It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My aunt saw my brother(he passed away 10 years ago) What am I suppose to do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Oh but it DOES matter to me if its true. It's really screwing with my mind and making me go insaaaane alalalalala. I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have. You see? it IS important

Problem is..how can I get to the bottom of this...

Why can't you be a good person whether it's true or not? You have to make your own decision about how you want to live your life but being a good person may make you enjoy it more, no matter what the end brings.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Don't feel left out - I'm sure there will come a time when the same thing will occur for you, though it may be seeing someone else.

My dad and I always argued about life after death - he was a proponent of 'dead is dead', while I was of the opposite persuasion.

A few weeks after he died, there he was, at 4am, standing by our bed, with our dog going absolutely nuts at the sight of him (partner and I almost had to change our underwear).

He said nothing, either - he was just there one minute, and faded to nothing, the next, but it was curious that we both saw him - and my partner had never met my dad in real life.

Neither of us were religious or believe in a god, either, so go figure...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It could relate to frequency. And that relates to faith, Love for others, etc. Being receptive, open to receive the gift.

And you are angry that you are walking a different path, and won't even give up bad habits or things, unless you knew there was an afterlife. When some, don't know for sure there is an afterlife, but strive to be Good for the sake of Goodness because they would feel bad about self if they let their family, friends or self down.

You can also seek directly. Ie. to your SOUL, and possilby if your family has a traditional faith, to God/Jesus or the words of your upbringing, but your own SOUL too. Each night, before sleep. Ask: Dear Soul, why am I here? I have so many blocks and cant see, please help me to see and deprogam and unblock my Love. Help grow my Love for others. I am reporting to duty to try and help, but knoiw its an honor to love and to serve, and feel like I may not even be ready to help, so help me to grow and reach your hand, help me to raise my frequency to reach the hand you're holding down to me.

Substitute whatever words you need. At night before sleep, before meditation, and when waking, something siimilar. Talk to your brother too.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Here is a thread of mine about raising frequency, its got some good videos on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also joy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Raising our sense of joy and then solving problems from a higher state.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Maybe you are not ready yet to have such direct confirmation
because you are going away from the path since you say that you are more a dark sider and skeptic
it was maybe his way to let you know indirectly that he his ok (smiled at her)
because he knew she would tell you about it
he maybe couldnt interfer your path to learn
since maybe your aunt is sensible to the otherside
then she passed the msg to you like your brother probably wished in the first place
when he appeared to her

Faith sometime doesnt work directly
you have to listen to the signs of life

Just my 2 cents
im sorry for your brother im sure he is in a better place now

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
This # happens. People die and reincarnate *eventually*, they chill in the afterlife for a while in between. Otherwise they would interfere in the lives of those they knew and may hook up with their former lovers and cause strange situations. Also, they probably usually want to see people they knew after they die.

Not everyone reincarnates. There is a way to end the cycle. This is the buddhist parinirvana. The buddha will not be returning, for example.

Just my two cents, you dont have to believe me. But i have had several encounters with the dead. I actually chased a ghost cat one time and it vanished right before my eyes. Looked completely and totally real.

Also, allegedly when my grandma died, her late exhusband (aka my grandpa) came to take her away. This really freaks me out a little bit.
edit on 17-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

Why didnt he pay me a visit?

How can I end the cycle?

What do you mean by a ghost cat. Animals have souls? What?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
If your Catholic then you must believe in the Bible. If you believe in the bible then you know a dead human cannot appear again on earth in any form. Angels can't impersonate an individual so therefore there is only one conclusion.

Yea but why would they/he do it, what do they gain from it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
Was your brother religious?, what was his faith like?, i tottally believe your aunt, i have had something similar happen, i was on a train and my nan who had died years before, was in a line of passengers getting off, i looked on the platform, she wasn't there.
definitely her though, she looked straight at me smiled and walked away.

What does it mean when someone who has passed away appears, smiles then disappears..

I think he was Catholic, He was like 12 and its been about 10 years ago I dont remember good, but I do think he was a good person.

Were/are you a good person when this happened?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

My mother claims to have seen her father (my maternal grandfather) immediately after he died. He allegedly told her to take care of her mother (my maternal grandmother). She said he was dressed in his regular clothes and was wearing his usual baseball cap, but was situated in some sort of tunnel in front of her. Then he disappeared. My mother doesn't lie about anything. In fact she's probably the most truthful person I've ever known. I just don't know if she was seeing what she claims to have seen in that moment of grief.

This happened 22 years ago. I was not the closest person to my grandfather. My mother was. She also is the one who has to do the most to help the family. Especially to help her mother who is still alive.

If the dead sporadically visit the living they must have a reason. In my mother's case it was apparently a request for help for something my grandfather could no longer do upon his death.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

"If the dead sporadically visit the living they must have a reason."

