It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorched earth and the zombie apocalypse!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy forum - here's my thoughts regarding the drug behind the outbreak of "zombie" attacks lately:

What if
... this is a drug manufactured by the government and they now want to test it live in society, giving it for free to known drug abusers.

Why?, you ask.

Well, I just got to think of the fact that many people lately have experienced that the sun is brighter and hotter than usual. It stings on the skin like it have never done before. There are several threads about it here on ATS.

Maybe the government knows about this for a fact, and wants to know how people will react if the sun gets hot to the point that you start to heat up from within if exposed too long?
Hold your horses now - I know that you ALWAYS heat up eventually if you are exposed to the sun in a hot climate, but that is a slow heating up over several hours at the fastest.
I am talking about a rapid heating up here - because that is what will happen if the sun gets hotter very suddenly.

As a coincidence - this is exactly what this drug does, the abusers heats up from within rapidly, and throw away their clothes to cool off a little. That's why they mostly are naked when eating on others.

You all know how if feels when you have a high fever. You dont think straight.
But the basic reptilian part of the brain that deals with things like survival is however still highly functional during a fever. You still get hungry and thirsty.

Maybe the drug users act on reptilian instinct when in this intoxicated state, and just go for the closest food their reptilian brain can think of? Chances are big that it would be another human beeing then.
Maybe there are several cases when the abuser instead found themselves beeing closer to a cat, dog, dove or whatever, and ate those alive instead, but we just haven't heard of those cases in the media yet?

Maybe the goverment developed this drug to test the effect on the human brain when exposed to the rapid and sustained heating the sun will bring in the future?
If so they cant be very pleased with the outcome.

Unless they like the earth depopulated in a very effective way of course...
I guess an underground bunker would be a good place to get shelter from this, and we all know who have their underground bunkers in place already...

Is it REALLY that unthinkable that we might be headed for an apocalyptic future with a scorched earth and people eating whatever they can get their hands on while the elite wait it out in their bunkers?
Think Mad Max + zombies (well, actually alive people acting on reptilian instincts, but I think you get my point).

This was a far out thought from the beginning, but the more I think about it, the less unreasonable it seems.

I wish you sweet dreams when you sleep in your beds tonight my friends...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There is no such thing as zombies...please quit being childish and grow up.
This whole zombie thing is ridiculous,the people that believe this crap are even more ridiculous.
Do you really believe in zombies....if not than please stop this crap??

Do you believe in the toothfairy and Santa too??

edit on 16-7-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

There is one problem to all of this. Lucifer has already set the stakes with the upper-yard if you know what I mean. So everything should go into compliance.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
This whole zombie thing is ridiculous,the people that make these threads are even more ridiculous.

What an ignorant post.

Zombies aren't real? What do you define a zombie as?

Magical corpses that rise from the dead? Probably not ever going to be real...

Someone that acts exactly like a zombie, is a real zombie to me. If they loose higher brain function, are immune to pain, and try to eat people, THAT'S a zombie.

Look at rabies. If rabies became airborne, and mutated slightly you could have a huge outbreak that would be basically EXACTLY the same as a zombie outbreak.

There is a fungus that takes control of an ant's body and makes it climb up high. That sounds like a zombie ant to me.

Have you ever seen 28 days later? Tell me something like that couldn't happen. You'd be wrong. Whether it be a natural mutated virus, or a man-made one, the zombies of 28 days later are a very real possibility.

Something that causes people to express unfathomable rage, feel no pain, and be highly contagious is very possible, is also sounds exactly like a zombie outbreak to me. Also sounds like a great biological weapon.

So what were you saying again?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

There is one problem to all of this. Lucifer

No the problem is believing in fairy tales.
Zombies and Lucifer....really???

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Not sure why you are getting upset with the other remark but get a thick skin when you talk about subjects like this...I'm done with hearing about zombies and it is rediculous..even the ant zombies...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I believe that people need to actually read the posts and not respond to just the title.
Your reply not only makes no sense at all, it also reveals that you didnt read a word in the actual post.
Deny ignorance man...

edit on 16/7/12 by Tollon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

For that one, you will have one less

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

What an ignorant post. Zombies aren't real? What do you define a zombie as?

You...I don't watch tv or movies.
Zombies aren't real....quit being a child and shut your tv off.
28 days later is no immediate concern to me.
ITS A MOVIE!!!
Grow up.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To say that these "zombie people" are acting out their "reptilian instincts" is where i drew the line. Human beings are not reptilian. Therefore they cannot act out on reptilian instincts. I believe this is what the poster meant by saying it is ludicrous.

