It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. declares drought-stricken states largest natural disaster area ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

U.S. declares drought-stricken states largest natural disaster area ever

news.yahoo.com

The United States Department of Agriculture has declared natural disaster areas in more than 1,000 counties and 26 drought-stricken states, making it the largest natural disaster in America ever.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This news is disturbing for obvious reasons. In addition to the direct effects on farmers and others living in these areas, this drought will have far-reaching global impact in the form of higher prices for commodities, food, and other goods, given America's leading role in agriculture.

Droughts have been part of farming for as long as agriculture has been with us; whether there is anything unusual about this one aside from its reach and severity is of course open to debate. But whatever the case, it is a bad situation that will have a negative effect on the economy, both in the US and around the world. Already-struggling consumers will have to pay more for food as well as other products as knock-on effects ripple through the broader economy.

Beyond the economic aspects, there is simply the tragedy of a natural disaster, and the scale makes this one particularly noteworthy. Let's all hope and pray (for those of you who do so) that the afflicted ares see some relief soon from this long hot nightmare summer.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7/12/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Anyone know a rain dance? Some secret cloud seeding technique? I'd go for almost anything as a suggestion. Last year I lost my little evergreen out front. I never thought I'd see that little thing die. It was the perfect size shape and density of a Xmas tree... This year, it's not a pretty little tree...it's two GIANT ones in my front yard. I'd love to not see those two die next.

This is really...not good. The map wasn't fundamentally better during the spring....and not night/day different in the Winter, for that matter. It's been bad for awhile, but this is just absurd.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am in Indiana and we get chem trailed hard. I would have to say that by watching the skies every single day, the chemical trails expand to monstrous proportions after they are expelled into the air. I can see how these trails affect nearby clouds and the way clouds form afterwards. I would have to theorize that these trails are actually PREVENTING rain by crippling the clouds. I am familiar with chemicals such as anhydrous ammonia, which devours water particles, and is actually used in the farm fields that I am in every single day. This chemical exists, so what rules out something similar is not being dispersed into our skies, devouring clouds, and affecting them on the molecular level where they can not form new clouds.

EDIT: By controlling the weather, one can control the ENTIRE agriculture industry and the pricing that goes along with it due to supply and demand.
edit on 12-7-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For the ATS time capsule. Are we taking bets on which way Earth is headed?

1.) Gets so hot that the Earth is triggered into another Ice age when the Ice caps melt and flood the oceans with fresh water which neutralizes the ocean currents due to lack of salinization causing a massive drop in temperature?

2.) Earth continues to heat up causing massive amounts of coastal flooding and oceanic evaporation which increases humidity and we return to a very tropical planet with mass amounts of humidity and rain forests?

3.) Just more of the same....Just Bigger!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is a sample of what i am speaking of:

EDIT: please tell me if the link works, as its my first time attempting to get a pic on this forum. I can add more. Some are straight sickening.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Climate change is all a Marxist conspiracy, right, Rush?

Here in the Midwest we are facing 50% or more crop loss. These are dust bowl conditions.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Looks like a chinese millipede alligator cloud.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Something just crossed my mind. History repeats itself. It's repeating itself on multiple levels and I didn't realize how completely until what has bothered me about that drought map on the last 3 weekly updates I've gotten finally clicked. What would that map have looked like if it could have been produced for July 10, 1932 or ...July 10, 1935? Even nature is repeating the cycle. Fortunately we aren't raping the plains by over farming, so no literal dust bowls this time, but the drought..well.. Umm.. This lasted many years at THIS level the last time.

History of the Dustbowl Years

Oh... and Russia is saying their grain/wheat harvests are screwed. That wouldn't matter if it were beets or lettuce but..wow... Wheat makes everything and everything prices with it. Umm.... this isn't good.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is the worst I've seen.
3 years ago we had too much rain at the wrong time and our vegetable garden turned to rot.The following year, the same. We took off a year because it seemed futile.
Now it's too dry. But we have some plants doing well.

I do recall a time when my 87 year old father, a farmer from birth, could grow his gardens without much adjustments made. We could expect the same conditions each year, with a bit of difference from time to time, but differences he could sense and adjust to. Not now. Even my pop is having a couple of bad years of growing vegies.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would not say we arent raping the plains... almost EVERY farmer in northern Indiana is sold out to Monsanto GM corn fields. Reason being: Monsanto can guarantee the farmers a locked in price so they do it every time. There are farmers that still do their own thing, but once a monsanto pollen reaches their field and creates seed... Monsanto claims ownership of that farmer's field. There was a case recently where a farmer lost his entire farm, not just his field, his house, equipment, and fields. His farm. All because he fought back and took it to court.

