It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion without Congress' Approval

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

So much posted on the pros and cons of this recent Obama allegation. Has it ever been proven to be true or false?
Not looking for endless opinions, but some factual information regarding the story.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I really hope this story is wrong.

Reading this healine made the colar on my t-shirt rip in half almost.

Why oh why are we putting up with his constant BS?

- wait for his supporters to come in here and try to make excuses.

I really really hope this didnt happen.

If so, he needs to be hung out to dry.

HE IS NOT A KING!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Was that in exchange for the fake birth certificate?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Where is the proof? All this article says is allegedly. All of the source links are empty as well.

ETA
No, The President Is Not Giving $1.5 Billion To The Muslim Brotherhood

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

the money isn’t even going to Egypt, it’s going to U.S. defense contractors who have ongoing contracts to supply the Egyptian military.

edit on 17-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I really hope this story is wrong.

Reading this healine made the colar on my t-shirt rip in half almost.

Why oh why are we putting up with his constant BS?

- wait for his supporters to come in here and try to make excuses.

I really really hope this didnt happen.

If so, he needs to be hung out to dry.

HE IS NOT A KING!!!!

It is false.

The $1.5 Billion was not for the Muslim Brotherhood but it was part of an aid package for the Nation of Egypt

Link

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Where is the proof? All this article says is allegedly. All of the source links are empty as well.

Just like our bank account? Whats one more bad check gonna hurt?

I believe it. Thats why some people are gonna pay their debts the hard way.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

LOL... which is now under the control of muslim brotherhood.

HAHA.

Does it matter.

Lets all just empty our wallets and piss on our cash and then burn it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It still comes from the foreign aid fund that congress approved

U.S. foreign aid escapes slashing cuts in fiscal 2012

The legislation provides $42.1 billion in regular funding for the State Department and foreign aid in 2012, which is a cut of more than $6 billion from the 2011 level.

But when another $11.2 billion in war-related foreign aid for Afghanistan and Iraq is added in, such as money for counterterrorism and humanitarian assistance, the total for 2012 is $53.3 billion. That total is actually an increase of some $5 billion over the comparable amount for 2011.

www.reuters.com...

Which is all garbage anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Pretty much.

Life has digressed into a never ending game of monopoly.

One day someones gonna get FED up and throw the funny money and board game into the trash where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This money is just salaries for their employees in those countries. You know the puppets they put in place after their insurgency successfully ousted the previous government. Like everywhere else where they send foreign aid. "Foreign aid" is what they call these salaries since they are paid outside the U.S. It´s a clever way to disguise it and avoid taxes.
edit on 17-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

From Your Source-

"The Obama administration has decided to resume funding for Egypt’s military and will bypass congressional requirements that U.S. officials certify the country’s progress toward democracy, according to Capitol Hill aides.

Especially surprising is the Obama administration’s apparent decision to hand over the full amount to Egypt, according to congressional aides, rather than withholding portions to maintain leverage and doling out sums only to meet the obligations of ongoing defense contracts.

As recently as last week, the State Department appeared to favor the withholding approach, explaining in closed-door briefings that it would allow the United States to watch and wait during the next few critical months as Egypt undergoes a presidential election and rewrites its constitution.

But since then, officials appear to have abruptly shifted direction.

State Department officials declined to speak publicly about the decision, saying they are still notifying members of Congress.
"

The OP is correct.

The Obama administration bypassed congressional approval. Yes they have 1.5 bill in aid- *but only if they are showing CERTIFIED progress(which they have not)*. The Obama administration went AROUND CONGRESS and gave the FULL AMOUNT. State department is saying they are "still notifying members of congress".
They even handed over THE FULL AMOUNT of aid without certified approval.

I swear to freakin God- this type of crap makes my blood boil.

