It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a war between China and the US who would win?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
China does not need to go to war with the USA. Why? All they have to do is simply state "We are not going to do anymore business with you and stop shipping goods to the USA. Wanna see riots in the streets? You will.

The USA gets 80% of it's consumable goods from China. That is clothing, some foods, and more manufactured goods than people can truly grasp. Of course the counter argument is that they would be shooting themselves in the foot. At one time that may have been true. Currently the WORLD gets about 60% of it's consumable and manufactured goods from China. They can live without us these days. In fact it may have been part of the plan.

If you can't beat a guy with bigger weapons then you resort to a long term plan. First step in the plan? Create a dependance (in this case goods) Second step? Economic embargo. Third step? sit back and watch Americans tear each other up for a freaking pair of shoes.

I no longer have the patience to try to change the world, make long posts with tons of provable facts. I will leave it at the Director of the Rand corporations think tank was once one of my students. He told me many things that would happen and the rough timeline. It is all happening right on cue. This includes but is not limited to these three key points.
1. China will attempt to (and possibly succeed) in replacing the dollar with another currency as the worlds trading standard. Failing that they will simply stop shipping the USA goods.
2. Putin will regain office.
3. Iran will be at the head of OPEC

There are 20 other points that were given to me on a timeline that is actually happening. Keep in mind he ran 200+ employees and all they do is sit around and try to figure out what is going to happen in the future so that business could be well placed to react and profit from the changes.

Life as we are used to it will change. Will it be good or bad? that is anyone's guess and likely depends on who you are talking to. Either way, store food, extra shoes (gonna be a huge commodity) and clothing as well as basic supplies.

China and the USA ARE at war, we just don't seem to notice.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is your answer www.youtube.com... someone could embed.Just the female army out numbers the population of the United States.Impressive clip.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nobody ever wins a war. One side may gain meaningless temporary benefits, but no one ever really wins.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Check your facts.

The US is still the top manufacturer in the world, though manufacturing has toned down, the US still manufacutures 40% more then China.

We can easily exist without them.

Not to mention, India or Mexico would be more than willing to pick up the slack.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

And Just how would they get all those soldiers over here? Espeically without anyone noticing?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just a thought, back in 1994 I met Molt Taylor designer and builder of the Aerocar I had seen his Aerocar at the Oshkosh airshow and went to see him at Longview Washington, about design of aircraft. At that meeting he told me that China had contacted him and that they had asked him to design a small military flying craft capable of transcontinental flight that would then convert to a light all terrain vehicle, at the time there was a trade embargo with China and Molt died in 1995 so that's all I know about it. But if China was thinking about this concept in 1994 it makes you wonder where they are now in the development of this, a 200,000,000 mil. man army capable of transcontinental flight.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

If the US went to China, the Chinese would have the upper advantage, by sheer numbers.

But that is also a liability, because they can never bring those numbers to the US, as the US Navy and Air Force are far superior than China.

Which would mean that it would have to take place on some poor slob's land.

if either lobbies nuclear assault, no one would win as the entire hemisphere would be launched into a nuclear winter.Though the US also has an advantage there.

It would be interesting because it would be technology versus numbers.

But this is a hockey match only. Now in the real world, with allies and such, it would be a much weirder story.

But really, it is in the best interest of both countries to not find out.

link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I bet a lot of nations have at least 1 nuke. I think with enough green you can buy an old nuke. Just think about this. You got thousands and thousands of them just sitting around. Some arsonels are really getting old. They either have to dispose of them or something. so all it would take is someone to get in touch with the right people and some base commander lets a few slip out the back door. I could be wrong but like I think in russia at least in the 90s they weren't all that well guarded after the collapse. They sold off tons of hardware back then I think including nukes which probably commanded a pretty penny.

I'm just thinking of this US navy seal team. At one time they were instructed that they were to see if they could steal various types of military hardware. Infiltrate various high level bases and bunker in the US, where they keep bio, chem, nukes, and other majorly importantly stuff. They got into all those bases. They also were able to take over nuclear subs without a lot of difficulty. And they had to do all this covertly too. They weren't allowed to arrive as is and try and get in acting like a buddy.