Why dont they say anything and make it more clear what they want for us humans to understand?
Is it because they simply cant talk, they can only appear? Also apparently they cant appear for more than a few seconds.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

"It doesn't necessarily prove her beliefs in particular, but rather the general knowledge that we never truly cease to exist."

I think we have to be right though. In terms of what exactly happens after we die. We either go into eternal torment or into eternal bliss. Or, we get a second chance(reincarnation)

Which one is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I have seen a lot of Ghosts, dead humans that were once living, breathing people. Some can appear to us, some can even talk to us. This is not a new fad, research it out. I know religion has tried it's best to stamp out any belief in reincarnation, but that in itself does not make it go away. The Ghost may not have had a message, just wanted to stop and say hello.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
@ everyone

It's weird how the people who passed away send their loved ones mixed signals

Are they in control of what they are doing are are being sent by a higher power?

Reports from alot of people report the same thing, that their loved ones appear to them. Having said that, some people believe in nothing while others believe in heaven/hell and others believe in reincarnation. Those that have a vision who believe in hh will probably continue to believe in it and same for those who believe in rr. Isn't it a bit confusing? Does it even matter?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Why didnt he pay me a visit?

How can I end the cycle?

What do you mean by a ghost cat. Animals have souls? What?

I dont know why he didnt pay you a visit. You have to stop wanting things to end the cycle. Wanting to exist causes us to incarnate. Research buddhism. Try it :p i havent ended the cycle for myself. Not sure im ready to.

And yes, apparently animals have souls. i was working at an animal hospital, and i was cleaning the place up at night, all doors were locked, no one was there except me and the clinic cat. No people, no animals. Everything was cleaned and i was just shutting the lights off before i left. Now these are lights where a couple of them always stay on, commercial building and all. A large, dark colored cat ran past me and i thought it was the clinic cat, so i chased him down, cornered him under a desk and he vanished. I went in the back and found the clinic cat in his LOCKED kennel. No other animals were present and this is confirmed

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
could be true, why not. Sounds like he must have made it to heaven then.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

How are they judged if they dont know right from wrong? What happens to them after they die or are they the incarnation of a human who was really evil in his previous life?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

see there, forgiveness is the highest form of interaction....

read the scriptures, start with john

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by lewman

Op,
Whatever you do, dont listen to the trolls and atheists on this one.

I have found that there is now a huge atheist trend going on both in the world and on the interwebs and they scoff and make fun of anything spiritual based. So they're replies are usually revolving around psychosis or something similar, when its really the spiritually unaware who are in a mass cultural based psychosis program.

Good for your aunt. Her third eye is open and/or she herself maybe getting closer to the end of her life as well. No biggie really. If she keeps seeing ur bro, i would tell her to ask him to go to God

Lol at someone who thinks that "Atheism means not being spiritual".... you would be surprised how many REALLY spiritual people reject the tales they they got taught by the church/religion...and you would be surprised BEYOND BELIEF how many of the so called "religious people" are not spiritual in the slightest. Reading the bible and echoing what the preacher teacher tells you does NOT make you spiritual.
edit on 18-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Find out the label of her favorite evening tipple, buy some for yourself, sit back and relax with great grandma.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I just cannot believe that it was actually him and he thought to himself or maybe a higher intelligence was behind this and said hey "I'm going to appear to my aunt (who has always been good and avoids evil things and is very pious, prays rosary everyday and her afterlife is probably going to be great) and not appear to my brother (whos on the "wrong" road in life and who's life is messt up and it looks like the future is not good and is suicidal and is a skeptic although open to other possibilities by him seeing me he would turn his life around and be good and avoid evil and believe in a afterlife! and when he dies since he was good because he saw me were going to live happily ever after!) Seriously...

I could never forgive him for appearing to my aunt and not to me...

dammit...

Forgive me for not reading all the replies. But this moved me to answer your point here.

If you aren't open psychically to seeing 'ghosts,' then possibly your brother has tied to get through to you and hasn't been able to get your attention yet. This is not your fault, nor his. Some people just are pretty well shielded from this stuff and it can't get through. He could be dancing on the top of your head, and you wouldn't notice!

If he was resourceful, and needed to get a message through, it makes great sense that he would contact someone in the family who IS able to see him. If he just contacted a random person, how would he know they would care enough (or not be freaked out) to contact YOU?

I think your brother is doing the best he can here. Cut him some slack, okay?

I know a few people who are psychic (I'm not), and they all seem to think that spirits sort of see them as people who can sense them. This is why they are sometimes drawn to them to try to make contact. They can SEE who can sense them.

Seeing 'dead people' is not something most of us can do.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by phroziac

How are they judged if they dont know right from wrong? What happens to them after they die or are they the incarnation of a human who was really evil in his previous life?

I dont know. But i dont believe in a judgement..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join