It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later I guess...

now.msn.com...

For all the ladies out there who've always had a sneaky suspicion they are smarter than men, we have an affirming piece of news for you: Women's IQ scores have surpassed men for the first time in recorded history. Although females have traditionally lagged behind on IQ scores -- at times trailing the guys by five points -- the gap has been closing, and leading expert James Flynn says the new test challenges former beliefs about genetic differences. One theory is that juggling work and kids has made women better multi-taskers, thus raising IQ. Another theory is women have a slightly higher potential intelligence that is only now being realized due to modernity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Whaaaat?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I've known this my whole life.

Nice to see the Male-Dominated science back it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow I had no idea women had lower IQ scores for the past 100 years, and as low as 5 points, you just never hear that sort of thing. Then when the women surpass us they never shut up about it lol.

jks, kudos to 'em

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

S&F

very nice research indeed!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Feelings and Emotions

Lets just say there is more to Intelligence than simply what the IQ test shows.

Men 20-23

Women 23-27

However, if you can unplug from it all you can get up in the high 50s-64

1-64 is where the real IQ results are at.... the DnA molecular level

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Wow I had no idea women had lower IQ scores for the past 100 years, and as low as 5 points, you just never hear that sort of thing. Then when the women surpass us they never shut up about it lol.

jks, kudos to 'em

Guess we kept them subdued for as long as we could.... here come our evil dictators...

Good thing I'm really good looking, or I'd be in trouble!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Uh huh. Now compare the average IQ scores of Whites and African Americans and let's see you backtrack on their validity like a rabbit running from a fox. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It'll be nice when we all realize that "groups" don't dictate IQ at all, but this is a good first step.
This is something that needed to happen to make the extremely sexist and racist a-holes rethink their theories of gender and racial differences and realize it has much more to do with the individual than with the arbitrary group.

Some of us prefer to be "judged" on our own accomplishments as opposed to what "group" we fit in that has nothing to do with accomplishment, work or effort. That's where all the "isms" come from.

Being born a white male isn't what makes a man great, it's what he does with it that determines his worth. If he uses it to be a sexist, racist bigot, then there isn't much to him. IMO

I am what I am because I worked hard and I had some wonderful genetic gifts that I utilized, not because of my gender or race.

edit on 15-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Uh huh. Now compare the average IQ scores of Whites and African Americans and let's see you backtrack on their validity like a rabbit running from a fox. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

That story will probably come out next month

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
IQ is not all there is to intelligence.

Rationality is recognized as a major portion of it.

You can have a High IQ And low rationality

as well as a Low IQ and High Rationality.

The key to real intellect is to have both, always get Annoyed when so much hype is put on IQ alone.

edit on 15-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

jks, kudos to 'em

Their scores were 5 points below men's...not 5 IQ points.

I admit, I may be reading into your post wrong but it caught my eye.
I think it's a sign of modern times.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hehehe I have known this all along. As long as you let the woman believe she is smarter, all is good...

Just kidding ladies!
Much love and respect for the fairer gender. Seriously, I have always thought that women were smarter than us neanderthals...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I honestly assumed that women were smarter than men since childhood.

i remember quite clearly that girls outperformed guys in school in general.

shows you what I knew.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What do you mean "now"? Women have always been smarter.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
I honestly assumed that women were smarter than men since childhood.

i remember quite clearly that girls outperformed guys in school in general.

shows you what I knew.

Same here man!

I really don't understand the folks who want to throw a big fit over it. Women are very intelligent, otherwise, men wouldn't love them so much ....well, the nonsexist men wouldn't.

It's a matter of respect and admiration of the person you spend your life with, not one person trying to dominate over the other. I guess that's why so many of the racist and sexist guys are single or divorced with no hope of changing that or are married to a woman who is below average just so he can control her to boost his own ego since he doesn't have much going for him otherwise.

I want to be judged on MY accomplishments, not the accomplishments of someone else who just happens to share my gender or skin color or hair color or height or something that has nothing to do with intelligence. I guess those who don't have anything else in the world going for them have to grab on to whatever they can
edit on 15-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

Hehehe I have known this all along. As long as you let the woman believe she is smarter, all is good...

Just kidding ladies!
Much love and respect for the fairer gender. Seriously, I have always thought that women were smarter than us neanderthals...

The reason why women are discouraged from working in job fields that are male dominated has less to do with that "weaker or fairer sex" meme and more to do with protecting male ego. Put us in any job out there and we will at a bare minimum be able to keep up if not surpass.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by edaced4

Just kidding ladies!

The reason why women are discouraged from working in job fields that are male dominated has less to do with that "weaker or fairer sex" meme and more to do with protecting male ego. Put us in any job out there and we will at a bare minimum be able to keep up if not surpass.

I've seen many capable as well as incapable men and women both. I just think it depends more on the individual than the gender. There are women who could kick my butt!!! and there are men I could squash like a grape.

I just hate the "isms"

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Haven't any of you ever heard the rule that:

The girl is always right, even when she isn't?

The world would be a better place if people just realized this.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
REAL men don't treat women as equals. The treat them better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join