It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying To Live a Peaceful, Spiritual, & Happy Life. Any Tips?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello Ats members. I've been trying to live a better life. Not just in materialism like have a better job, house, and have money but a Spiritual too. I've meditated before and tried Astral Projection. I know that there's more to this Life than what our eyes and senses see and feel.

I know that to live Happy in this world, we must feel and show love. For me, Love is the foundation to a better life for humans. We are full of greed and jealousy towards one another and it's very sad. I try to live my life th best way I can. I always think Positive about everything even in down situations. I try to be nice to everyone even though it's very difficult. I know that I still need to learn a lot. I haven't even started half of my life. I'm 18 years old and an ant in this world. I try to learn a lot about any things even if they seem insignificant. I need advice from the ATS members.

I'd ask my parents but they're religious. I'm sure you already have a clue on how that must be. They only talk about God. If I ask them something, they just say God will help you. I know God will help but we have our own will. They make me wonder if religioun is true or a true brainwashing. I know some things about religioun and can defend myself from most things.

Any advice in how to live happy, peaceful, and more Spiritual?
Thanks ATS brothers/sisters.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You want others to be happy? practice compassion

You want to be happy? Practice compassion

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

Do all the research yourself. And yes, to understand the spirit, you must understand its history and our struggle to comprehend it. Know the mistakes we've made, our successes, and where we're going with it, as well as what you feel in your heart.

And if you feel it is right, deep down inside, that is the Source telling you it is. Remember, not everything is comprehensible by the finite mind of Homo Sapiens...but that doesn't make it incorrect. And no matter what, it WILL be logical. Physics, math, everything will corroborate it.

And if there is one thing you must not do, it's debase and demean yourself in veneration. That's really all I have. The rest is completely dependent on your search and yourself.

Have a productive journey. Hopefully, you'll find the light. And remember: always do your research. ALWAYS.

link   

Avoid vexatious people, minimise materialism in your life, find pleasure in the simple things in life, don' t idolise money, or want what other people have, and the grass is never greener !

Just some thoughts that came to me, ExploitedAliens...and not a comprehensive list....above all, be happy.

P.s. Add to that list getting rid of your T.V ! Take pleasure in the natural world, enjoy the seasons...These things have all made me a happier person, though I'm not advocating it for everybody else...each to their own in these matters...

link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Compassion without wisdom is a dangerous thing, so it is wise to take care when showing such.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dont care about money
Dont care about material possessions
Don't care about what other people think of you.
Be a good person
Do nice things without expecting anything in return
Help people when you can.

Above all else. Do not surround yourself with a bunch of half-wits that only care about sex,money,materialism, etc. Value your real friendships with everything you have.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It is a long journey, this thing called life, just live it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens

The best thing you can do is follow the GOLDEN RULE. Following this rule will cause you to interact with others well and cause you to treat the planet you exist upon with a extra level of respect. Doing these 2 things WILL help you to find your path of LIGHT*

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

You pretty much just told this guy to reject all forms of societal standard. Good job.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Im not religious personally... but Jesus was THE MAN...

Heres a tip from him...

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Lovely thread thanks to add though and answer your question,

The answer is in the Threed Title, Its the First word in the title! The first word you wrote.

Stop Trying star Being,

Be Peaceful, Be Spiritual, Be Happy,

Fake it, to yourself to if you have to, till you make it if you have to. So it becomes habit, the first word you wright, or that pops into your mind, or others think of you...

Just be it feel it, do it you are there already then.

Love

Elf.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
Hello Ats members. I've been trying to live a better life. Not just in materialism like have a better job, house, and have money but a Spiritual too. I've meditated before and tried Astral Projection. I know that there's more to this Life than what our eyes and senses see and feel.

I know that to live Happy in this world, we must feel and show love. For me, Love is the foundation to a better life for humans. We are full of greed and jealousy towards one another and it's very sad. I try to live my life th best way I can. I always think Positive about everything even in down situations. I try to be nice to everyone even though it's very difficult. I know that I still need to learn a lot. I haven't even started half of my life. I'm 18 years old and an ant in this world. I try to learn a lot about any things even if they seem insignificant. I need advice from the ATS members.

