It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
S + F good job Indigo5
Many fail to realize that on the SEC paper Romneys income was listed as over $100,000 that could mean $100 million.And that money was not from investment intrests.
Let's see those tax returns Mittens

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
S + F good job Indigo5
Many fail to realize that on the SEC paper Romneys income was listed as over $100,000 that could mean $100 million.And that money was not from investment intrests.
Let's see those tax returns Mittens

Psssst.....

Romney's returns are linked here:
(from January 2012)
Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax return, Romney’s estimated 2011 filing (Full text)

Note: There is an ongoing question about some alleged missing returns or portions of....don't know which or what

Maybe we need to see Obama's Very First tax return and see what name he used

Where is Obama's Very First tax return ????

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Alot of americans are still waiting for Mittens and the GOP's plan on jobs....oh wait they don't have one even after 3 years of Obama. Maybe after Romney's first term they will have a plan.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Psssst. The topic is Romney and Bain in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Where are those returns ?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You can stop laughing now. Romney's economic growth and jobs plan? 87 pages of it right here: www.mittromney.com... Now if you want to wait for a plan, where is the Democrat budget?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry not intrested in any more of Mittens lies and flip flops.
Show me the money! ( the tax returns.)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
George Romney on politicians making tax returns available to the electorate to consider... 'One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show'."

Mitt Romney... I'm an American success story! I'm an honest fella, trust me. I'll let you see my return from 1 year I select.

I love irony.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This story will probably have a short life. People will hear "Bain" and then just move on because that drum has been beating steadily for months and its nothing but noise now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The problem with Mittens is he's acting like he is the boss and the american public are his employees.
"Shut up and go back to work It's none of your business what I do !"
Imagine how he would be if he was Pres.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
This story will probably have a short life. People will hear "Bain" and then just move on because that drum has been beating steadily for months and its nothing but noise now.

Ohhh, this is just getting going. Until Willard starts telling the truth & releases previous tax returns, the fire will only grow wilder. He has a lot to hide, obviously, for a reason. Willard disclosed his returns to McCains team when they considered him for VP & they went with Palin lol

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Who cares, really? I mean does it really matter how long he worked there? He worked there. He's a corporatist. Just like the sitting President. Only one is just more obvious than the other.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Who cares, really? I mean does it really matter how long he worked there? He worked there. He's a corporatist. Just like the sitting President. Only one is just more obvious than the other.

So, it wouldn't bother you if he hid his money in offshore tax shelters or invested in a company that disposed of aborted fetuses?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KireDj

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Ohhh, this is just getting going. Until Willard starts telling the truth & releases previous tax returns, the fire will only grow wilder. He has a lot to hide, obviously, for a reason. Willard disclosed his returns to McCains team when they considered him for VP & they went with Palin lol

I agree that its just getting started but I dont think that its going to go anywhere. These SEC things tend to drag on and mark my words nothing will be done about it this year. Over time it is sure to get buried.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It boils down to this: Romney lied. He lied to either the voters or to the SEC.

If he lied to the SEC then he's much more likely to spend the next four years, maybe more, living in a building belonging to the federal government.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
11235813213455 "I agree that its just getting started but I dont think that its going to go anywhere. These SEC things tend to drag on and mark my words nothing will be done about it this year. Over time it is sure to get buried."

The SEC part is really irrelevant, at least in my opinion. Whether he was CEO, Chairman, etc. is just splitting hairs. Of course he still had a part of Bain, he was the single share holder. I don't care about that. It's about whether he is telling the truth about many, many things regarding his finances. Including offshoring, tax shelters, and what he has invested in. This kind of stuff actually really is important. Even though I'm a "lefty," if Obama wasn't open about his tax returns & made them public (12 years worth) I would have eyed him with even more suspicion than I did (I don't trust any politician, they are all egotistical crooks.) Mitt really does need to release previous returns if he wants to capture more independent voters. This issue will not fade away.
edit on 13-7-2012 by KireDj because: F-ed up my quote

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
This Bain Capitol thing seems to be the only thing the Dems have.

It's funny how this sentence accomplishes perhaps the biggest understatement of all time, while simutaneously being politically divisive--ignoring the fact that both candidates are establishment...Coke versus Pepsi.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KireDj

You failed to catch the nihilistic tone of my post. Of course it bothers me, but it doesn't change anything, it doesn't make him any worse than the other candidate and it won't make a bit of difference which one is elected as they are both owned by corporations.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Perhaps he was officially the CEO still but delegated decision making to subordinates while doing his Olympic sabattical, etc.....just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Dems are trying to counter his face card of superior business experience as a plus in dealing with the negative economy. What he and his fellow Repubs need to do is take the negative aspect of this dual sided issue (jobs elimination in some cases) and stress that he will eliminate wasteful jobs (and concomitant spending) in government. Debate judo if you will; take the opponents point and flip it to your advantage.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KireDj

Well, as long as your drifting a little from the topic, I'll go along.

Having an off-shore back account renders him unfit for the Presidency? If it's illegal, he'll be charged. If it's not why bother with it? After all Pelosi and Valerie Jarrett (among others) do it.

There are many different foetus disposal stories. Wait, I take that back, there's only one, it's repeated in many different places. Here's one: nymag.com...

But here's a comment to the article:

This is the most absurd piece of twisted journalism I've ever read. Stericycle is the leading company that disposes "medical waste" in America. To assert that it is a company solely purposed to dispose of aborted babies is a stretch beyond imagination. I work at a hospital and any and all tissue, soaked blood linens, emesis (puke), urine, blood and fecal specimens and any other body secretion and tubes and containers of bodily secretions or fluids are disposed of as bio hazardous waste. It is burned by Stericycle, so that it isn't dumped in our open trash dumpsites that regular garbage is disposed of.

I suppose that if you want to believe in this article, you would also have to believe that Obama wants to dump hazardous medical waste directly into our oceans and land dumps.

Problem is you get an uneducated lib who reads this crap and it sticks like peanut butter in the cranial hole where their brain should be. Enough twisted columns like this and you've swayed a good chunk of voters!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KireDji

It will be interesting to see where it goes.

I will say this. The Obama campaign should watch how they go after them. The Romney team is just as adept at political f-ckery as they are and a miscalculated attack can very easily put themselves in a stranglehold.
edit on 13-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: Edited to remove the word Judo because weirdly enough someone used it too. Star for you CosmicCitizen

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join