It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would having a fake gun be a possible alternative to a real one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

A fake gun is a great way to escalate a situation and get killed quicker.

Even a real gun, without training or willingness to use it is a great way to escalate a situation and get killed quicker.

A gun is only useful, as a last resort, when lethal force is necessary, and you are willing and able to administer it. A gun should never be seen or mentioned until you are ready to kill someone.

Also, fake guns are really difficult to hunt with. You have to get so close to the game, and then beat it to death, LOL!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well just think, once the US guns are all confiscated you'll be like damn now what do I do. There coming to take your guns!!! And since you store them under your bed or in that gun locker they'll know easily where they can find them after they scare your wife and kids to death. GIVE ME YOUR GUNS OR YOUR GOING TO JAIL AND I'LL CALL CPS TO TAKE YOUR KIDS!!! smake smake

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Pffttt.

Of course you have the registered guns in the gun safe, and you give them up willingly, and you thank the authorities for their prompt professional services.

All the other guns are someplace they'll never think to look.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The big cupboard by the front door labelled up "Guns" with a handwritten label underneath saying "not in here, honest officer"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
With all due respect, and I haven't bothered to read other responses, don't be foolish! A fake gun? Maybe if you're confronting a fake criminal... otherwise don't be suprised to find yourself lying on the ground in a pool of your own blood, dying.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

The big cupboard by the front door labelled up "Guns" with a handwritten label underneath saying "not in here, honest officer"

No, you're totally wrong, it is the cupboard next to the refrigerator, and the sign reads, "NOT GUNS."

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Real gun good, fake gun bad.
No gun confiscation in the US, would lead to a civil war where the gun owners fight the gunless and a few politicians, I'm cool with that.

Hope it helps

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenrutcon
Personally, I think that is a terrible idea. What happens if you pull it out to try and "scare" someone, and they pull out a real gun?

But if they are Canadian and also have a fake gun, especially the kind that when you pull the trigger and out comes a flag that says "BANG" just imagine the laughter that would ensue!! Fake knife though, not too sure. I don't think you want to bring a fake knife to a fake gunfight.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i would NOT even think of that. Go try shooting some real guns and imagine trying to defend yourself from one with a fake one.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Never carry a fake weapon, if you encounter someone with a real 1 its a chance it may scare them into using theirs on you. If you want to keep a weapon other then gun to protect yourself, conceal a sharp blade to protect you incase you encounter close contact ignorance. But a fake gun is a no. Be safe

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Don't know about your province, but in NB owning guns is easy peasy, at least rifles and shotguns. A handgun is a bit more difficult, but not impossible, or even as hard as getting one in say NYC. There are 32 in my house I think. A few were my grandfather's, I got 10 myself, the rest are either my pops or great uncles.

All you have to do is have a hunting license. All you have to do to get that lisence is take a safety course, and pass a test I could have passed at 8 years old.
edit on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:30:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
NO MAN!!! Pulling a fake gun is not a bluff you want to get called on. Saw a kid do that in an alley onetime growing up and it wasn't pretty. Don't bluff with a gun fake or real.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT....

Okay what I meant to say was for the most part you wear the fake gun in your jeans. So if some thugs see you they might think twice once they see what looks like a gun tucked into your jeans. Your not waving it around pretending your gonna shoot. But who know if you had one lets say you could catch someone with a real gun off guard. Maybe you could take there real gun. Then you wouldn't need the fake one anymore. Like Freeze I'm taking your real gun. Your patriotism is commendable. Thank you.

And I'm talking about this in countries where people don't commonly walk around packing. Like if you go to Canada 99.9999% of people or more you know won't be caring a gun. The states and other places like nigeria is different obviously. Guns are commonplace. But again after they get you to register your guns, then you're gonna get a knock at the door and they're gonna come take them. That's coming soon. So you better have a toy gun as a back up cuz that's all your gonna have left soon! lol

edit on 16-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Ok, I get what you're saying a little better now, but I still wouldn't risk it. I'd rather look helpless and then surprise them with my skills, instead of looking armed, and really having nothing to back it up. Even a real gun, in your pants, is rarely any use if you are attacked. It only comes into play if you have an opportunity to escape and then take cover. People who carry guns all the time know better than to reach for the gun at the last second. You won't have time to get it, and if anything you'll probably end up losing it in the fight and having it used against you. Fight first, only use the gun from the safety of some cover.

Thugs know this as well. If they think you might have a gun, they will just attack that much more devastatingly to make sure you don't get to use the gun. They might just shoot first.

I would never want someone to think I have a gun, when I really don't, and when I do have a gun, I don't want anyone to know about it, and if I am attacked by surprise, I won't reach for my gun, I'll just fight, create some distance, find some cover, and then pull my gun.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

First off, no one is coming for our guns. (I mean neighbors guns, I don't have any)

And like others have said, We keep our registered guns in the safe. Not the unregistered ones.( Not me though, no guns here)

Just like my ummmm, neighbor. He has damn near forty guns and only three are registered. Actually, just two, I forgot I sold one.
edit on 16-7-2012 by KawRider9 because: Cause I can't spell "Guns"....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Would it make any sense at all to perhaps get a fake hand gun. Like a toy gun. And just keep that around. That's if of course it looked real enough.

And if you get into a sitution where you'll need a weapon and all you have is a fake or airsoft gun?

Wanna guess what will happen?

Google "Sucking chest wound". That's gonna be the stupid prize you'll win for playing a stupid game.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The imaginary gun is a much better weapon. It has saved me several times. You have to be a good actor. Never actually pull it out, as they cannot see it and it will spoil the bluff.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The imaginary gun is a much better weapon. It has saved me several times. You have to be a good actor. Never actually pull it out, as they cannot see it and it will spoil the bluff.

Don't even allude to it. Just be overly confident and assertive! Has saved me many times, I've even mentioned a couple of them on ATS.

Overt confidence, directness, and eye-contact can go a long, long way.

Doesn't scare alligators or bears though. For that you need the real gun.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
getreadyalready is absolutely right.

Don't bluff with guns. If I'm desperate for your resources and saw you with a pistol. Then I'd bring a shotgun or two or three to the party and make sure my hit on you to steal your resources is successful. It's always better to simply be alert and ready to fight when necessary. Weapons are best kept hidden and deployed when needed usually from an aggressor position.

Want to get good a self defense from a sudden ambush then what you need is some hand to hand training or experience. Not a gun you will fumble with and loose control of while your getting ambushed. In fact the guns great because at least I know one of your hands is tied up in your pocket.

If you are going to carry a weapon then I recommend a small concealable benchmade knife no bigger than 3-4 inches in blade length. You can walk with that in your hands and not have anyone notice. Thats better than a gun IMHO.
edit on 16-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Already been said, but bears repeating.
If tshtf and you find yourself in a position that calls for a gun...pull it and shoot, no talk, no show, just shoot.

So...a fake gun is just useless weight. The space would be better used for water, pills or even a ball of string.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join