It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei's blog on the BSA reaffirmation of the ban on LGBT Scouts & Leaders

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And what facts do you have concerning the Bible and God? Please enlighten us.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Now that is what I like to see. Promote groups you feel are better

Not sure why you are bothering with that "christian", probably have better luck conversing with a tree

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Annee

And what facts do you have concerning the Bible and God? Please enlighten us.

I never said anything about God facts. Who we are - what we are - how we came to be - - - is a mystery.

NO ONE KNOWS.

I said there was a real man that is believed to be the Jesus of the bible. The facts and myth do not match up.

There are facts in the bible - - but the bible is not fact. And it was written by men - - translated by men - - interpreted by men.

See if you can keep that all straight.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Now that is what I like to see. Promote groups you feel are better

Not sure why you are bothering with that "christian", probably have better luck conversing with a tree

Truth tends to create tiny fissures that get bigger.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why don't you converse with this Christian then? Offer is open anytime. Tell us oh supportive one, what are your thoughts on this queary? I would love to read them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Because I don't like people like you? If you want to know my opinion on the topic, then read the thread. I have left a few comments.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

See if you can keep this straight. I challenge you to prove that Jesus was not who he said he was.
I think things are finally adding up. You are a woman and don't believe things written by men. HHHMMM, odd stuff.
Men wrote science books. Men wrote about the ridiculousness that is evolution. Men write about things in space all the time, things they can't possibly know about. Yet you can believe these men, why not the Bible? Does it offend you so?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

And you know me enough to determine that you do not like me? Now that hurts my feelings. Tell me, is it my name that offends you or the fact that I have spoken nothing but logical ideals that happen to coincide with the Bible? Whether or not you like me or not is the very least of my concerns in this world. However, the bain of society which is homosexuality trying to infiltrate my world and life at every turn is very much a concern. This thread has really opened my eyes to the blind ignorrance of the secular world and the Godless heathans that are trying to convert the world to their perverse ideologies.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I challenge you to prove that Jesus was not who he said he was.

Feel free to go argue it with this poster: Sigismundus

Here's a thread: The True Name Of GOD www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be sure to report back.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You are a woman and don't believe things written by men. HHHMMM, odd stuff.

WHAT !?!???!!!???

Are you stupid?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I challenged you to . Don't back down now

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm just going by your posts, you put emphasys on written by men. If you are going to resort to calling me stupid then we are done and you will be blocked as well as reported. We can debate all day but when your defense of this perverse life choice turns you to calling people stupid it's time to end the debate. The hatred coming from the homosexuals and the homosexual sympathisers is getting way out of hand. This whole "agree with me or you hate me and are my enemy is ridiculous" There is no point debating with you hate filled people because it just oozes out of every post you place.
I'm out.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I challenged you to . Don't back down now

I stated I searched for truth and found it. I never claimed to be an expert.

You feel up to a challenge - - you go talk to Sigismundus.

Or is that too risky?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm just going by your posts, you put emphasys on written by men.

Then there comes a point where responding would be stupid.

Now at that point.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm just going by your posts, you put emphasys on written by men. If you are going to resort to calling me stupid then we are done and you will be blocked as well as reported. We can debate all day but when your defense of this perverse life choice turns you to calling people stupid it's time to end the debate. The hatred coming from the homosexuals and the homosexual sympathisers is getting way out of hand. This whole "agree with me or you hate me and are my enemy is ridiculous" There is no point debating with you hate filled people because it just oozes out of every post you place.
I'm out.....

The only hatred I've seen come from anyone on this thread has been from you. You have attacked Annee at every turn with every twisted, altered view of God's word that you could possibly come up with just like your handlers trained you to do. You follow MEN, not God. God would never condone nor endorse the nastiness and filth that comes from your mouth or your "pastor's" pulpit.

Remove that plank from your own eye before worrying about the speck in the eye of another. God couldn't care less about homosexuality. In fact, there are 6 so-called "admonishments" that could be twisted to be toward homosexuals in the Bible, there are 343 toward heterosexuals. That doesn't mean God doesn't love heterosexuals, they just need more supervision.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

See if you can keep this straight. I challenge you to prove that Jesus was not who he said he was.
I think things are finally adding up. You are a woman and don't believe things written by men. HHHMMM, odd stuff.
Men wrote science books. Men wrote about the ridiculousness that is evolution. Men write about things in space all the time, things they can't possibly know about. Yet you can believe these men, why not the Bible? Does it offend you so?

I fully believe Jesus Christ was who he said he was. However, I don't believe he is who the fundamentalist evangelicals CLAIM the Bible says he is. There is a very, VERY big difference.

The Bible is a great piece of literature and deals with man's "interaction with" and understanding of God, but it was not breathed by the mouth of God nor was it penned by his hand. It was written by men. It holds some truths and it holds some opinions. That doesn't make it less valuable or less important, but it is VERY important that we understand what it is and where it came from.

The

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

REMINDER!!!

Please discuss the topic and not each other.
No name calling, snide remarks or bickering.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Should it continue, posts will start to be removed.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just wanna say I find it funny that as soon as a mod comes they are all afraid to post lol

but I said it before, the amount of Bigotry in this Thread, is TOO DAMN HIGH.

Also Christian Voice, you do not represent the views of all Christians. Not at all.
edit on 7/23/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Membership in BSA - - has been in steady decline.

They no longer receive funding/support from any government sponsored organization because of their discriminatory stance on: gays - atheists - and sometimes unacceptable religious beliefs. Although there are Jewish Boy Scouts and Muslim Boy Scouts is growing.

The Mormons sort of hijacked the BSA years ago - - and are probably its largest supporter/promoter. I don't know if BSA was originally meant to be church based - - but it seems it is today.

As one of their primary functions is to become involved in the community - - - are they becoming obsolete as community/society is changing in its acceptance of gays?

I know that I will not support them in any way - - if they continue as they are.

And I am not the only one.

Major League Soccer will not renew partnership with Boy Scouts of America following 2012 season

This January, Major League Soccer announced it was teaming up with the Boy Scouts of America to form a strategic partnership. It turns out that 2012 will be the only season this alliance will be in effect.

Under the partnership, among other cross-promotions, teams held “Scout Nights” at their stadiums with discounted tickets, and players would visit local troops to discuss fitness and leadership.

Earlier in the week, the Boy Scouts of America announced that following a two-year review, it would continue its long-standing policy of excluding gays.

MLS did not specify if the ruling affected its decision to end the partnership, but it should be noted the league has supported anti-discriminatory causes like You Can Play, an organization dedicated to ending homophobia in sports. sports.yahoo.com...

ALSO: In the community

Miss Piggy, Kermit Dump Chick-fil-A BY Neal Broverman - July 23 2012

After Chick-fil-A's CEO confirmed his opposition to gay rights earlier this month, the repercussions keep coming — the latest is an announcement from The Jim Henson Company that they will no longer provide toys for the chicken chain's meals.

The Jim Henson Company, which controls the popular Muppets characters, is severing ties with Chick-fil-A, specifically for Cathy's comments. The company previously provided “Jim Henson Creature Puppets” for Chick-Fil-A kids’ meals. www.advocate.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

Also Christian Voice, you do not represent the views of all Christians. Not at all.
edit on 7/23/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Yep - I know plenty of TRUE Christians who don't feel the way Christian Voice feels at all. I'm starting to suspect that Christian Voice is part of Westboro Church.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join