It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were approached to become a MIB would you do it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You're approached to be recruited as a prospective Men (or woman) in Black. Your offered a annual salary of 120,000. A company car, access to aliens, and alien space craft. You're shown and introduced to the grays. But most of the time your job will involve investigating, and erasing memories, and subverting the very people, and groups you use to be part of, the disclosure movement, and ufologiest. This would also in some cases involve black bagging these people. (making them disappear to a re-education camp).

Also if you rejected the job you are told that you will have your memory of this job offer erased and that you'll have to serve a year in jail as they want to be sure that all the memories got erased. They would tell you that you were sent to jail for being a public nusense.

Would you take the job or not?

edit on 19-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There is an argument that the MIB aren't even human!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I dont see why not? im sure with they pick their recruiters carefully or in a way that they know you will work

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
HELL YES I WOULD. RECRUIT ME, PLEASE!
Seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh yes, there would be no denying it. And thanks to the gentle persuasion of the music video? Yeah, you can count me in. (Plays-music)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The money sounds good but what about other perks? what kind of PTO system would they use (alotted or acrued)? Whats the health benefits like, any of that yearly max crap on the dental and vision or would perscription sunglasses be covered? What holidays do they honor, I assume they would give you the standard govt recognized holidays off. Also fringe benefits like discounts with Oakley, Rayban or Armani? Also what would the retirement options look like, 401k and all that good stuff. If the answers to those questions was right sure I would take the job lol, would beat being stuck in a windowless box for 40 hours a week

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

YOUR AN UNCLE TOM, A SELL OUT! YOU SOLD OUT YOUR VERY OWN PEOPLE!!!

lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Haha maybe they have already asked you but you dont remember

Btw love that song

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

If I get to keep my current family and work a cover job like the CIA offers, then I'm down for it definitely! If they make me cut ties with all the people I know, and I cease to be GRA, and I am just G, then no way. I don't care about the black-bagging and deception, I can deal with that, and I'd love the insider knowledge and adventure, but I'm not giving up my loved ones. I'm also not going to jail for a year just because they accidentally approached me, so if that is the offer they make, then the aliens will be the least of their immediate worries.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by trollz

YOUR AN UNCLE TOM, A SELL OUT! YOU SOLD OUT YOUR VERY OWN PEOPLE!!!

lol

I don't care about humanity. I'll work for the greys for free ffs. Hell, I'd sell out humanity simply to SEE one face to face. But get paid to work for them, maybe even live in some underground base? Yes please.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes, I'd take the job.

Yes, I'd take the job, especially considering that most UFO sightings and reports are misidentification of quite ordinary phenomenon, so, I'd never have to lie.
Even in cases where something extraordinary was witnessed, I wouldn't have to lie, because memory erasure would ameliorate the whole issue whereby a harmless suggestion is implanted.

Yes, I take the job, because the pay is decent, as well as the benefits.

Yes, I'd take the job, because then I get to meet lots of different alien races, if there are indeed lots of different races.

Yes, I'd take the job, because the consequences of refusing are detrimental, scary, and horribly inconvenient as opposed to the salary, and benefits I'd get by accepting.

Who would not take this job?

The decision would be much more difficult if it was between two different benefits, like; meet aliens and have a good salary vs. get small portion of memory wiped, never ever know about aliens, but walk away with $300million.
That's a much more difficult choice.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The decision would be much more difficult if it was between two different benefits, like; meet aliens and have a good salary vs. get small portion of memory wiped, never ever know about aliens, but walk away with $300million.

$300M? ? ? For that price I'll let an alien impregnate me, raise the offspring as my own, and feed it my pet dog!!

If the choice is MIB with decent salary or $300,000 and memory wipe, then I'm still taking the lump sum and saying adios!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

yes....without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I'd do that in heartbeat.

I woulnt' even try to disclose anything, I would turn into a government shilll SO damn fast.

I have no integrity when it comes to the potential option of knowing more about our galaxy and it's inhabitants.

Sorry humans, but I'd be gone..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Absolutely not.
I'd have to cut my hair.

Joking aside, this is an interesting question.
On one hand, access to all the information would probably be worth it, but I simply would not be able to "subvert" innocent people and punish them for curiosity and interest, It would go against everything I believe in, from the suppression of information to "just following orders" for the sake of following orders.

So I think I'd have to stick with my original answer of No.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by r2d246

If I get to keep my current family and work a cover job like the CIA offers, then I'm down for it definitely! If they make me cut ties with all the people I know, and I cease to be GRA, and I am just G, then no way. I don't care about the black-bagging and deception, I can deal with that, and I'd love the insider knowledge and adventure, but I'm not giving up my loved ones. I'm also not going to jail for a year just because they accidentally approached me, so if that is the offer they make, then the aliens will be the least of their immediate worries.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly my answer ...But I wouldn't mind if my name was a letter (T
) while I am on duty!!!!!! But i seriously doubt that this perspective would be accepted in that kind of organization though....if they exist that is (I think its possible but I never seen them around so far).

MAN that song brings back souvenirs!! :

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

$300M? ? ? For that price I'll let an alien impregnate me, raise the offspring as my own, and feed it my pet dog!!

If the choice is MIB with decent salary or $300,000 and memory wipe, then I'm still taking the lump sum and saying adios!

Seriously funny. :-)

I need to stop reading this site while eating...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yes. Of course i would.

If its legit and the goals are above board it would be an honour.

If the goals are nefarious you can do more damage on the inside.

Theres no downside when compared to ignorance and jail.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Now that you mention the 300K.....I would have to think about it for a while.....but then again, that would be what...less than 3 years salary....THAT would be the harder choice.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

You didn't need to add that last part, I don't respond well to threats.

Well, in all honesty, I probably would take the job.
Pay's good, chance to learn things no one knows,
interesting line of work, constant cognitive stimulation,
never a dull day in that field. Yea, I'd take the job.

You forgot the gag order.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join