I'd ask my parents but they're religious. I'm sure you already have a clue on how that must be. They only talk about God. If I ask them something, they just say God will help you. I know God will help but we have our own will. They make me wonder if religioun is true or a true brainwashing. I know some things about religioun and can defend myself from most things.

only one way really, love,help and care for other people all you can and you will find it always comes back to fill your heart with what you seek.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by AzureSky

You pretty much just told this guy to reject all forms of societal standard. Good job.

Pretty much how it goes.
If you want to be happy then step out of the system. Play along in the system. But your mind does not have to take part.

Societal norms are for the weak minded and ignorant who feel as if everyone should be the same.

I was completely stressed constantly for a long time.
Then i just started to -not care- about things that don't matter. Like money. Money is the biggest stress in the world for most people. As in, not having enough of it. Its highly stressful. so just stop caring about it. Pay your bills, if theres a bill that can't be paid. # it. They'll get it next pay. I also started smoking.. uh. Green smokes when i was 20. Seems like most of these changes started taking place after that point.

Im a big guy, so i was always concerned with my looks and weight. And when i dropped highschool i started to work and then waited to go to college when i was 21 (couldn't handle highschool). I just stopped caring about what people thought of me..

"I dont like fat people"|
"Well i don't like fake people, whats your point?"
*silence*

edit on 18/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So freakin' complicated, it's hard to even talk about.

This thread is like asking, "What's the meaning to life?" There's no one right answer, and what works for one doesn't work for another.

Gotta do the grunt work yourself, my friend. Can't just copypasta the recipe to spiritual progress. You have to find it for yourself, because spirituality means something different to everyone. Same with life.

You have to find it yourself...we can only give a few tips, but it's your life, your soul. Your path. Gotta read the map yourself.
edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

Too bad his daddy didn't like to follow the rules his son set.

But yeah, Jesus did set a lot of examples in his story. Most of them are pretty good.

Im gonna have to disagree with you there bro...

perhaps you haven't read my thread on the subject...

Jesus vs OT God

"daddy" isn't who you might think... theres only hints of the true God within the OT...

Ask yourself: "What if the roles were reversed? What would I want him to do? How would it affect me?"

No need honestly.... understand the differences between the son and the OT God... and you'll see where im comming from

edit on 18-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Stay off the Internet & TV...buy a cabin in the mountains with lot of land and become self sufficient with food & water supply ...oh..and do not forget to cultivate tonnes of medical marijuana for your personal consumption....

Happiness like life is a journey not a destiny

edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It was a biased post, Akra. Bias is against my informative philosophy. I deleted everything and took a different tack. I would appreciate if you'd adjust your post to reflect my change in post.

Religion has nothing to do with this thread. I'm keeping the trolls out, and my own blah blibbity blah blah I give up. This thread is just...it doesn't have an answer.

It doesn't. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Perhaps instead of adjusting your post... you should adjust your bias?

Need help... im always around

Religion has nothing to do with this thread. I'm keeping the trolls out,

I said specifically im not religious... nor am i a troll...

The mans advice applies universally...

edit on 18-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The best thing I can tell you is this. Don't sweat the small stuff, And its ALL small stuff. Over the last few years that moto has kept me from loosing it. I don't worry at all. I just keep focusing on my main goal and pushing forward. If I have to step back to avoid collisions then I do so and then keep pushing forward. Each step back is a learning experience that helps us along the way. So when you do have to step back use the time to look at the big picture and see where you are at. Never forget the power of intention. If you focus on the fact that your goal will be reached nothing can stop you from reaching it and doors will start opening for you that lead you to reaching that goal. Good luck to you and may you be blessed a thousand times for attempting to be different from the status quo.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I was referring to my own mention of religion. This time, you've misunderstood me. Very thoroughly misunderstood me. And that little jab regarding my bias was an unfair one. I don't appreciate it. Some biases are very fairly grounded, and you know more than anyone else that my bias regarding religious is very justified.

In any case, I've made it clear that I was about to connect two topics that didn't need to be connected. End of story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join