It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

UPDATE: Fortune obtained the offering documents for a Bain Capital Fund circulating in June 2000, as well as a fund in 2001. None of the documents show that Romney was listed as being among the “key investment professionals.” As Fortune put it, “the contemporaneous Bain documents show that Romney was indeed telling the truth about no longer having operational input at Bain -- which, one should note, is different from no longer having legal or financial ties to the firm.”
For interested readers, below is a summary of what we, FactCheck.org and Fortune magazine have previously concluded.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Washington Post an hour ago..
SEC report raises questions about when Romney left Bain, at center of presidential race

The SEC document from February 2001 — which has received modest attention despite being reported in recent days by publications including Talking Points Memo — raises questions about Romney’s role at Bain in 1999, 2000 and early 2001. If he turned his full attention to the Olympics in early 1999, as his campaign says, it’s hard to square with the Bain SEC filing, two years later, listing his “principal occupation” as the company’s managing director, and his titles as CEO and president.

ABC News ..today

On paper, Mitt Romney remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” until 2002. That is a fact, according to public filings with the SEC

abcnews.go.com...

This is picking up steam....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

And see the UPDATED article from the Washington Post above...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Romney camp: Obama's staff 'out-of-control'
www.washingtontimes.com...

"President Obama's campaign hit a new low today when one of its senior advisers made a reckless and unsubstantiated charge to reporters about Mitt Romney that was so over the top that it calls into question the integrity of their entire campaign," Mr. Rhoades said in a statement. "President Obama ought to apologize for the out-of-control behavior of his staff, which demeans the office he holds. Campaigns are supposed to be hard fought, but statements like those made by Stephanie Cutter belittle the process and the candidate on whose behalf she works."

You know, I do not wish ill upon anyone, but if Romney had to withdraw from the nomination. the only other horse still in the race is:

Ron Paul!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Bain that won't go away.

Romney, I feel your Bain.

Looks like this is going the a major headache for Romney.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The Bain that won't go away.

Romney, I feel your Bain.

Looks like this is going the a major headache for Romney.

Not really.. It just looks like it is helping push his numbers up because the independent voters and the republicans who didnt vote in the last election are up in arms and tired of it. This happens every election year. Forget about running on issues. Lets just see what we can dig up on the other guy. That will work. Right? Wrong.. The American public can see through it and if thats all you got then good. Its a lot better than doing cocain and and hanging out with communists. Dont ya think? Keep digging guys. Momentum is building. Need more dirt though.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by fourthmeal
He's going to jail soon anyway, for Federal election crimes. No need to worry much longer about this little hooligan psychopath.

Yes because all Hooligan phychopaths legally amass millions and try to keep it safe in banks that can actuall unsure it. I have asked this on many threads now. Can you tell me how much money american banks can insure? Do you understand why people put money in these overseas banks? And does it actually matter to you how much money he has? Why does that change your voting? Hell to me the more money he has the better. We need someone that knows how to turn a dime instead of doing dime bags.

I don't care how much money he has, what I care about is that he's the head boss of a crime syndicate, and he's going down in a ball of flames.

Ahh yes and all of the sources to back up your claim I see. How many sources was that? ZERO you say? Nice catch there buddy.. Try again. Just because you want something to be true really bad doesnt make it so. But I am sure if you shout loud enough a couple more of the obots will come in and help.

LOL.. I didn't say a word about sources, actually other than the original person who informed me of the fact.

Methinks you are directing energy at a brick wall, as all I have said is that he's a criminal and he'll be in jail soon. And the evidence for this will be shown in court cases (9th district of California, keep an eye out) soon enough. Richard Gilbert said so in his conference call to delegates, and said he's got the documents to back it up and it will be revealed in court. If you know anything about court proceedings, its usually best to just let what needs to come out, come out, in court at the right time, when the judge needs to see it. So, I will let your defensive posture deflate itself after all of this washes out in court. This will be done before the August GOP conference, btw, so we won't wait long.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheTardis

Keep digging?
U serious?