See what happens when you try to be sneaky- it backfires.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well this thread certainly gave me the necessary jolt to wake up and start my day...spitting mad. Of course I'll do further reading and digging on my own. With so many recent budget cuts to programs that protect public health and safety, food safety monitoring and monitoring of imports, this sort of expenditure is an affront to the American taxpayer. Could we actually fund a real national health care system if we weren't so busy meddling incessantly in the affairs of other nations?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
all aid money always goes to the wrong people
it's how washington buys puppet strings or the money goes to groups that helps destabalize a region

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
All aid money should be cancelled until our own budget is under control and our own citizens are taken care of. It's ridiculous and is done by both parties.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey look I just found $1.5 billion we could use to pay off the debt/save in taxes!
Wow, doing government is tough.

I'm sure it's done for "stability" but stability of what? The U.S. agenda of course.
all well and good, but if you have to pay to have your way... something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Considering Morsi was put in to power by the muslim brotherhood and now people are getting kidnapped,and Clinton's visit where things were being thrown at her motorcade and chants pertaining to"lewinsky".

Sure le'ts give Egypt 1.5 billion dollars after years of giving Egypt money just like we give money to Pakistan, and other countries.

This is what you know now think about how much is done under the table then of course we have Obama's meeting with the more radical Egyptians like here:

thehill.com...
edi t on 17-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, if this is fake, perhaps someone can address this?

Obama/Hillary offer Islamist Egyptian government $1 Billion in economic aid

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has ended two days of talks with Egypt's quarrelling leaders, offering them U.S. assistance for the struggling Egyptian economy without publicly taking sides in their ongoing power struggle.

A U.S. State Department official said Clinton discussed U.S. aid proposals at a meeting in Cairo Sunday with Egyptian military chief Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi. The official said Tantawi told Clinton that reviving the Egyptian economy is a priority for his country. Clinton revealed details of the U.S. aid pledge on Saturday, when she held talks with Egypt's Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, who took office last month.

VOA correspondent Scott Stearns, who is traveling with Clinton, said debt relief is a major part of the U.S. package.
Source

Some of the stories earlier in the thread and the one specifically debunking a story, date to March and April with considerably different amounts and details. This is from yesterday and we know she was there, was meeting with these people and Obama does want to make nice-nice with the new regime as the U.S. does with every new Government we can at least sit in the same room with, at first anyway.

This also shows a good part being debt relief/forgiveness. That, I THINK, is within the President's ability to offer. I could be off on that, but then, Obama has done a few things which ..well...are questionable to say the least. This wouldn't shock me on those grounds.

It's crazy though, on any basis...but I am among those who see a threat where our President sees friends and people to try and convert to buddies or something.

Another source for yesterdays reported developments in Cairo - Tied to the April amount and story
edit on 17-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Was that in exchange for the fake birth certificate?

No, it is a false claim, exactly like the claim Obama's birth certificate is fake!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"Follow the money"

if the US is giving the Egyptian military the funds, which is now in turn controlled by the Muslim brotherhood... then yes they are giving the Muslim Brotherhood the funds.

They do not just give aid to people because they are charitable, it is because it serves their geo-political interests. Egypt is going to have to pick up the soap sooner and later, and the Egyptian people will be distraught to find what they fought so hard for has been hijacked by the globalist PTB
edit on 17-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
1. In 1979, The USA brokered a peace treaty between Egypt and Israel.
2. The treaty deal is... USA will give billions to Egypt, in exchange for Egypt not warring with Israel.
3. Billions are given to Egypt
4. Nobody complains.
5. Years pass.
6. Billions are given to Egypt
7. Nobody complains.
8. Years pass.
9. Billions are given to Egypt
10. Nobody complains.
11. Years pass.
12. Billions are given to Egypt
13. Nobody complains.
14. 2011 - Civil unrest in Egypt, the payments are paused.
15. 2012 - Payments are resumed.
16. People start asking "WHY ARE WE GIVING MONEY TO EGYPT???"
17. Answer... "you only just noticed now?"

edit on 17-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join