What's funny about that, and I could be wrong, but last I heard (this is according to richard marcinko) they no longer allow these types of training drills where the seal team is given free rain. I guess they never knew how easy it actually would be. Then of course you get some seal team that actually goes rouge for real and you got a major problem. If they took over a sub the could paralize all of north america in hours. So now they have very limited drills that both base commanders and seals know what's going to avoid risk. I could be wrong, I'm not in the mil but this is from reading richard marchinko books.

But what I was getting to was this....

Well if this went on in the US who's to say that couldn't have easily happened in Russia or other places. Like all it would take is someone to line the pockets of the russian special force team and they might be incentivized to do the same thing. And if they got caught all they'd have to do is line the pocket of some commander and have him say that it was just a training drill and it wasn't real. Like I didn't even graduate high school and I can figure this out. Like imagine what someone who's super smart could do.

Someone with money and brains could have nukes bought for there country in weeks. So again I wouldn't doubt that most countries have a few kicking around.

link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Check your facts about what we manufacture. There is a reason I said consumable goods. Think empty Walmart in five days.........

We make a ton of stuff, sadly most of it kills people.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

If the US went to China, the Chinese would have the upper advantage, by sheer numbers.

China has a plan. They have the single largest defensive military in the world. There is a reason it is defensive. Look back to my post about a Chinese economic embargo. They will need to defend themselves when Walmart is suddenly empty.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
Just a thought, back in 1994 I met Molt Taylor designer and builder of the Aerocar I had seen his Aerocar at the Oshkosh airshow and went to see him at Longview Washington, about design of aircraft. At that meeting he told me that China had contacted him and that they had asked him to design a small military flying craft capable of transcontinental flight that would then convert to a light all terrain vehicle, at the time there was a trade embargo with China and Molt died in 1995 so that's all I know about it. But if China was thinking about this concept in 1994 it makes you wonder where they are now in the development of this, a 200,000,000 mil. man army capable of transcontinental flight.

Nowhere. I'd imagine.

United Technology just got busted for selling them technology for their new W-10 attack helicopter.

If you're still acquiring fundamentals like helicopter gearbox technology under false pretences your probably not ready to build Gundams or Jump Armour.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

China and the US are in a war actually right now. To see who can have more walmarts built.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

India is quickly becoming the world leader in textiles. So the walmart wouldn't be empty of clothes. Which is why that even if China refuses to export, someone will happily pick up the slack.

Coleman is the leading camping supply manufacturer, so the camping department will be just fine.

We can get our electronices from Japan.

So other than most lead painted toys, which the all important Lego is provided by Denmark, we will do just fine. Just less conveinant.

China is NOT the only manufacturer.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Or the actual contender is Walmart.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They are not the only ones that manufacture goods. The disruption to the flow of goods may only be temporary. What happens during that disruption is what causes concern for both myself and the big brains at the Rand Corporation.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There won't be a war with China. We owe them so much money that when they come to collect; we will just hand them the keys.

usgovinfo.about.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I couldn't see them stopping exports to the US walmarts and dollar stores. Like I seen this video on youtube. They were interviewing the owner of a jean manufacturing plant. He was able to make 100,000 pairs a month. He's cost was 1 US dollar a pair. He sold them for 2 dollars. And could design almost any kind of jean. I couldn't see them all of a sudden pulling the plug on this endless money machine they have going on. Tons of jobs, the largest migration of people into these factories in all of human history. It's nuts. Like the iphone plant has something like 500,000 people living there. Like as large as a small city. It's near slave labor though of course which is sad.

Oh ya what I was gonna say is I was walking threw a macys. I looked over, a pair of womens jeans, 500 bucks! thats' nuts. So if that wholesaler bought those for 2 bucks thats something like a 25000% mark up. ouch

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Originally posted by nixie_nox

China has a plan. They have the single largest defensive military in the world. There is a reason it is defensive. Look back to my post about a Chinese economic embargo. They will need to defend themselves when Walmart is suddenly empty.

So you would have China end its economic existance in a vain attempt to make Americans mad because it they might have to wait a few months for a new type of shoe now made in India and not China? China makes a lot of stuff but nothing of vital need. On the other hand China needs open seas to to get oil and sell goods. The USN would take that away. While the world would have economic troubles in time other nations would rise up to replace China's cheap labor production and the Wests money instead. China has no interest in a war with the US because the US is vital to keeping the sea lanes clear and free and buying Chinese products.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
There would be no winners.
Only losers.

Why would the U.S. go to war with China?
China makes most of the stuff we use in the U.S.A!

edit on 17-7-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join