It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei's blog on the BSA reaffirmation of the ban on LGBT Scouts & Leaders

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Not thinking that a private club should change their standards to pander to a minority does not equal hatred. Most parents of girl scout troops would not feel comfortable sending their girls out to camp with boys, men or lesbians. Most parents of boy scouts would not feel comfortable sending their boys out to camp with girls, women or gay people. That's reality, and I can understand that. Most parents still feel it's not proper to leave their kids with male babysitters, especially if there are daughters involved. Yeah, sexist, but that is reality.

If it was not reality, then there would be such an outcry from their members, that the upper management would have no choice but to change the policy, or lose a majority of the membership.
edit on Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:27:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by r2d246

Better yet. Send your boy to football camp.

He can just as easily be molested there.

I can attest to this. I refused to shower with the other boys when i was on the highschool football team, so they all made fun of me. They asked me why i didn't want to shower with them, and i replied "because i'm not a godamned f****t", and then i had 20 naked boys trying to kill me. It was great being 17. Years later i found out that most of them really were gay, explains the violent reaction they had.
edit on 21-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why be a Boy Scout - - when you can be a cadet in Civil Air Patrol. CAP is much more relevant today anyway.

CAP is playing a major roll in home land security.

CAP doesn't represent America with a 3 finger salute.

CAP allows gays, girls, boys and atheists.

Equality in that everyone wears the same full uniform.

Civil Air Patrol is the Air Force Auxilary and what are boy scouts?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You are seriously misinformed. There are no Christian Churches that teach the Bible as Gods word that think homosexuality is right. There are a few that have perverted the Bible over the past few years and made their own misguided religion under the guise of Christianity but I assure you they are not legitimate followers of Christ. It is an oxymoron to suggest such.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You do have a choice about homosexuality. Noone puts a gun to and homosexuals head and forces them to live outside the norm of decent society. They are not born that way. They choose to.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And misguided "I have to accept everything about everyone" is tought by misguided people. This is why our world is falling apart at the seems because we don't teach responsibility anymore. You people want to teach your children that they can do anything they want to in life and there is no consequence for their actions. So now our children are growing up and starting to run things and the things that were considered wrong are now just an alternate lifestyle or there is some syndrome to explain away things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Annee

And misguided "I have to accept everything about everyone" is tought by misguided people. This is why our world is falling apart at the seems because we don't teach responsibility anymore. You people want to teach your children that they can do anything they want to in life and there is no consequence for their actions. So now our children are growing up and starting to run things and the things that were considered wrong are now just an alternate lifestyle or there is some syndrome to explain away things.

What BS.

Without god - - there are no excuses. Personal responsibility is all you have.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by nixie_nox

You do have a choice about homosexuality. Noone puts a gun to and homosexuals head and forces them to live outside the norm of decent society. They are not born that way. They choose to.

NO they don't.

It is how their body is wired. How God made it.

It is NOT choice.

Just keep your nose in an ancient book - - - and deny the truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why would God make them that way and then call them an abomination? He would not is the correct answer. Homosexuals are people giving in to sin, plain and simple. The same as prostitutes, pedophiles, adulterers, liars, and all other sinners. Problem lies with the fact that homosexuals go to the outer limits to defend their sins instead of repenting and walking away from them. They choose their lifestyle, that is to live unnaturally and outside of God.
Gos Loves everyone, but that most certainly does not mean everyone is going to Heaven. There are punishments for sin. Why do you think STDs are so rampant? Sexual promiscuity, particularly in part by homosexuals. Say what you will but homosexuals are almost solely responsible for the AIDS epidemic.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Why would God make them that way and then call them an abomination?

God did not call them an abomination. Man wrote the bible. Jesus never said anything about it.

There are many translations of these passages. The ones I've read from true scholars of the language and times have a completely different explanation.

As others have stated - - - it was about hospitality - - and had nothing to do with sex (at least not until man twisted it). And why does man manipulate meanings? Power and control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homosexuality is not a choice. It is how the "soup was stirred" in that particular body.

Same thing why some people have red hair or are left handed. The human body is extremely complex and comes in many variations.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Say what you will but homosexuals are almost solely responsible for the AIDS epidemic.

That is completely 100% false.

You really need to get away from the god books and educate yourself with factual material.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So you believe in God, but not his word, not his book? Jesus did speak against it,,, I will post it again for those of you who cannot or will not read,,,,
6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mark 10:6-9
Jesus did speak against it. He did not say cleave unto his life partner, he clearly says WIFE!!!! What part of that do you not understand? No Christian that teaches the Bible will ever explain anything else. If a Christian teaches homoness is fine in God's eyes then he is a false teacher and full of satan.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So you believe in God, but not his word, not his book? .

The bible was written by man - translated by man - interpreted by man.

I was raised Christian - - - in a 60 year search for truth - - - truth was revealed by real and educated scholars.

I no longer believe the myth of Christianity. Jesus? Well - there are real historical records of who is believed to be the man Jesus of the bible. But you won't like or accept the real facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You need the education. Google AIDS, any unbiased site will tell you the same as I posted. In the early days of AIDS it was calledGay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome (GRIDS).Of course a pro-homosexual site will say something to the contrary but facts are facts.

www.educationnews.org...
www.articlesbase.com...
www.frc.org...
healthmad.com...
www.thebody.com...
www.cdc.gov...
phys.org...

Anywhere you actually look you will see.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What makes the misguided "scholars" you refer too any more credible than anyone else? Because they say you can sin all you want. WHATEVA!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You need the education. Google AIDS, any unbiased site will tell you the same as I posted.

I've been following gay rights and all related stuff for 20+ years.

I worked at a company where I was the minority being straight. A wonderful friend and co-worker died of AIDS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you can GOOGLE sites that agree with you - - - and be more knowledgeable on the subject then me?

Read this - then talk to me: The Epidemic: A Global History of AIDS by Jonathan Engel

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What makes the misguided "scholars" you refer too any more credible than anyone else? Because they say you can sin all you want. WHATEVA!!!

You believe a myth.

I believe truth and historical fact.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There is ALWAYS a virus. Viruses are alive and trying to stay alive - - just like every living thing.

Not only are viruses transmitted by various means (AIDS originated from eating the meat of infected monkey in Africa). They mutate.

Polio is a virus. My mom was stricken in the 51 epidemic. Maybe she caught it from doing something "evil".

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Prove that I believe in a myth. Prove that what you believe is fact. You are fighting a losing battle on this one. I cannot prove God or Jesus' existence any more than you can disprove them. If you believe you can then you are very much dillussional. Billions believe in Christianity, about a third of the population of the entire planet. Billions do not believe. Who is right? Right now it's a matter of belief and faith. However that is not the subject of this thread.
I will recap, BSA is a private Christian group. If homosexuals insist on forcing their way into a private organization that does not want them then they are trampling all over the rights of everyone in BSA. They can form their own group. Again, I assure you that after our meetings lately homosexuals will be in BSA by themselves if they succeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Prove that I believe in a myth. Prove that what you believe is fact.

Fact proves itself.

"Faith Based" - - self explanatory.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join