It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Chavez Not 'Serious' Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Iran's proxy wars against Isreal

Israel? That's the best you could come up with?

But Americans being killed by Iran in Iraq should make anyone upset but that won't and there will be those who will continue to defend them.

Yes it does upset me. I have friends and family that are serving or did in the recent past, but lets be honest.......they would not be dying if we never would have gone there! We went to war in the Middle East because of the very same thinking you apply to Iran!

Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Nope, but we invaded the country anyway.

Nuclear weapons in Iran? Not that we know, but you would invade them anyway!

Iran is control by "radical islam" hello?

All Islam is radical to you. So they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Iran has a history of using others for their own gain.

So do other nations....including the US. I don't see you applying the same standards to other nations. I believe that's what they call hypocrisy.

There is no such thing as the military industrial complex

Huh?
Hello! Earth to Neo! Come in NEO! I think we lost him Doctor.

Care to quote anywhere I called for action against them?

Doesn't you rhetoric automatically imply action be taken against them? What....do you want to have tea with them? Just because you don't have the balls to say it does not mean that your words do not dangerously imply just that.

I'll make it easier on both of us. Please link to any quote in which you say that we need to peacefully talk to nations like Iran before war comes upon us again.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Israel? That's the best you could come up with?

There was more to that post than just Isreal here it is again

Iran's proxy wars against Isreal, and the Us in Iraq,and Afghanistan funding Hamas,and Hezzbollah, then of course we have Syrians dying from Iranian arms, the assassinations attempts of the Isreali,and Saudi ambassdors, the kidnapping of 3 American kidnappers, the latest victim the suppose "mossad" spy.

.they would not be dying if we never would have gone there! We went to war in the Middle East because of the very same thinking you apply to Iran!

Who wouldn't be dying ?

Syrians?
Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Isreali's?
or the political prisoners in section 209?

Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Nope, but we invaded the country anyway.

Not interested in a dicsussion on what has already been done too many times even when both east and west inteligence agencies and Democratic congressman echo'd there were wmds there.

Nuclear weapons in Iran? Not that we know, but you would invade them anyway!

strike 1.

All Islam is radical to you. So they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Strike 2

So do other nations....including the US. I don't see you applying the same standards to other nations. I believe that's what they call hypocrisy.

Yeah it is hypocrisy when the US does it evil evil evil but when Iran does it pay no attention.

Doesn't you rhetoric automatically imply action be taken against them?

Strike 3

Imply? nope Assumption

Again quote it since some people are so ominicient and know what i am thinking quick tell me what tonites powerball numbers are.

edit on 11-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was a bit perplexed but i understand now.

This has nothing to do with international security and everything to do with the imminent election in the USA.

Its particularly amusing since the change in administration last time round changed nothing substantive in the national security arena and the next one wont either, no matter who wins.

Republican- "Elect Rommney, Obama is letting Venezuala open up the mine shaft gap. They're coming for your precious bodily fluids , and your guns"

Democrat- "Elect Obama, to get this time the change he promised you last time. This time he really means it, pinky swear and everything."

Farce.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who wouldn't be dying ?

Irrelevant. You were talking about Americans. Don't deflect just because you do not have a good answer.

Not interested in a dicsussion on what has already been done too many times even when both east and west inteligence agencies and Democratic congressman echo'd there were wmds there.

Oh really. I point out to you how your rhetoric is dangerous and give you an example of how so.....and you don't want to talk about it? Ok. I know that can be a sensitive subject.

strike 1.

Please inform me of your alternative plan of action.

Strike 2

Please show me anytime you have said anything positive about Islam. It's all radical to you.

Yeah it is hypocrisy when the US does it evil evil evil but when Iran does it pay no attention.

and visa versa. It goes both ways Neo. I don't see you applying the criteria equally.

Strike 3

Imply?

nope Assumption

What way should we take your statements then Neo? Please inform us how your remarks strive to reach a peaceful discussion with people you demonize without just cause!

There is but one way to receive what you are putting out. Like I said before, at least have the balls to admit it. Otherwise you are just tip-toeing around talking a good game and scared to stand by the intent you project.
edit on 11-7-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How exactly is Chavez a threat?

Can Venezuela invade us? Nope!

Can they block aid us? Nope!

Can they attack us with nukes? Nope!

Can they attack us with chemical or biological weapons? Nope!

Can they bomb our cities? Nope!

Can they attack us with drones? Nope!

Please explain how the country Venezuela a threat????

Or are they a threat because they lean left wing? And have a democratically elected government? And nationalized there oil industry to benefit the people?
edit on 11-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

read the thread. examples were given on the first page.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

LOL I have read the thread, please point out how Chavez is a threat????

Chavez isn't a threat you just hate Obama so much that you can't agree with anything he says no matter how foolish its makes you look.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Irrelevant. You were talking about Americans. Don't deflect just because you do not have a good answer.

Right that was" deflecting" after someone said :

Iran and Venezuela have not posed a threat to you, I or any other person on US soil. Sad but true. They have not attacked anyone.

Iran "never attacked anyone" seems that was a lie the Syrians,Isreali's, and Americans who have died from Iran say otherwise.

Oh really. I point out to you how your rhetoric is dangerous and give you an example of how so.....and you don't want to talk about it? Ok. I know that can be a sensitive subject.

Rhetoric?

What rhetoric?

Saying Iran is a threat, Venezula is a threat?

Rather sad that people can not be critical of fascist dictatorships.

and visa versa. It goes both ways Neo. I don't see you applying the criteria equally.

Pot calling the kettle.

What way should we take your statements then Neo? P

People have always been free to take what i say however they want and that includes twisting them to agendas like that has been done in several posts in this thread.

Still wating on the "dangeous" rhetoric being quoted.

