It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Again The Mainstream News Oulets,More Propaganda On Syria, Syria is a Proxy War on Iran And Rus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by nenothtu

Certainly the Russians like to play the game, and are to a certain extent involved economically in trade, but geopolitically, the Russian's role is all about containment, and given it's self-sufficiency, it can meddle where it wants to, but it still has far too many problems of it's own to get involved in the globalist game. Later along the line maybe, but in an advisory capacity, they are far more at home merely observing and stirring the pot when it amuses them to do so. So while they most definately will sell, they are not that much in the business of buying and hence have little interest in price fixing. Unlike the UK.

Yeah, the Russians are the bargain basement of arms dealers. I recently priced some of their newer AK105's, and they were selling them for 280 USD each, factory direct, still in the cosmoline. I expect that's part of their charm to some of the less wealthy nations that they usually do business with. the price simply can't be beat for the robustness and reliability of the weapons.

I also heard on the wind that Venezuela has contracted with them for a half a million small arms, as well as some helicopters and armor, right in the US back yard.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If one contemplates your concerns,
IMO, it is not like they have a veto on the Security Council or anything. They may rise to the top of the Third World but still be Third World. They won't even have a Russia shielding them with their veto power, which can always be a thorn in the side of the West. Should they turn sour and disrupt the order of things, they would be much easier to deal with. Just go in and hand the baton to any of the myriad of competing factions.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by Biliverdin

Just checked...and you were right, Casey wanted to send French armaments, but Iran turned them down...

In the event, according to Loftus and Aarons, Casey got cold feet. He was worried that the TOW missiles could be traced and proposed sending the Iranians French STRIM missiles instead. But the Iranians refused to accept the French missiles; they wanted US ones. So Aspin set up another deal that did go through.

Claims of British involvement are not limited to Aspin nor to his briefings with Gow. Loftus and Aarons allege that a senior diplomat in the British Embassy in Washington at the time, Andrew Green, regularly met North. Green confirmed to the Independent yesterday that he had met North, but not to discuss Iran-Contra.

The US would have had good reason to involve Britain: London had excellent contacts with Middle Eastern drugs and arms dealers, who were well positioned to facilitate the Irangate trade. In particular, the British had recruited as an agent a notorious Syrian drug dealer, Monzer Al-Kassar, whom Aspin knew from the Seventies when they had been involved in gun-running.

www.independent.co.uk...

Apologies for my error

No problem. the same thing happened in Afghanistan - they wanted to send French AT missiles instead of US Stingers, but the idea got erm, "shot down", because the US missiles were the best in the world at that time for the job, and no one wanted to send the second string against the Soviets. that is why US Stingers were the ONLY identifiably US weapons to get sent into Afghanistan during the Soviet war there. everything else came off the international market, or through capture from the Soviets. You're not entirely wrong - plausible deniability was the watchword of the day.

Those missiles were directly responsible for negating the Soviet air superiority via their Mi-24 gunships. It forced them to fly higher to avoid getting blasted out of the sky, and reduced their effectiveness, giving the muj some breathing room.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Even Israel admits to infiltration. They think fall of Assad is good for Hizbullah.

Israeli intel chief: jihadis head for Syria border

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 10:46 AM Updated: Jul 17, 2012 12:36 PM
By AMY TEIBEL
Associated Press

www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/19043132/israeli-intel-chief-jihadis-head-for-syria-border

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel's military intelligence chief on Tuesday warned that global jihadists have moved into Syrian territory bordering the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights and could soon use the area to stage attacks on the Jewish state.

Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi told a parliamentary committee that the Islamic militants have taken advantage of the chaos created by the Syrian civil war to approach the Golan area.

He said Syrian President Bashar Assad has pulled troops out of the Golan to fight rebels in other parts of the country, after concluding that the likelihood of war with Israel at this time is low.

The intelligence chief told lawmakers that a power vacuum has created a possible arena for anti-Israel operations, like Egypt's Sinai desert.

"The Golan area is liable to become an arena of operations against Israel in much the same way the Sinai is today, and that's a result of the increasing entrenchment of Global Jihad in Syria," he said. "Global Jihad" is the term that Israel uses for al-Qaida and other violent groups affiliated or influenced by the global terror network.

His comments were relayed by a participant in the meeting, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was closed.

An increase in suicide bombings and other signature attacks in Syria has led experts to conclude that al-Qaida is taking a role in the uprising against the regime of President Bashar Assad. Though al-Qaida's main targets have been the West and secular Arab regimes, jihadis have also tried to attack Israel.

Since the overthrow of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak early last year, militants in Egypt's Sinai have carried out two deadly cross-border raids into Israel and fired several rockets at Israeli territory.

The Israel-Syria border has been mostly quiet since 1974.

Israel, which captured the Golan Heights in the 1967 Mideast war, has closely monitored the civil war in Syria. While Israel has been careful not to get involved, Israel fears that Assad's formidable arsenal of missiles and chemical weapons could slip into the hands of Hezbollah or other militant groups.

Kochavi, repeating the assessment of other Israeli officials, judged Assad's days to be numbered, but he did not estimate how long he would be able to cling to power.

Kochavi showed the panel satellite photographs that he said showed Syrian troops "brutally" firing artillery indiscriminately into an unidentified populated urban area, the meeting participant said. He did not say when or where the attack took place.

The intelligence chief interpreted this aggressive use of weapons as a sign of Syria's frustration with its inability to quell the uprising that broke out last March.

During the civil war in neighboring Syria, Lebanon's Hezbollah has been supporting the Assad regime, which Israel says has boosted Hezbollah over the years by allowing shipment of Iranian arms through Syrian territory to the Lebanese guerrillas.

