It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do alot of celebrities and players do "satanic" hand signs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

Why ARE celebs doing it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
cos they worship the devil and/or are masons or members of elite clubs
and it's just a heads up to there friends who are also "in the know" saying hey i'm in the club too!
it is THAT simple.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Must be absolutely dreadful the need to belong to groups trends clubs or something larger than yourself.

Nailed it on the head.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

I suppose it is that simple
edit on 18-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
reply to post by alittleironic

Why ARE celebs doing it?

I like aurorastealth's explanation the best.. Either that, or it's just super trendy.
Maybe someone should ask them.
edit on 18-7-2012 by alittleironic because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is a good read.

The "Sign of the Horns" actually has less to do with Satanism than it does several other explanations.

READ

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Interesting read thanks

So basically we can't know for sure as to why they do it.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
First photo is of a University of Texas official or fan (note the ESPN announcer next to him) - that is the "Longhorn Salute", and has no Satanic meaning, even if it may be exactly the same as "Throwin' The Horns".

The third picture, with Liz Taylor, is the sign for "I Love You".

edit on 18-7-2012 by Zhenyghi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My kids were doing it from age 2 or 3, and I don't do it. I think they learned it from SpongeBob. I don't care, because I know Satan isn't real anyway, LOL!

The Bush one was definitely a University of Texas event. It is "Gig 'em Horns." There are some other Hoax videos where a funeral was being held at the Univ of Texas for an alumnus and the U of T band was playing. I think it was the Lady Bird Johnson funeral.

The reason other folks do it is probably the same reason my little kids do it. They've seen it somewhere and thought it was cool looking.

Rock On!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

What's the explanation for the others?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

It is called the The Mano Cornuto. It is a sign of solidarity and power of rulership (Roman / Babel / Material Temple) for those who mistakenly buy into the delusion that the spirit they listen to is truthful. Know them by their fruit. Those who use the sign are either mistakenly thinking they are saying I Love You or they are showing their allegiance to the hidden hand (Beloved). Remember Napoleon and the hand in the jacket? There are two spirits at work in this world and we choose the one we see by the reflection of our own desires and actions. Jesus referred to these as His Father and the "your father satan." 1 Corinthians outlines the two spirits, one of God and one of the world.

The heart reveals the father or the Father and the sheep are separated from the goats when the restrainer is removed. Rumi puts it well in Story XII, The Visions seen by the Saint Daquqi. He notes that a person can see the reflection of the moon in a well and mistakenly praise the reflection instead of the moon reflecting the light of the sun. They praise the material and miss the source of the light. A reflection is just as real as the thing being reflected, yet opposite of what it reflects.

As Rumi points out, the light is not what is seen. The light only reveals what was there. Those who are clinging to the false notion that they have seen the light are only showing what the light reveals. It's a process of separating the light from the darkness, only the darkness has no understanding of what they are seeing. In the end, they have not received the love of truth, but embrace the lie.

2 Thessalonians 2

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

edit on 18-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Here is another bit from Rumi.

"The hands and feet of criminals betray
their crimes even in the world.
Had he not done so, God would have kept it hidden.
Criminals and sinners, even in the course of sinning,
Themselves rend the coverings of their crimes,
Their sins are veiled among the heart's secrets,
Yet the criminal himself exposes them to view,
Saying, "Behold me wearing a pair of horns,
A cow of hell in sight of all men."

Not that everyone who shows the sign know what it stands for, but the connecting point is seen in the heart of the person. Know them by their fruit. In politics and entertainment, the sign seems to be a hidden and unified symbol. It's the heart that matters and not the outer man in the end.

edit on 18-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
this thread is hilarious... lmao...

FYI

I Love You

OK (not 666)

The "sign of the horns" is an ancient signed used to warn off bad spirits...
It was introduced into rock culture in 1969 by a band named coven...

Here is that album cover

I am pretty sure that when you see the bushes doing it, ITS ALL ABOUT THE LONGHORNS.. Texas is all about football.. you support the team, you get the votes. its that easy with alot of them folks...

When you see prince william doing it, I bet he is trying to say rock on and look cool...

I do not endorse the above information...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's "Hook 'Em Horns" and "Gig 'Em Aggies"...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The basketball players do the "OK" sign after they make a 3 point shot. 3 fingers. The triangle I remember a WCW wrestler named Diamond Dallas Page used to do this triangle before doing his finishing move, the Diamond Cutter. Then Jay-Z for whatever reasons started using the triangle sign, Diamond Dallas Page tried suing him to stop doing the hand sign, but I believe it was dismissed. So I belive Jay Z is one of the people who made it "cool" to do the stupid sign.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A lot of people grow older but never really grow up. They actually let there ego run there whole lives. Never truely living free of the egoic mind. Always showing off trying to act cool. It's so sad

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can't watch the videos at the moment,i will later,but let me give a little background story from a man that actually made the sign a trend.

Metal-Rules.com – "I want to ask you about something people have asked you about before but will no doubt continue to talk about, and that is the sign created by raising your index and little finger. Some call it the "evil eye." I would like to know if you were the first one to introduce this to the metal world and what this symbol represents to you?"
R.J. Dio – "I doubt very much if I would be the first one who ever did that. That's like saying I invented the wheel, I'm sure someone did that at some other point. I think you'd have to say that I made it fashionable. I used it so much and all the time and it had become my trademark until the Britney Spears audience decided to do it as well. So it kind of lost its meaning with that. But it was...I was in Sabbath at the time. It was symbol that I thought was reflective of what that band was supposed to be all about. It's NOT the devil's sign like we're here with the devil. It's an Italian thing I got from my Grandmother called the "Malocchio". It's to ward off the Evil Eye or to give the Evil Eye, depending on which way you do it. It's just a symbol but it had magical incantations and attitudes to it and I felt it worked very well with Sabbath. So I became very noted for it and then everybody else started to pick up on it and away it went. But I would never say I take credit for being the first to do it. I say because I did it so much that it became the symbol of rock and roll of some kind."

en.wikipedia.org...
Some might use it as a satanic gesture,but the truth is they propably send the evil spirits away with it

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's "Hook 'Em Horns" and "Gig 'Em Aggies"...

Ahhhhhh THANKS! You're right.

Whoops.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Yes! Dio explains it best. (God rest his soul)

In a time when you could crank it up and piss off your parents by listening to that "devil music".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join