It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying To Live a Peaceful, Spiritual, & Happy Life. Any Tips?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

you are right, every path is unique and it must be walked but sometimes there are help signs...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And that little jab regarding my bias was an unfair one. I don't appreciate it. Some biases are very fairly grounded, and you know more than anyone else that my bias regarding religious is very justified.

my appoligies...

Perhaps you'd like to explain if i've misunderstood...

I tend to pick on people i like...

And don't worry about my jabs... its the right hook you have to worry about

edit on 18-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, I think it's the...erm, 'wrong' hook I need to look out for. Bazinga.

I already explained how you misunderstood. Perhaps you could read my previous post a second time? Apparently the "jab" comment distracted you a little early. Read the rest of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

i've read it over a few times... im sorry but your reply didn't explain much...

I was referring to my own mention of religion. This time, you've misunderstood me. Very thoroughly misunderstood me. And that little jab regarding my bias was an unfair one. I don't appreciate it. Some biases are very fairly grounded, and you know more than anyone else that my bias regarding religious is very justified.

In any case, I've made it clear that I was about to connect two topics that didn't need to be connected. End of story.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Off topic. Move on. You'll have to take it on faith...that's what spirituality is all about, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Its not off topic...

Religion is not the answer... but scripture holds the keys to happyness believe it or not... only IF one knows where to look

Thats why i posted the most important passage in the bible...

edit on 18-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
forums.peerblock.com...

make diligent use of condoms always never slip

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

If you want to be Spiritual, Peaceful, and Happy, practice Affection. Even with those you think you 'hate', focus on their affectionate side, their happy side and you'll influence them more to that than the negative - and this will happen without even speaking to them, but remember ultimately it is their choice if they do become more positive or not.

The more affection you have for the world around you - the more happy you'll be...

Why do you love yourself? Go into details with the positive affectionate details. Why do you love this person and that person? Go into details with the positive statements.

It may not seem like it is doing much, but on the Astral/Spiritual/Mental Realm(s) it is actually making an impact, even here on the physical - you just can't see it, YET.

See all humans as friends and treat all things with affection as living respectable beings. If someone attacks you through criticism for example - just understand that deep down inside their soul is affectionate and that is who they truly are!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

At risk of feeling wrath for not reading through the other posts, here are my 'tips' which I have found useful in these past 26 years.

1. Accept all that you cannot change.
2. Every being, human or not, comes from the same place and space as you, no matter how truly evil they happen to be.
3. When a door shuts, another is open. Accept the good with the bad. I also love the idea of the yin and yang, good with a bit of bad in it, bad with a bit of good in it. Something you want might mean you need to take a different path, accept that.
4. Try to see the beauty and wonder in all that surrounds you, even in a concrete jungle.
5. Follow your heart and soul. And always keep an open mind.
6. Have one 'eccentric' day either once a week or month. Something as little as wearing odd socks for all to see or something as strange as wearing period costume.
7. Be proud of who you are. No, LOVE yourself, for what you may perceive as faults and flaws, these all add up to what makes you, YOU.

I would have more but I need coffee desperately. Peace be with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You are already doing it by simply asking the questions. There is no end point to reach every moment is a new learning and with it comes the opportunity to be a little happier, a little more peaceful and a little more spiritual than the last. My only advice is be in the moment, practice awareness and enjoy being here. Every event is a learning and every person is a reflection of yourself. When you want to grow on the inside look around you, those things you take notice of will be a reflection of your internal focus, weakness and understanding. When you want to grow in understanding of others, look inside yourself for answers.

Events, emotions and experiences happen, there does not always have to be a question of why attached to those events, emotions and experiences... but there will always be growth and learning attached with every twist and turn. Do not search for completion in external things, you are already complete, the life that happens is there to teach you to recognize yourself, your full potential and your completeness. You are an individual raindrop in an ocean of water.... one part of a whole so service to others is also service to yourself and vice versa.

Finally to create change the only requirement is to change...what is in your mind will be your experience.

Much love and light on your journey...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You'll live an happy and peaceful life if you don't seek to please others.

edit on 18-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Beautiful thread ExploitedAliens and of what I would have said has been said already. But here’s a few thoughts which I try and live my life by….

*Live by 'The Golden Rule' - basically love your neighbour as you love yourself. We are all one, what you do to another you do to yourself. But for this very reason don't be afraid to occasionally take care of 'Number One' first. In order to fully love others you must also love yourself. This is a very beautiful thread which may help throw some perspective on these thoughts.

*If you find yourself fretting over something just think 'will I care about this in a year?' If the answer is 'no' then why are you caring about it now? This is great advice on many different levels. When you're an old man/woman how to you want to have lived your life. If you are not living that life right now then start making steps towards it. A year from now you will have wished you'd started today.

*You get what you expect, including what you fear. Therefore fear nothing for ultimately it is all 'you' anyway. And expect the best. Don't wish for it, know it. But at the same time concern yourself too much about the outcome for this throws in the element of 'want', and when you want something you are telling the universe (your higher self) you don't have it, and the universe will respond accordingly. It is a tricky frame of mind to hold but when you realise you are in complete control of your own destiny yet as a spiritual being everything you require is already within you it will begin to come quite naturally.

*Be here now. The past has already happened, the future will never come. All you will ever have is the 'now'. Know this, understand this, and take some time to go smell the roses

*Understand that everything is meant to be exactly as it is right at this very moment. Time and Space are merely illusions to make you believe that everything that has, is or will ever happened hasn't already happened. They are processes of the Source in order to facilitate its experience of being itself. But everything has already happened and you are merely one of many awareness's of the one great consciousness upon an illusory timeline. You are in fact God, experiencing himself as being you.

*Finally don't try too hard to be spiritual. The very fact you want to be is enough and what is meant to come to you in this lifetime will come to you. I'm guessing there's no ascended masters currently posting in this thread which means each of us still have many many lifetimes left to live. Spirituality is an inevitable process and will come to all of us exactly when it is meant to.

"Lusting for spirituality can be one of the most insidious forms lust can take on. It is a craving for the benefits, trappings, mannerisms, speech patterns, etc. It is making a goal of spirituality rather than seeking the process of moving toward it from wherever you are. A reasonable formula for spiritual gain is simply accepting yourself exactly where you are in the moment, then exercising your right as a spirit to bring about an upward shift in both energy and consciousness, and enjoying the beautiful colours, the illumination and the enlightenment which results naturally from the process"
Craig Junjulas

edit on 19/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You'll live an happy and peaceful life if you don't seek to please others.

In other words, just be yourself. Being yourself is the secret to a peaceful, happy and Fruitful life. Faking it all will only lead to mental illnesses and false friendships. The rest will come naturally, without even seeking for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
See what seeking for 'peace' leads to?
More discussions and redigressions and/or disagreements

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
um.

Live and let live.....and learn to live and let die.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thank you all.
. Those words have given me more to think about and to learn about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join