It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were approached to become a MIB would you do it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No, not really. You'd be kissing your privacy goodbye. Not that the gov'ment isn't already all up in your beezwacks but, you'd be under the microscope for the rest of your natural life. No thank you. I do too many questionable things to want that :-P

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You do not need to be MiB to kiss your privacy goodbye. I know it because I know a person who is to get involved in such agency of national security and I myself was about to do something like that - the more secret information you get involved in, the more studied you are, they probably follow your every move. And this is just to deal with highly classified documents, not necessarily aliens or UFOs, that's how it works

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

True.

For a basic CIA, FBI, or SS job, you undergo several lie detector tests, your family, friends, neighbors, past teachers, and past employers are all interviewed on your behalf. Your entire criminal history, including the sealed juvenile records are pulled. Your health records are reviewed. Your credit and insurance reporting bureaus are reviewed.

I have been that far in the interview process, and I didn't get hired. I don't know what happens if you DO get hired, but I'm sure it gets even more intrusive.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Join the ranks of beings that if they exist are probably imprisoning us all? No thanks. And almost any of you saying yes would regret it big time if you really did it. Can you imagine what they deal with, who they work for? No way.

I'm not just saying it to be sensationalist, but most of us wouldn't be able to handle what they do. They'll be very highly trained and with a lot of previous work that qualifies them to do that type of job.
edit on 19-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Join the ranks of beings that if they exist are probably imprisoning us all? No thanks. And almost any of you saying yes would regret it big time if you really did it. Can you imagine what they deal with, who they work for? No way.

But with more knowledge and more access, maybe you could change things?

There is no need to ever regret a noble deed, even if you fail.

James F. Bymes: “Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death.”

Elie Wiesel: “The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”

Either you would find out they really are benevolent, and you would help them to protect mankind, or you would find out they are evil, and you could use your insider status to thwart them, or at least leak some details that might help mankind become free.

That's why I am able to do the job I do. I do good deeds when I can, and I stand up for what I believe when I can, and I use the knowledge to educate those around me when I can. And one of these days I may use the entire experience to run for an office where I can actually change things.

Quotes
edit on 19-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But to get on the inside and then try to out them, go against them, you're probably putting your whole family at risk. I think a possible reason the cover up, if true, has existed for so long is because they threaten to kill their families if they speak or move against them. That would explain why even on their death beds many have kept silent.

Just a guess, but it could explain why we still have so little good evidence to work with.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

YES!!!!!!

Especially if I got to do the dance and work with Will Smith. Man, that guy is cool.

No, seriously though, the way my job prospects are looking at the moment, hit me up. I can do a CV. Not much experience with aliens, but spend an hour in a room with my family and I guarantee you I can handle anything you have to throw at me. Including things that are slimy. Or fly. But not spiders. I can't deal with those guys. Alive or dead. It doesn't matter, they're horrible.

I'm getting distracted here. The answer was a resounding yes. It'd be cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

What if all aliens are spiders?

Some REALLY large, and some so small as to be incomprensible, and they tag along on your clothes and you never realize it?

I HATE spiders too! I'd rather find a bear in my kitchen than a spider.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I know I sound like a fearmonger. I'm just trying to work out why things have been kept so quiet over the years and that's the best explanation I ever come up with.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Didn't know they interview people you know as well, it;s possible for CIA/FBI. I think reaching the highly classified stuff is a long a way to go, although some people are said to get that by invitation and are immediately introduced to things they never imagined.

There, where I am, there are barely any UFO cases and I doubt anyone cares to keep anything about that. I personally do not hide that I intend to deal with 'security in the air and in the orbit' to sound more sane than 'UFOs and aliens' but yes, I am not sure if they check your websites, the web addresses you visit - well of course they do..

Heck if I get involved as at this time I am not sure - I like staying behind the curtains and such actions do not appeal to me at all, but if I did, I am sure they would see I visit this site and what I post about it here
edit on 19-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There's only one scenario where I think it'd work out, and that's if the MIB's were working for an Alien race intending to enslave us and you joined them, but it turned out you were a sleeper agent for another set of Aliens working for us. Otherwise it just sounds like walking into hell really....

But there's always the chance things aren't as doom and gloom as they really seem.

Or if they were erasing people minds and doing all the stuff they do because they really had our best interests at heart. If they were preparing us for disclosure but it all had to be timed properly, and the people they visited were going to spill the beans before the population was ready, then yeah, I'd join them right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Let's see....
1)Black clothes-----check
2)black sunglasses----check
3)intimidating look----check
4)Elvis music-----check

I'm ready

Can i have the flashy thingy now?

Seriously they wouldn't have to ask.i would say yes in a heartbeat.Having all the information about alien activity,first hand and without the disappointment of the thousand youtube videos,it's priceless.I'll even do it for free.
Can i choose Tommy Lee Jones as a partner?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Most definitely if I were single with no kids. That would be quite the job to have, just think never a dull moment.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've always believed the Men in Black were really just Federal agents, mostly likely Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and/or Defense Intelligence Agency; maybe even FBI. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm sure each of these federal agencies have branches of cadres with no name tags, no "official" W-2, etc, etc. Probably started showing up during clandestine projects involving the U-2 and SR-71.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Druscilla, glad to see you're being so honest about wanting to be a government shill.

On a serious note, the main pilot witness in this radar/visual UFO incident claims he had his family's life threatened by four tall, pale 'Scandinavian' looking men who spoke in a mechanical tone and drove a black Limousine and wore black suits - could you really threaten the life of a person's family just for money?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

could you really threaten the life of a person's family just for money?

Yes.

But more importantly, why are there not 4 pale, mechanical Scandinavian fellows fertilizing his garden? If someone threatened the life of my family, I would not allow them to leave and get the element of surprise at some other time. I would drop them on the spot and dispose of the evidence. That is how threats work. If someone makes a threat that is believable, then you MUST end the threat, and you would be justified in doing so. If the threat is not believable, then you laugh them off your porch and tell the press.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
well.... if I did, I'd have to find something to do in my spare time...

Maybe I'd join ATS and pretend to be a cartoon purple chicken or something, that wouldn't draw much attention and I'd be able to interact and have fun during my "down time"... that would be cool..

oh wait!!!! ....

...ummmmm
....disregard what I just said!!

ok...look at this little red dot ::puttin on my shades::

What were we talking about again?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I absolutely would! If you disagree with something it's easier to change it from the inside.

...In saying that we don't ACTUALLY know if we disagree with them....or that they exist for that matter

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would and I would do it well. You'd never hear from me again.

The reason such an organization cannot exist in co-existance with a knowing public is because it lends legitimacy to the idea that aliens exist, or that they could be among us. Kind of crazy how we have movies that portray it in such a way as to make it seem almost real. ... ........... ..

You'd have to wonder how many people are ACTUALLY tasked with neutralizing enemy alien spy actions on Earth..
I imagine aliens would only send spies, if anything..therefore MIB would be some kind of Alien counter-intelligence agency lol.. or maybe aliens send surrogates, lifelike bio-drones etc.. and they just hunt those out.

okay enough ATS for now lol..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Nah, we just wipe your memory and you forget all about it .....

...... ummmm I mean...

.....yeah, what you said.... that's exactly right!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join