It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in signs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Do you believe in signs that warn you about the future?

For example, and the purpose I started this thread.

My husband works for the DOT fixing roads. There is a specific area on a road that is in need of a tube replacement. It has needed the replacement for a few years, but everyone has been too afraid to fix it. There is a large gas line inches away from where the road needs dug up to replace the tube. One accidental smack and you might be in for some trouble. My husband was just recently promoted and he decided he would take on this job.

He got a call from the gas company that let him know exactly where the gas line was and they warned him about digging too close. I asked him "so does this mean you're going to end up being blown to pieces?" He said "No, I'll be fine. I'm lucky!" Then he knocked on wood - our movie shelf. When he knocked on it, an entire row of movies fell on his head. I told him that was a sign to quit the job.

So, was it a sign? Do you believe in signs? Have you experienced signs that have come true?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Could just mean your husband needs to work harder to buy a better shelf.

But in seriousness, yes signs like this do appear. Some suggest that the signs or messages you recieve are from your future self and the thoughts you get is your future self regretting, looking back saying, if ony i did this instead of that.

But with all this happening to you, I bet your hubbie is going to be more careful. Maybe that is all that was needed was to have attention brought to the subject as to be more prudent.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

A sign can be a warning to an individual, but many people don't see them as signs or pay attention to them. I agree that the items that fell on your husband's head were meant to catch his attention, and I guess they did.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

All very interesting. Never heard the theory about your future self before. But I like it.

And you may be right about being more careful after that happened. At least I hope so.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So gas lines blow up just from exposing air? Ehhhh I dont know much about construction but it does not seem plausible.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well, I never said anything about blowing up. I just said it would not be good.

But if a piece of metal machinery strikes another piece of metal or rock causing a spark when opening the gas line, I'm seeing that as being pretty bad. But maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Could just mean your husband needs to work harder to buy a better shelf.

But in seriousness, yes sign like this do appear. Some suggest that the sign or messages you recieve are from your future self and the thoughts you get is your future self regretting, looking back saying, if ony i did this instead of that.

But with all this happening to you, I bet your hubbie is going to be more careful. Maybe that is all that was needed was to have attention brought to the subject as to be more prudent.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

^^^ THIS!

I totally agree with Shadow Herder. Your husbands energy/aura around the issue was "charged" thus causing a chaotic reaction with the shelve.

Hopefully this little message will disperse the confusion and "charge," creating a calm, cool, and collected approach to solving the problem around this very important piece of infrastructure.

Someone HAS to do it eventually. I applaud your husband for taking on this project and will concentrate on his concentration, for him and his crew!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

If that happened to me I would not dig.

I would see it as a sign or omen.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by tport17

If that happened to me I would not dig.

I would see it as a sign or omen.

I actually agree with you skeptic......I believe in gut feelings strongly. If your hubs feels in his gut it's not safe, I would not temp it. If you yourself feel it in your gut, for his safety, he shouldn't do it....keep us posted OP

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I asked my husband more about the job today. He said his boss has made him put it aside for other projects. This is the second time he has had everything ready to go and his boss decides to have him wait. I don't know if this is another sign, or not!

He said he THINKS he will be doing it in two weeks, but he isn't sure. I'll be sure to update when he does the job.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

it is a sign.

stop being superstitious.

tell the gas company to shut the line down during the work period and tell them when you're finished you'll call them so they can turn it back on.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I believe in signs. Some call it intuition, vibrations, a guardian angel...etc. But I do believe in them and since I have been paying more attention to them, I have not really had any problems, suprises, or tragedies. Or I could just be more cautious as a result... resulting in fewer problems, suprises, or tragedies.

But there are signs all around us...a lot of times there is so much clutter in our lives we can't see the forest for the trees... yes, I meant to say it like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just an update on my original story.

My husband will be working on the job tomorrow. He was allowed an extra person to help with the job so perhaps that will help to make things run smoother. I'm sure it will be fine, and I will update when I find out for sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Everything went smoothly on the job.

Which begs the question. Was it really a sign and in acknowledging the sign he changed the outcome, or was it just a silly coincidence.

new topics

top topics

join