Seems some would make the poster the topic instead of fascist murdering dictators.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Chavez used to be in bed with all of our favorite bad guys, like the Soviets. He is just like the Penguin from Batman's rogues gallery; he hooks up with anyone to attack ol' Bats.

Still -- if there is no such thing as a military industrial complex, lets take 40% of what we spend yearly on defense and put it into infrastructure, here -- at home. We can even make returning soldiers a priority for supervisory jobs. It would be nice to see things "made in America" again. Think of what it would do for the economy if most of the money flowed into economy at or just above street level, where it actually does "work."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Chavez is no threat to us or anyone else, except maybe for american energy corporations and anyone who is already scared of their own shadow. Furthermore, he's done more good for his people since being elected than anyone else did for generations before him.

Tell me, don't you ever get tired of posting this garbage from brietbart.com? The rest of us sure are! If we really wanted to read that crap we'd go there and do so on our own. I mean really, the guy was an absolute nut-job right up to the minute he imploded. I expect that Rush Limbaugh will probably meet a similar end soon and I for one, won't miss either one of those two idiots.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You either have no clue or you are being intentionally obtuse. Either way, I have things to do.

I would love to keep going in circles with you but I know eventually you will run into a corner..........did you get that?

So let me know when you decide to strap on your bb gun and invade Venuzuala. I'll bring the chips!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe Chavez isn't considered a threat anymore is because he will be dead soon?I would be surprised if the cancer doesn't take him within the next year.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

You either have no clue or you are being intentionally obtuse. Either way, I have things to do.

I would love to keep going in circles with you but I know eventually you will run into a corner..........did you get that?

So let me know when you decide to strap on your bb gun and invade Venuzuala. I'll bring the chips!

Someone made some claims how about quoting the rhetoric.

Can't so they run off.

Who said this:

No, you and people like you are the threat. You never produce evidence to back up your claims yet you call for action against another sovereign nation just because you are a scared little pansy. If we did things your way, we would have killed a bunch of people for no reason and no evidence to justify it.

If you had your way, we would have flattened the entire Middle East.....South America....Mexico....China(actually all places Asian folk live).......and every place in America where people on food stamps and welfare live.

Doesn't you rhetoric automatically imply action be taken against them? What....do you want to have tea with them? Just because you don't have the balls to say it does not mean that your words do not dangerously imply just that

Someone want to show the evidence of these accusations?

Back to Chavez.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Look at 95% of your posts...they are filled with rhetorical propaganda.

The real problem is that you don't understand it or you are purposefully playing dumb.

You can play all the games you want but people such as myself can see right through your bull#.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Chavez is not a threat. How many of you who think Chazez is a scary dangerous guy have been to South America? I am not talking about staying at a resort. I am talking about being married to a South American woman like myself and have traveled and lived in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Peru? Chavez is another leader in South America and really a tiny blip on the radar. The only reason the American Exceptionalists hate Chavez is becuase they have been programmed to. Whaa whaa whaa Chavez will not give us his oil....whaa whaa whaaaaa.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

How the President views Chavez will not have any impact on latino or South American voters. The only people who really care about Chavez are Venezuelans (sp) and Americans programmed to think he is the devil.

edit on 11-7-2012 by SebastianQuinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Chavez is only a threat because he has refused to submit to becoming part of the International central banking scam, he shares the profits from oil with the people of Venezuela and keeps it dirt cheap for them as well.

Ohh nooos! He's using free-market capitalism to sell his products to people that want to buy it?
Damn capitalists!

The US buys and sells with China...does that mean we are a threat to our own security?

I'm sorry, but stuff like this my children can see right through. Why do grown adults try to insult our intelligence by not only writing this sort of crap, but believing it?

A whole lotta "win" in this post!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

"what Mr. Chávez has done over the last several years has not had a serious national security impact on us."

Maybe you would like to disprove the President's Statement?

How has Chavez had a "serious national security impact" on the USA?

I know he is friends with Iran..so is Russia...so is China..China and Russia support North Korea...Russia sold attack helicopters to the Syrians...but what about the USA???..

What has Venezuela done that has had a "serious national security impact" on the USA

Cuz all I have seen is a lot of political drivel and fear mongering when in reality the President simply stated a FACT.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Can Venezuela invade us? Nope!

Can they block aid us? Nope!

Can they attack us with nukes? Nope!

Can they attack us with chemical or biological weapons? Nope!

Can they bomb our cities? Nope!

Can they attack us with drones? Nope!

Please explain how the country Venezuela a threat????

Listen up...a lot of politicians and military contractors (who are often one in the same)...worked very hard to build this military boondogle and start two wars, one of which they had to lie through thier teethe to get going.. and if you think they are going to sit idly by while those wars wrap up and wind down, watch that river of gold evaporate and do nothing about it, you have another thing comming!!!

Daddy has private jet payments to make!!! It's going to be Iran, North Korea or Venezuela...and with a little luck maybe all three....just keep your head down like good cattle and vote our boy Mitt in!!
edit on 11-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Cuz the Obama Docterine involves special forces, limited strategic strikes and actually killing real terrorists, not invading countries where someone told us that they talked to some guy that said there might be Al-Qaida and WMDs there.

Still makes Obama a murder.

Well Pres. Bush invaded Afghanistan with 100k troops, 2k of them ended up casualties at a cost of Trillions in taxpayer dollars...looking for the man who masterminded 9-11...almost 10 years ...no Osama.

President Obama found him in Pakistan and sent the Navy Seals to go knock on his door in the middle of the night. No casualties...in and out in an hour.

I prefer the Obama Docterine.

Measure it in dollars or body bags or any way you like. I will take the Obama Docterine to the Bush/GOP/Military-industrial complex Docterine any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join