On top of that, farming is a dying job. To get INTO farming you have to be a multi-millionaire. It is decreasing as the old farmers die out, and the farms that have been passed down generation after generation are the only ones left. The price of 1 acre up here is around $8,000-10,000, and equipment is half a million dollars. It is impossible for a young fella like me to want to be a farmer when i am older, it is not possible with the economic conditions. I believe monsanto is doing this also, pushing the farmers out and acquiring the land as they dry up.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

We aren't physically raping the land. In the 20's and into the dustbowl years the literal farming the land to death made for barren top soil. Like the California Central Valley if you look at a Sat photo. So the whole upper Texas into Okie and Kansas back to Colorado with a large % of all that being bare soil. Hence...years with as many as 100 massive dust storms blowing the plains to sticks... That won't happen again is what I mean. The plains are covered with grass again for the most part.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

1.) Gets so hot that the Earth is triggered into another Ice age when the Ice caps melt and flood the oceans with fresh water which neutralizes the ocean currents due to lack of salinization causing a massive drop in temperature?

That's my general impression/feeling.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
I am in Indiana and we get chem trailed hard. ... I can see how these trails affect nearby clouds and the way clouds form afterwards. I would have to theorize that these trails are actually PREVENTING rain by crippling the clouds.

Interesting. DO you know most people say 'chemtrails' do the exact opposite, since they always see them right before a rain storm?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is happening here in Indiana it is called Roto Tilling. They are turning the topsoil into sand, and it does blow everywhere. If there were not a treeline separating the fields around here, nothing would stop the erosion. There are areas where ditches are dug, and filled right back in with the erosion blown straight off of the fields.

And i will show another pic just because i can!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes, i am aware of the term cloud seeding, as it was invented as a warfare tactic in Vietnam. We caused rains the lasted weeks in an attempt to flood the ho chi min trail. But you cant say we know one end of the spectrum without knowing the other? We would not be aware of only the north pole but not the south pole would we? Knowing the physics of how these things work is achieved by understanding the polarity that goes with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes, i am aware of the term cloud seeding, as it was invented as a warfare tactic in Vietnam. We caused rains the lasted weeks in an attempt to flood the ho chi min trail. But you cant say we know one end of the spectrum without knowing the other? We would not be aware of only the north pole but not the south pole would we? Knowing the physics of how these things work is achieved by understanding the polarity that goes with it.

No, I'm not talking about 'cloud seeding'. You said you think 'chemtrails' break up rainclouds and prevent it from raining. I pointed out to you that that vast majority of chemtrail theories* claim the exact opposite.

*which i do not subscribe to

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There has been a drought here in NC for as long as I have been a landscaper. Which is 20 years. Not one year that I can remember ended with a surplus of rain. My little creek in the back yard dried up last month and it usually only dries up for a week or two in August. My little pond id dry too. But what I want to know is, Where are all these mosquitoes coming from? There is no stagnant water. The pool is salt water. Where are they coming from?

And the ticks? Now there's a new tick that MAKES YOU ALLERGIC TO BACON!!!! This has to be the end times when you can talk a walk through the woods and never enjoy meat again because it will kill you. I let my dog out the other day for an hour and picked 6 ticks off it when it came in. In one hour. Luckily none of them were the devil tick what steals bacon, but still, she got 6 in an hour. She got out for 10 minutes today and I washed her soon as she got in and she had a dozen fleas. In 15 minutes of running through a yard being chased by a few kids and myself.

How about this? I had to quit my job because my equipment broke and I have zero dollars to fix it because my dog got parvo last month I spent ALL I had at the vet saving her life. All savings, everything. Worked though. She made it. Anyway, it has been around a month since I have worked and none of my customers have missed me. Their lawns haven't grown at all. If I lucked into a couple hundred dollars I could go back to making $95 a week. Yay!

Yeah, the drought is bad. Life sucks. We're all going to die. We live in a police state and it is only going to get worse. Bummer.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'll go with door number 1.

2nd

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join