It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brave little girl (6yo) challenges a group of soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
That is not something you teach a child. That is pure courage.

No it isn't courage. Its growing up in an area where people shoot their AKs in the air when ever their football team scores a goal.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

It;s a place that you probably know nothing about and you judge behind your computer screen like you know something about the world. Listen up little boy, I attack you because you can defend yourself ! You attack them without them knowing. Go to their village and say what you just said to their face alone if you have half the balls that little girl has.

You fail!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's sad to see so many brainwashed people.

If you cannot recognize blatant propaganda how will you ever recognize real courage.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Don't judge others without walking a mile in their feet (I would say shoes but some don't have that luxury). Please, taking away that she has courage is not fair because look at the video. What do you see?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I don't understand what you mean by this is propaganda by whom and what is the agenda according to you?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think the girl is brave to do this. .....BUT its more likely she could also simply be afraid of what her parents, or the PLO, or Hamas might do to her if she DIDN"T.

As several have posted , it's set up. Three things struck me about it.

1) It's a checkpoint:
The IDF has these all over the area. The soldiers are used to protests over it. They weren't apparenlty doing anythingnother then manning their checkpoint. Whoever sent her out probably knew this to be pretty safe for her. Contrary to popular belief, the IDF doens't deliberatly target unarmed children.

2) She is speaking English, not uncommon, but who is the target audience?? And if so........

3). There has been discussion ( I think on Glenn Beck's show, so take that how you want) of recent connections between the Palestinians and Latino's and Native American's. The thought is to connect the occupation of the west bank as equivelant to parts of the US having been native american or parts of the SW US as once part of Mexico. And therefor "occupied". I thought her outfit was very Native American/Latino. Yes the headband is PLO....but the hair and remaining dress look native american... Any chance this is aimed to consolidate support among the three?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
It's sad to see so many brainwashed people.

If you cannot recognize blatant propaganda how will you ever recognize real courage.

Oh come now. It's propaganda if I care or believe her message. Thats a whole different debate and certainly no given in my mind. That wasn't my point or what seemed to be for others. It's the brave face of a little girl in one corner of the world which is more insane than most these days. At her age, I don't put political motives as we'd have them.

It's kinda sad we can't appreciate something so simple without bringing in the political undertones to over-ride everything else.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thanks John, for the positive message. Its good to see children, standing up, and articulating, what grownups cant do.

Keep them coming !

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by Domo1

I dont give the head band too much importance. Children love to wear headbands all over the world. Especially at that age. Saw a bunch of them on a recent visit to Japan.

Unforgettable vid indeed.
edit on 19-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Oh now wait a minute partner. It's hard not to admire the little girl for her bravery, but this was obviously set up and filmed by someone with an agenda. They used that little girl. The headband had a purpose. It wasn't an innocent attempt at "dress-up" by her. It was there for a specific reason. This incident wasn't happenstance. It was planned. Who ever set this up and sent that little girl out there should be ashamed.

Now that said, I cannot fathom the life that poor little girl is subjected to daily. She lives in a war zone. She is losing her innocence by the minute and this episode furthered that along. That whole part of the world is so messed up. The Israelis are wrong and the Palestinians are wrong. Well to clarify, those who are leading them are wrong and are doing it to further their self-importance and their greedy agendas. That little girl and everyone else in the region are just trying to live their lives in as normal a fashion as possible have become the casualties of that greed and self-righteous dogma.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

So if she is in a village in Palestine and is talking in such a manner to soldiers at a checkpoint it's because she is more likely forced to do so?
Couldn't it be that she is tired of seeing the village people afraid of the soldiers with guns that are gaining territory every year?
Or that her family/friends are dead as a results of the conquest?
Or that she just doesn't like war?
Do you like war?

The action she displayed whether she was South American, African or neither doesn't take away the weight it holds on the grounds of communicating her/your dislikes or anger to a group of men with guns taking/destroying your home in a peaceful manner. 6 years old!! 6!!!!! She is using dialogue to communicate and what is happening? Nothing?
Who can she speak to? WTF else can she do? Perhaps try to reach as many people as she can that could make a difference? Oh thats right America and other countries of the common wealth speak english and pretty much all have the internet! Maybe she is trying to wake us up! No? Your so afraid of being manipulated that you think to much with your head. Balance it with your heart.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you!!!! Let's take her action for what it is.....She is standing up for what is right and with speach! Not with violence! Thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Somebody shoot that kid. She's a menace. Bandana around the head. Yelling at Soldiers. Next she'll be throwing rocks and strapping a bomb to her chest. This sort of behaviour starts young.

But yes .. It's totally staged.
edit on 19-7-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

Yes it is staged, you can tell because of what she is wearing. Her parents and the rest of the people who live there have been staging protests like this for decades. You see, those soldiers are not wanted by the people who live there. You can do some reading on the subject and come back and post something that sounds educated.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You guys are funny.

Do you not recognize a parrot when you see one?

This child hasn't even reached the age of reason.
edit on 7/19/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

So an event like that is not staged equals to what for you?

she still did what she did....Without weapons except a silent witness (camera).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i wonder why ATS use "deny ignorance" as a motto, when people cant even see its blatantly staged !!!
Seriously peeps, cant you see it ?

"omg she is so courageous"
How convenient;right in time ,the medias are around , wonderful timing

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
reply to post by earthdude

So an event like that is not staged equals to what for you?

she still did what she did....Without weapons except a silent witness (camera).

I just find it funny that people here are debating the fact that Palestinians protest. These people think that is what children wear everyday in Palestine. They wear the same clothes as Americans. They have washing machines. It makes no difference if this video was staged or not. The point is, Palestine will live long. Israel is her school (and home) bully. She is taking a stand, but encouraged by her parents.
edit on 19-7-2012 by earthdude because: i deleted and e that messed up a work ruining my intention.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just don't understand. Why does it make any difference how much she rehearsed? Why would a spontaneous outburst be more important? I think she said her lines well. I don't think it is a very effective propaganda tool, just an interesting one. Just like Israelis, children are taught angry political views at very young ages.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That little girl went to speak with soldiers. Grown men with guns and probably a family. You must see the effectiveness and the intention she carries with her actions. Do you?

I don't understand how a little girl calling out on military goons a propaganda tool? For whom???? For what????

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Yes, we know it was propaganda. She knows. Her parents know. Propaganda is often embraced.
" Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of
a community toward some cause or position. "
It gets a negative rap.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

I like your answers. You show heart where many prefer to show cynicism.

In my line of work I truly know cynicism. Of ourse the whole thing is staged like some say here. Perhaps by her father or big brother or someone she trusts. But notice a few things; She has no script, she seems to speak from her heart with great anger and yet great curiousity. A shot in the background, probably from one of the isaelis or they would take cover doesnt stop her 6 year old rage. It is a child that has probably suffered much and will suffer much.

The main thing I am interested in, is to hear what she is saying. Is anyone here capable of filtering the background noise from the vehicles and repost the video?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join