Kochavi warned that Hezbollah is preparing for the aftermath of Assad's fall by amassing Iranian weapons.

He estimated Hezbollah now possesses 70,000 to 80,000 missiles and rockets capable of striking Israel - up to six times the number the militant group possessed during a monthlong war that ended in stalemate in 2006.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Third that here. Agent is all one sided, and it is has always been the losing side when it comes to falling regimes. He thinks his unique 6 year old experience refugeeing from Bosnia entitles him to hate on the US as he is snuggled up safely in the bosom of Canada. I find no other way to sum it up, I put it as lightly as possible.

Thank you very much for insulting me and attacking me for what i have been through a war zone its bad enough that i have been insulted by a Sryian Rebel supporter issuing me death threat on my life just for debating on about Sryia on twitter.

No TinfoilTP i am not one sided but the way you have been replying towards me by insulting breaking ATS TOS and if thats not all your getting likes for the insults, by pretty much obvious persons. You wanted the stars? well i hope those stars that you have there made you feel good for insulting me.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

This is what I'm talking about, where is my mini me?
I did not insult you, I made an observation based on real interaction and your own confessions.
I'll have to use my own "That's a FACT" stamp I guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I’m not even sure what the point of the OP is.

You act as though this ‘proxy war’ proclamation is some type of great revelation or something.

It works both ways, friend. Everyone has seen the ‘bromance’ between Assad and Ahmadinejad

And the cozy ties to between Assad and Putin

These 3 have been conspiring against the US and its allies for years…big revelation that the US is returning the favor!

edit on 18-7-2012 by seabag because: I get my thugs mixed up...change of pix

That's so close to what I might post, I'll borrow it if you don't mind.

It seems to me the OP is in fact propaganda also. Pot meet Kettle?

This is civil war and I doubt the US will get involved beyond humanitarian aid and through diplomatic means. From what I can tell there is no good side in this. I get drawn toward the rebels side as I hate the idea of dictators or theocracies, but I have no idea if in this case it will be one dictator replacing another.

Clearly Assad is bad enough to cause the citizens to risk it all to topple him.

The stench that emanates from those who's views are clouded by hate and bigotry instead of facts will always smell bad. Those who spread propaganda in support of evil are part of that evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

LOL Tinfoil, you really made me laugh

Have another star ol´ boy. Its on the house.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This thread will still be here years from now. I stand by my assessment. In a few years time, people can either laugh at me until their sides hurt, or they can build shrines to me as a visionary - I don't care which it is, but a few years time will tell.

ETA: I reiterate - there are NO good guys in this one. backing either side and interfering in their internal squabbles is going to backfire on the backers. that sort of thing happens when you back evil, and there is NO good in this one.

edit on 2012/7/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcpwoy
Even Israel admits to infiltration. They think fall of Assad is good for Hizbullah.

Israeli intel chief: jihadis head for Syria border

No offense but flailing about posting some random articles does not support the case and hopefully without being accused again of "deflecting from his argument" what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China or a proxy war against Iran and Russia as outlined in the OPs opening piece?

AND

Why isn't that considered "Deflecting from his argument"?

I smell Grey matter sizzling from a brain fart in the works. Either that or simply the throwing of crap against the wall in the hopes that something sticks.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If thats how you want to play it then sure.

An radical Albanian congress lobbyist group.

Got plenty more then that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I did not insult you, I made an observation based on real interaction and your own confessions. I'll have to use my own "That's a FACT" stamp I guess.

What you did there was not an observation. Dont you people read the rules? you were abusive and even hateful from your post.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

16d. Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Well it sounds like those rules were broken here today and the prefect example of that is in this thread of my thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Speaking of proxy wars concerning Russia guess some people forgot Cuba, guess they also forgot who armed the Vietnamese with it's proxy wars agianst the US.

Really do have to agree with "selective outrage" back to the poor wittle victims of Russia and Assad.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Got plenty more then that.

So do I….what’s your point??

I still don’t get the point of the OP.

Are you mad the US is gaining the upper hand once again? History should tell you that we don’t lose so get used to it, bud!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So its ok for Britain and America and its puppet allies in Eurpoe to be siding with the Saudi Arabian royal family which has ruled KSA for more then 200 years.

Ironic, that they have been ruling without the need of America and Britain, for that long. I would call that LONGEVITY. Goes to show no one can call them a "puppet nation" either.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So the info will be ignored or thought of as meaningless...

Good display gang, a star every 2 minutes, nice show of how the balance is...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

This thread will still be here years from now. I stand by my assessment. In a few years time, people can either laugh at me until their sides hurt, or they can build shrines to me as a visionary - I don't care which it is, but a few years time will tell.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It means that America doesn't like the fact Russia supports Assad in Sryia yet as you since you are a war monger which is Oblivious by posting those surely faked photoshop images posted on republican web sites.

It seems that you and few others dont have a problem of been allies to another dictator that is Saudi Arabia and Qatar and Bahrain.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So we now we are ignoring the bases in Saudi Arabia? and in Bahrain?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
We are on page 4 and i am seeing from rebel supporters and war mongers who cant wait to have draft back on so we could go and fight our two most evil common enemies which are Russia and Iran

This is not the ATS i knew.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you mad the US is gaining the upper hand once again? History should tell you that we don’t lose so get used to it, bud!

So your admitting that you will support a war in Iran the deaths of innocent millions Iranians over oil and lies that America has created?

I am not surprised your getting more likes for that because that is breaking the ATS rule.
16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join