORD not a name. Lux = Light. Fer/ferre = To Bring/bear. Thus, lucifer literally means "the light bringer" in Latin. Besides the use of lucifer as a regular word in Latin, it was also very widely used as the name of planet Venus, aka "The bright and morning star", because Venus is one of the brightest objects in the sky in the morning (and in the evening during certain times). It actually got to the point where the word lucifer became synonymous with "morning star".

Very interesting when you consider that the Bible calls Jesus "the morning star" countless times throughout. The word lucifer actually relates more to Jesus than anyone else, according to the Bible. The Bible hardly even uses the word Lucifer, with some translations not using it at all! The few times it is used, it is not in reference to Satan.

The confusion became more widespread in the 16th century with John Milton's "Dante's Inferno". In the book, Milton names the evil devil character as Lucifer. Since that time, the incorrect assumption that lucifer = Satan has intensified.

Most Christians are well aware of the lucifer confusion, but there are still many that think Lucifer is the Bible's name for Satan. But all Christians should realize that we are all imperfect beings and might get things wrong from time to time.

It is sad, but nevertheless true, that on occasion Bible students attribute to God’s Word facts and concepts that it neither teaches nor advocates. These ill-advised beliefs run the entire gamut—from harmless misinterpretations to potentially soul-threatening false doctrines.
The word “Lucifer” is used in the King James Version only once, in Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!” The Hebrew word translated “Lucifer” is helel (or heylel), from the root, hâlâl, meaning “to shine” or “to bear light.” Keil and Delitzsch noted that “it derives its name in other ancient languages also from its striking brilliancy, and is here called ben-shachar (son of the dawn)... (1982, 7:311). However, the KJV translators did not translate helel as Lucifer because of something inherent in the Hebrew term itself. Instead, they borrowed the name from Jerome’s translation of the Bible (A.D. 383-405) known as the Latin Vulgate. Jerome, likely believing that the term was describing the planet Venus, employed the Latin term “Lucifer” (“light-bearing”) to designate “the morning star” (Venus). Only later did the suggestion originate that Isaiah 14:12ff. was speaking of the devil. Eventually, the name Lucifer came to be synonymous with Satan. But is Satan “Lucifer”?

No, he is not.

Source: www.apologeticspress.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the facts are there to check for yourself.

Indeed.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

And Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.
edit on 19-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

+1.
The argument that all gods are the same is fallacious. The different representations of gods within the sacred texts of each religion simply are not compatible, no matter how much you might like them to be. For example, Allah is the source of both good and evil. Yahweh, on the other hand, "is light; in Him there is no darkness at all".

That's one very simple example of why they are not the same God.

Now, if you were to ask the question: "Do all religions lead to God?", then the answer is quite different. Yes. They do. However, even this answer is not what you're looking for. All religions lead to God in that Yahweh has made it quite clear that "it is determined to man once to die; and after that, to face judgement". Yes, all roads lead to God. The question is, does your road lead to God's judgement, or God's mercy? As Jesus Himself said, "broad is the road and easy the path that leads to destruction; and many there are who walk it. But narrow is the road and small is the gate that leads to life".

And therein lies the crux. In religion, man seeks to find God... and fails. For as God says, "all our righteousness is as filthy rags". You can never attain righteousness through your own methods... for "your ways are not my ways", says God. This is why the law was given; to show mankind that we cannot ever attain to God of our own volition. But rather, "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us: the godly for the ungodly". This is the crux, this is the turning point, the differentiation.

In religion, man seeks God. But in Christ alone, God reaches down to man, "to seek and to save that which was lost". Islam is a religion of submission. Each Muslim is a slave to his own religion, a slave to his own god, desperately trying to be righteous enough to gain the approval of his god. In Christ, we find liberation. Christ is freedom; freedom from the bonds of sin, and freedom from the desperate grind of trying to find God's approval. In Christ, we find undeserved approval from God, undeserved forgiveness, undeserved blessing... and the life lived subsequently should be one of eternal gratitude... righteousness as an expression of thankfulness.

So, put simply, it all comes down to Christ.

Who say you cannot seek and find god. You cannot serve both you ego and gods way but you can have an ego death and change. Christ conciousness is realisation of god and what you are. Gnosis. You do find liberation in Christ conciousness. The man Jesus left this world and even if he comes back he will probably not be the same. Christi conciousness never left and is still reaching the people who are ready of any view. The ones who have experiances christ conciousness are of all race, gender, culture and religous viewpoint. They are as ONE with god. And just to clarify. Faith without works is dead. Goats are NOT and will not be however much the pray to BE.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join