It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Intellectually where it concerns multitasking and certain problem solving women and men differ depending on the individual and experience regardless of what any biased "statistical poll" says.

The whole sexist debate/threads can be solved much easier and quicker if we don't blanket each other with gender demeaning outlooks and realize that each person is how they are because of their individual psychologies instead of their genders. Even where hormones are concerned, with practice one can control their estrogen and testosterone based actions and not become belittled to a "Women are crazy" or "Men are dogs" statement.

If true intellect existed among a more common ground of like minded people as a mass then we wouldn't even care enough to gather data for such polls.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Are you in that conversation? NO!

Why comment on a post which is not of your concern?

Why assert such things about the PurpleChiten?

Why are you coming to the aid of an obvious pre American civil war constitutional libertarian out of the blue?

"Have you seen this boy?"

edit on 17-7-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: because: of video loading issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm a powerful, confident and extremely insightful male.

So I actually like this news. It means women can potentially challenge me better than I thought.

I like femdom so now I'll keep an IQ booklet test on me just in case she wants to show off her power....

edit on 17-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Damnit! Smart and beautiful. We're in trouble now.

Meh, as long as I'm there favorite, I'm ok with it

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

LilDude!! Good to see you!!

It's all good, they're just on the defensive because they feel threatened. Until all of us are able to put the need to be "the best" at something behind us and are able to work together, there will always be those who get upset when the apple cart is overturned.

It's been explained over and over to them that it's the individual, not the arbitrary group that someone belongs to that matters.

I think the article is great that it exposes the line of thought that plots one "group" against another, particularly a group that's been mistreated for far too long that gets the upper hand.

There are some extremely intelligent women in the world and some that aren't so much so. There are extremely intelligent men in the world and some that aren't so much so. We need to be able to look at the individual instead of grouping people together based on gender, race, or any other silly attribute such as height, eye color, hair color, country of origin, how big or small their ears or nose are ... all the countless, silly things that people focus on.

What it boils down to is gender is not a factor in intelligence. Now that the average score of women is higher than the average score of men, that paradigm will die. No more can the sexist and egotistical say "well women are just dumber then men so men are in charge" because the facts can be thrown right up in their face that this study says they're wrong. We're moving more toward looking at the individual and that's the first step in overcoming all the "isms" out there.

Due to this, I think the article is GREAT! Now all the bigoted sexists will have to succeed on their own merit (or fail on their own merit) instead of depending on others to carry them along. If they are total idiots, they have to own that and either do something about it or deal with it. If they are exceptional, then they can continue to be exceptional.

Those who see it as a negative as opposed to a positive are the guilty parties who have subjugated others for far too long. Their time is over. It's a new horizon where all people are given the same consideration and are responsible for their own success or failure.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Nothing is more sexy than an intelligent woman who you can actually talk to after the lust wears off

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I guess its time for men to retire. We will stay at home, we can send Women to war and have them run the government..

after few years and after multiple nukes strikes due to emotionally driven decision, men will be at home, saying "ok honey, you had your fun"

Look at the list of inventors, look at the list of famous scientists..

Why do men have to prove anything, its in genetics(oops, i went there), we see it everyday and of course look at the state of the world in, whether is technologically advanced for the good(Astronomy, Biology, or Engineering(lololol)) or the technologically advanced for the bad(Atom bomb, nuclear power), its men who are behind it. Im not sexist, i guess this thread made me taste that side, but denying physical evidence and historical evidence and going by a conditioned IQ test for the city dwellers, its just sad..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"Flynn collected IQ test data from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Estonia and Argentina. Each country tested at least 500 men and 500 women, most between the ages of 15 and 18. In all of those samples, women scored equal to men if not a half a point to a whole point higher."

www.syracuse.com...

Meaning, a total of 5000 teenagers were tested from 5 countries and women scored equal to men or "if not a half a point higher." Whatever that last part means. Women either scored half a point higher or they didn't...

In any case, it's quite a leap to jump from the above to "adult women are on average smarter than adult men," especially when you consider the fact that studies have shown that men consistently score higher than women on IQ tests. This survey of 5000 teenagers is a drop in the bucket and irrelevant if you're interested in answering the question, who is on average smarter, an adult man--or an adult woman?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleepwalk7

but that's just it, it isn't based on gender. The "average" man or woman doesn't describe the individuals. It's time we move away from that paradigm and this particular news story is an example of how that paradigm holds us back. Gender is such an arbitrary way to group people when it comes to intelligence. It's clear that it isn't a "fixed" ratio, so it shouldn't be used for that purpose.

If we wanted to group people for IQ purposes, education definitely plays a role, but of course there are educated idiots and geniuses who dropped out of school, so it's not 100%. Yet, it is a much better indicator than looking at differences between men and women.