EDIT: BUT... i do commend the OP for at least thinking of a theory and putting it out into the forum for disection.
edit on 16-7-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
YOu might be right OP

Seeing the reply's are like something out of the disinfo agent handbook of diluting a thread.
maybe you got toclose

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Your post about the scorched earth reminded me of this episode...one of the greatest episodes of the series when Picard lives an entire lifetime on a planet that is being scorched by their own sun.

This whole zombie whatever we call it does seem strange or at least is being reported more. A friend in a city not far away tweeted just this week that there was a naked woman wandering down a major roadway there. Whether she was suffering from similar symptoms and biting people later...I have no idea. Regardless... it is so odd...

Shudder....anyone remember the black and white version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers...scared me to death as a kid. And these people being reported as naked and biting humans just creeps me out, like their humanity has been stolen somehow.

Thanks for the OP and The Next Generation memories they connected. Hope I can forget about that black and white Snatchers movie before bed time.

It's hot outside and yes the sun is sizzling. Whether it is more or less than it has ever been who knows.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
To say that these "zombie people" are acting out their "reptilian instincts" is where i drew the line. Human beings are not reptilian. Therefore they cannot act out on reptilian instincts. I believe this is what the poster meant by saying it is ludicrous.

EDIT: BUT... i do commend the OP for at least thinking of a theory and putting it out into the forum for disection.
edit on 16-7-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

I didn't mean reptilian instincts per se.
What I mean is the basic survival instincts that are located in the part of the brain that is reffered to as the reptilian brain.
Jeez, what happened to this community lately? There was actually a time when you didn't have to specifically explain such trivial facts in order for the readers to understand it...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Seeing the reply's are like something out of the disinfo agent handbook of diluting a thread.

I get 3 weeks of paid vacation.

Its ok to delete this post mods....don't be shy,you know I jest.

On topic....zombies???
Really??
Prove to me zombies are real,and don't use that pathetic bath salts excuse.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. You have no proof to provide that zombies aren't real, and that lucifer isn't either. Yet you want to bash them for entertaining a thought that you can neither prove nor disprove, yet belittle and speak in certainties. And they are the ignorant ones? Get real kid.. nothing wrong with theorizing on conspiracies, on a conspiracy forum. Santa and the tooth fairy are both real by the way

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

This whole zombie thing is ridiculous,the people that make these threads are even more ridiculous.

What an ignorant post.

Zombies aren't real? What do you define a zombie as?

Magical corpses that rise from the dead? Probably not ever going to be real...

Someone that acts exactly like a zombie, is a real zombie to me. If they loose higher brain function, are immune to pain, and try to eat people, THAT'S a zombie.

Look at rabies. If rabies became airborne, and mutated slightly you could have a huge outbreak that would be basically EXACTLY the same as a zombie outbreak.

There is a fungus that takes control of an ant's body and makes it climb up high. That sounds like a zombie ant to me.

Have you ever seen 28 days later? Tell me something like that couldn't happen. You'd be wrong. Whether it be a natural mutated virus, or a man-made one, the zombies of 28 days later are a very real possibility.

Something that causes people to express unfathomable rage, feel no pain, and be highly contagious is very possible, is also sounds exactly like a zombie outbreak to me. Also sounds like a great biological weapon.

So what were you saying again?

I just have to ask -- where did you get your definition of a "zombie"?

I am sorry, but I just don't recall the word "zombie" being used as an official diagnosis in any official capacity, except for sci-fi or horror flicks.

Zombie is a made up term. It has no basis in Science or Medicine.

Wiki defines Zombie as:

A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe) is an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft.

Now...you are going to say that Witchcraft is real, and bringing people back from the dead is real too?

Come on!
edit on 16-7-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
YOu might be right OP

maybe you got toclose

This is just a speculative thread, but that very thought occured to me as well, when reading the initial replies

There are no facts or proof here whatsoever, why try so hard to dismiss/ridicule/dilute what ONE human beeing just speculate about the subject?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

and bringing people back from the dead is real too?

Come on!
edit on 16-7-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

Well there was this one guy...
edit on 16-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The sun put out a solar flare that made it flash for about 5 seconds double bright and bluish white on Jul 13. It washed out everything, and it does seem a LOT hotter since that day. Surprizingly enough absolutely NO NEWS on it!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I think you are taking the word zombie to literally.
It could just be used for lack of another word.

Like what other word can be used to describe a crazy (possibly) drug fueled maniac that doesn't seem to respond to pain and likes to eat(or just bite) human flesh?

I don't think any one has implied people are actually rising from the dead, unless i misread of course then we may have got into the territory of skunkworks!
edit on 16-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join