We're still seeing birther threads!
The only ones digging are the ones who cannot stand Obama. The media finding facts about Romney are a little different from random people trying to find Kenyan documents that don't exist.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Politics aside...this might turn into a legal problem...

Just in from ABC

Did Romney Break the Law?
abcnews.go.com...

Asked whether the Obama campaign was accusing Romney of breaking the law, the campaign wouldn’t say. But campaign lawyer Bob Bauer said in a statement:

“Romney and Bain claim that he was not involved with Bain, but Bain and its portfolio companies in their required filings under the Securities Exchange Act continuously certified to the Securities and Exchange Commission say precisely the opposite–asserting without qualification that he was a controlling person, fully in charge of Bain, under the Federal securities law. Under normal circumstances, the question of the truth of this representation would result in an investigation by the SEC into possible criminal, as well as civil, violations of the law.”

Robert Heim, a lawyer with the SEC from 1993 to 1999, said the confusion could “absolutely” be a problem for Romney.

“I think there is a sharp conflict between what Mitt Romney was saying his role was at Bain during his campaign appearances and what the SEC form that was filed describes his role as,” he said. “Certainly there can be legal consequences if the form that was filed with the SEC was inaccurate in any way.”

“There could be legal issues associated with his campaign forms with the FEC,” Heim added. “If Mitt Romney, in addition to making those statements on the campaign trail, also filed them with the Federal Election Committee, there could potentially be legal issues with his campaign finance disclosures into his employment background.”

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I believe you'll be seeing the end of this guy pretty soon, one way or another.

If you haven't noticed, the media is changing their tune lately. I'm not quite sure why, but I would recommend one stay vigilant and try to wade through the B.S, as always.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This also proves this thread:
Old Mitt's Investment in a ........

How are you going to argue with papers he filed with the government?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Not really.. It just looks like it is helping push his numbers up because the independent voters and the republicans who didnt vote in the last election are up in arms and tired of it.

Quit fooling yourself..Even Republicans have a problem with Romney... The only reason they are voting for him is because he seems to be their only option.

They would be better off with Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And another doc comes out...this found by CNN...Romney as President of Bain in 2002

i2.cdn.turner.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
From what I've been able to find, there is no criminal case or prosecution directed at Romney. This business with the 9th Circuit is a civil law suit to require the RNC to unbind it's delegates. Gilbert seems to have no interest in criminal charges, and as a private attorney it is impossible for him to bring criminal charges.

I understand hatred can slow down objective thinking, but it's important to look at both halves of the story.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You are talking about delegates and Ron Paul? Not to be snippy, but that is far from the topic.

There IS in fact legal questions about Romney's SEC and FEC filings and the fact they show opposing information about his tenure at Bain.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you turn on the news right now, they are hyping this up...

I felt there would be a turn from romney before the convention.

This makes room for Ron Paul to really shine through

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Mitt Romney: I was 100% owner and Chairman, CEO, and President Of A Company, but was not responsible for it in any way...elect me President!
edit on 12-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Dear Indigo5.

Sorry, I was responding to fourthmeals's post a little earlier on this page. I assumed that since no one was complaining about his statement about attorney Gilbert's criminal case against Romney, no one would complain when I said fourthmeal was incorrect.

But on Romney and the SEC filings, I am persuaded by the Washington Post article (and the articles it links to) that the was no criminality in Romney's statements about Bain. It's a pretty thorough article, if you can find the time, you might want to read it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
And another doc comes out...this found by CNN...Romney as President of Bain in 2002

i2.cdn.turner.com...

not to be picky, but the document is "as of Dec 31, 2000"

and dated March 15, 2001.

I thought Romney had a "leave of absence" anyway.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Indigo5

i2.cdn.turner.com...

not to be picky, but the document is "as of Dec 31, 2000"

and dated March 15, 2001.

I thought Romney had a "leave of absence" anyway.

Yes and Romney and his campaign has repeatedly claimed he left in Feb. 1999, almost two years earlier.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join