The best part of the whole thing is it breaks down that nasty wall that separates men and women and leads to one being subjugated by the other. Next year, or a few years down the road, the male average may be higher, then it can flip flop back and forth between the two showing that gender is NOT a credible way to look at intelligence.

And I think that is ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Men and women are equal. Neither is greater than the other. Regardless of what the small group of bigoted sexists left want to say or insist upon, there is no difference in men and women other than in the biological reproductive sense. They are to have the same rights and the same responsibilities. Either one is free to stay home and raise the family while the other works and supports the family. Either one is capable of going into whatever field they want provided they can meet the demands of it as an individual.

We have just moved a step forward on the "evolutionary ladder" and I welcome the change!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The only problem with that is that the historical evidence is based on women not pursuing a higher education. Now that women outnumber men in colleges, that women are taking part in all areas, that women aren't expected to stay home, cook, clean and wait for her husband to get home, the entire "game" has changed.

Men and women are equal, one is not smarter than the other on the individual basis due to nothing more than their gender. Of course when you compare two people, regardless of any "group" they may belong to, there will be a difference, but it's an individual difference, not a difference based on what group they are in.

THAT is AWESOME!

My accomplishments are mine. My failures are mine. My potential is mine. I am not projected or limited by what arbitrary group I may fit into and neither is anyone else.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just LOVE women

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

but that's just it, it isn't based on gender. The "average" man or woman doesn't describe the individuals. It's time we move away from that paradigm and this particular news story is an example of how that paradigm holds us back. Gender is such an arbitrary way to group people when it comes to intelligence. It's clear that it isn't a "fixed" ratio, so it shouldn't be used for that purpose.

If we wanted to group people for IQ purposes, education definitely plays a role, but of course there are educated idiots and geniuses who dropped out of school, so it's not 100%. Yet, it is a much better indicator than looking at differences between men and women.

The best part of the whole thing is it breaks down that nasty wall that separates men and women and leads to one being subjugated by the other. Next year, or a few years down the road, the male average may be higher, then it can flip flop back and forth between the two showing that gender is NOT a credible way to look at intelligence.

And I think that is ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Men and women are equal. Neither is greater than the other. Regardless of what the small group of bigoted sexists left want to say or insist upon, there is no difference in men and women other than in the biological reproductive sense. They are to have the same rights and the same responsibilities. Either one is free to stay home and raise the family while the other works and supports the family. Either one is capable of going into whatever field they want provided they can meet the demands of it as an individual.

We have just moved a step forward on the "evolutionary ladder" and I welcome the change!

That sounds all warm and fuzzy and stuff, but I'm more interested in knowledge and truth.

Men and women should be treated equally in the sense that they're both important and valuable since they're two sides of the same coin that is humanity. But are men and women the same or equal in ability? No. Men and women look different. Act different. Think different. And this is mostly due to the level of testosterone that is present during the gestation period. Men are exposed to much more of it during this period and afterward men produce much more of it than women via the testes. This notable difference is the reason why the brains of men and women develop differently. Consequently, in principle, men are better than women at certain things. Please notice how I used "in principle." For instance, in principle, human beings have two arms, but does that mean every human being has two arms? No. So, no, not all men are better than women at (A). But I'm saying in principle men are better than women at (A).

Now, are women better than men in certain ways? Yes, I think women are better at comforting and nurturing others, when they want to. The world would be much less beautiful and more gloomy without women.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's true I feel dumber after reading the article in the op

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You are free to feel that way and I am free to disagree with you. The old paradigm is dead and ressurection of it isn't possible. Soon, it's memory will fade away and we will be better as a result.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You are free to feel that way and I am free to disagree with you. The old paradigm is dead and ressurection of it isn't possible. Soon, it's memory will fade away and we will be better as a result.

Yes, you're free to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The girl is always right, even when she isn't?

Seems to me, that this is the very definition of a narcissistic sociopath. There is a single word that could sum up the behavior of this type of female, it starts with a B, it's 5 letters.......oh, I forget what the word is, but I know there is one.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepwalk7

Yes, you're free to be wrong.

If that ever happens, I'll let ya know

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by Druscilla

The girl is always right, even when she isn't?

Seems to me, that this is the very definition of a narcissistic sociopath. There is a single word that could sum up the behavior of this type of female, it starts with a B, it's 5 letters.......oh, I forget what the word is, but I know there is one.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

According to the article it would be "Brain"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's moving beyond the dark time when bruit force is the deciding factor what is what. I get your drift.

We are for the most part collectively moving forward into a brighter dawn where intellectual meritocracy will soon rule the day. However at this point in time it is still mid-morning, from high noon when knowledge will be the brightest.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Early evening is going to be .... AWESOME!!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join