It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. declares drought-stricken states largest natural disaster area ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Since Obama took office the entire country is the largest disaster area in history. It even extends to other parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

And yet in the UK it's been bucketing down for a month. Something about the slipstream being stuck. Great for the plants but incessant rain in summer pisses you off. Still, better to be soggy than parched.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Tadaaaaaa!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It has rained in Mississippi for two weeks straight. Never seen this before , especially in July. Hell it has been in the 70s for two weeks as well and getting down to the low 60s at night. Now if it would stay that temperature .... forever. Would be great.

Im looking on the ipad right now , and it says .... 10 day forecast , scattered thunderstorms , every single day.
edit on 13-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is crap.

The map labeled my state as a drought-sicken state. It has rained more this year than it even came close last year. I think last year we had one thunderstorm and then the hurricane but this year alone has been more rain. The rain season and hurricane season JUST STARTED too.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooomsssssssday BS

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think its time for us all to do a Native American Rain Dance... I believe its the same dance moves to the Macarena...

Putting humor aside for a quick moment, 2012 has been pretty crazy thus far. Extreme temperatures, extreme droughts, extreme weather...I'm curious to see what's next... Maybe these are the end of times, who knows...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

NW Indiana reporting. This is the second year (along with chicagoland) that we are seeing near drought levels.

The corn crops are only doing mediocre now, and to my dismay I am surrounded by them while not a farmer. Last year, they just kind of "burned out" without much reap of what was sown.

If not for a few bands of rain the week before last, they would be looking far worse. However, there is no rain predicted for the near future.

S/F, OP. For increasing my understanding despite the posts within the thread. I am convinced that this weather is highly unusual, and I am confused as what to contribute it to but I will continue to keep an eye out on this thread, as well as others.

I agree with an above poster in that if not cyclical, we may be seeing early stages of an early ice age or heat stage that could result in ocean levels rising--let us hope that there is some R & D on what places like New Orleans are doing...could be more than catastrophic in places like Asia with rice crops, etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If the drought continues thru next spring and then when the groung is prepped and seeded and we get no rain to start the crop that's how the dust clouds will begin.
Right now there is some cover on the ground and that's gonna be gone soon.
The native grasses had a tolerance for these dry spells.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's really bad here in Illinois.

Our corn has started tasseling, withering and drying up, and it hardly has any ears. If there are any, they are very small.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

Our corn has started tasseling, withering and drying up, and it hardly has any ears. If there are any, they are very small.

True, thanfully we have some rain in the forecast for tomorrow... Hopefully it downpours all days

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth.[a] And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up." - Rev 8:7

Per Wiki:
There are 3,033 organized county or county-equivalent governments in the United States according to 2007 Census of Governments

Per Article:
Over 1000 counties have declaired a natural disaster zone...

1/3rd of the counties.

In scripture trees often refer to governemtal entities, counties are the building blocks for the US government.

Green grass has duel meaning. First it is the agriculture (crops) which some estimate could be a 90%+ failure rate this harvest (all the green grass), and it also represents the economy. The physical crop failures would fulfill scripture and the metephorical economic collapse occurs as aresult of the first 4 trumpets sounding.

As an aside this scripture was quoted in the "Colorado Wild Fire" thread a few weeks back and I mentioned to the poster they were correct in tying these events to that scripture in truth. One may not understand this revelation at this time, but in hindsight God will make it to stand.

We are in the day of the Lord, a year for the recompenses of Zion.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

There are some great threads on here about how to manifest things.
This is what got me thinking.When it gets dry and no rain and some people pray for rain the main feeling that they have is how it''s not raining.The trick is to think about the feeling of being in the rain or having your toes in the mud or something like that.
It was said that when we pray we are conveying feelings and not words so much.
Give this a try and then just watch all the chem trails appear to combat what changes occur in the forecast.
I could be full of it but my area is not in a drought so go figure what you will.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
"The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth.[a] And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up." - Rev 8:7

Per Wiki:
There are 3,033 organized county or county-equivalent governments in the United States according to 2007 Census of Governments

Per Article:

1/3rd of the counties.

In scripture trees often refer to governemtal entities, counties are the building blocks for the US government.

Green grass has duel meaning. First it is the agriculture (crops) which some estimate could be a 90%+ failure rate this harvest (all the green grass), and it also represents the economy. The physical crop failures would fulfill scripture and the metephorical economic collapse occurs as aresult of the first 4 trumpets sounding.

As an aside this scripture was quoted in the "Colorado Wild Fire" thread a few weeks back and I mentioned to the poster they were correct in tying these events to that scripture in truth. One may not understand this revelation at this time, but in hindsight God will make it to stand.

God Bless,

Why did you have to bring creepy religon into this discussion?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Amazing expose vid on the global warming catastrophe hitting the U.S.
edit on 13-7-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Per Wiki:

Per Article:

1/3rd of the counties.

God Bless,

Interesting...I was totally unaware that the bible and its revelations were talking about the US...Go figure!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Thats exatly what I'm seeing in the skies here in Tacoma, WA. We have formations of tic-tac-toe type chemtrails that make almost perfect 90 degree angles. Clouds just don't form perpendicular to each other like that. OH yeah, and McChord AFB and Fort Lewis (now called Joint Base Lewis-McChord I believe) is about 7 miles away, just down the I-5.

God bless.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If the drought continues thru next spring and then when the groung is prepped and seeded and we get no rain to start the crop that's how the dust clouds will begin.
Right now there is some cover on the ground and that's gonna be gone soon.
The native grasses had a tolerance for these dry spells.

Hmmm... I hadn't considered that, but I suppose you're right. The writings about the Dust Bowl and natural calamity that just piled onto the Depression and lull between world wars was absorbing in it's own right, without extrapolating into how a few changes would actually give the same end result today. Yikes.... I suppose, that grass covering isn't forever if the drought just flat out doesn't end.

Some of the accounts I listened to in an audio book about the Dust Bowl were hardest for those speaking out of the first year of it. They were so hopeful, yet scared because the calamity just starting was so enormous to them. It's almost heart breaking to listen to the accounts out of that deep past...knowing what those folks didn't. Their hope was for nothing and the horror they described quickly looks like nothing but the sideline warm-up to skip a year or two ahead in the accounts.

I hope we're not literally repeating those hopeful but naive people I read the words of from the early days of the long hell they yet had to live through.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The reason global warming is happening has more to do with natural solar activity. We are moving toward the galactic plane. As we physically cross through the galactic plane we experience increased temperatures and increasing dosage of radiation. Earth is not the only planet warming in our solar system. They're all warming and this is simply because our solar system is going through the galactic plane. As we move across the galactic plane gravitational forces will shift in polarity causing the earth to stop spinning and then reverse it's spin to the opposite direction. This will cause massive tsunamis, hurricane force winds, and mega tornadoes.

To see tangible proof of this galactic event happening in our past you need only examine the geological record. We can see every some odd thousand years there is evidence of intense heat, a change in magnetism, and also increased radiation.

You can look at physical items as well. Items remaining from before the last galactic event show the magnetism is in the opposite direction.

edit on 13-7-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

I'm in Clark Co and the corn here is pathetic. Short stalks, dry roots, turning brown. No matter if it does rain, too late. It's calling for rain tomorrow and Sunday, but I'll believe it when I see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join