It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 23rd Cromosome.....Evolution is Wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Please Diamond, start a blog somewhere and block people's comments. Then you wouldn't need to put up with those pesky people who come up with hard facts and may destroy your strange little world.
Very interesting how some things are frozen in time.Anyway I don't like blogs and I don't block anything.

Your contribution to the thread is very important.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Genetics and Adam and Eve? Really. So if you big into genetics and god please explain how it is we are not all mongoloid, web toed and mentally challenged? Since we all from two "parents" at some point god was OK with incest right? Or maybe all the genetic proof that you need a large enough breeding population for any animal to reproduce successfully is wrong? You can't put genetics and the Adam and Eve story together they contradict each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Genetics and Adam and Eve? Really. So if you big into genetics and god please explain how it is we are not all mongoloid, web toed and mentally challenged?
We live a very small amount of time,so we don't know at that scale from that and I repeat from that point how things evolved and in what period of time.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

Agreed but.... the story goes that we are all offspring of Adam and Eve right? We can't just go changing the story to fit new science. If we are sticking to the story who did Cain and Able marry and where did these folks come from? Why is there no mention of god making some more people? Were they here already? If so we are not all related to Adam and Eve. I am willing to consider your story but It's not adding up. I admit I was not exposed to the bible and christian theology as a child maybe there is some part of the story I am missing.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I am willing to consider your story but It's not adding up. I admit I was not exposed to the bible and christian theology as a child maybe there is some part of the story I am missing.
The number it is not important the story doesn't make a scientific fact but the scientific fact can make this story viable.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well I am over this thread I am willing to consider your facts but you don't seem to be supplying any.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Well I am over this thread I am willing to consider your facts but you don't seem to be supplying any.
Sorry I couldn't do more...I understand your finesse.

Ideas are not facts.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yeah, you can't read or count...

We have 46 chromosomes, which is made of 22 pairs (44!!) plus the two sex ones...

I came to the same conclusion, either he can't read (what he has posted) or count. Or he might be just thinking of Tool song 46 and 2. (And he might learn something new in the youtube video as well
)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One more thing....

In fact the enjoyment of sex among humans and among animals may be similar in that it's all experienced in very primitive parts of the brain.

Really wild orgasms

Not only do animals enjoy the deed, they also likely have orgasms, he said. They are difficult to measure directly but by watching facial expressions, body movements and muscle relaxation, many scientists have concluded that animals reach a pleasurable climax, he said.

Then why do, say, wolves abstain most of the year? "It is not that they don’t like it, it is just who they are," Bekoff said. In the wild, having sex makes one vulnerable to attack. For example, a male wolf gets "locked" inside the female for up to a half hour, he said. Besides, if wolves got it on during the summer, it would be poor family planning; their delicate pups would be born in the dead of winter, he said.

Humans, though, are not alone in wanting sex regardless of reproductive timing. Bonobos and possibly dolphins also pursue sex recreationally, Bekoff said.

Al that said, we can never completely know another being's emotional state, Bekoff points out, adding that it can even be hard to judge that of a human. And we can't ask a tomcat how his date went last night.

Kent Berridge, a biopsychologist at the University of Michigan, compared the brain activity and facial expressions of animals to that of a more readable creature: human infants. When given something pleasurable to taste, both rats and humans make almost identical mouth shapes and sucking motions. Their brain reactions also mirror one another. If we believe the infant "enjoys" the sweet taste based on her pleasant expression, it follows that the rat likely enjoys it too.

Source: Live Science

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

I came to the same conclusion, either he can't read (what he has posted) or count
I am sorry but you do not understand but what I was expecting of....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

In one sentence you said we have 46 chromosomes, but in first line you started with this:

We all have 46 chromosomes plus either two copies of the X chromosome, or one X plus one Y chromosome.

In your math world 46+2 = 46.

If you need it explained in color, let me know...

Why do I have a feeling that this (genetics) is fairly new for you?!
edit on 11-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

In one sentence you said we have 46 chromosomes, but in first line you started with this:

We all have 46 chromosomes plus either two copies of the X chromosome, or one X plus one Y chromosome.

In your math world 46+2 = 46.

If you need it explained in color, let me know...

Why do I have a feeling that this (genetics) is fairly new for you?!

To err is human,you know very well that this was not my intention and that can be seen from a distance ,sorry I cannot modify it says "You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post."

We all have 46 chromosomes plus(minus) either two copies of the X chromosome, or one X plus one Y chromosome.

But of course I should be executed...!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Denying ignorance is the motto of this website. Because of this, posting one liners is violation of the rules and regulations here. That's why threads like this go absolutely nowhere. It's one thing to share ideas, but making statements and asserting them as facts without proof is worthless, especially when you're talking about an established peer reviewed subject of study. There's no point in even sharing if you won't explain yourself beyond cryptic one liners. I say this because I enjoy engaging in deep / detailed conversations. It is mentally stimulating for me and promotes intelligent discussion for all, instead of useless bickering and arguing over semantics.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Are we not the only living species that have two chromosomes fused together? I kind of find that rather odd.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

To err is human,you know very well that this was not my intention and that can be seen from a distance ,sorry I cannot modify it says "You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post."

We all have 46 chromosomes plus(minus) either two copies of the X chromosome, or one X plus one Y chromosome.

But of course I should be executed...!

It took us 4 hours to explain you how wrong you are? Shame on us!

I would call this - really bad start.

In the order to prove something, you have to have something called evidence, and in this case, you lack it.

From number of chromosomes (if I remember correctly, Australian Aboriginal people have 44 chromosomes total (42+2) ) and then to the fact that animals according to research are enjoying sex and some of them using sex for recreation as well (dolphin and baboons).

You would find all of those facts by your self if you just did care to do real research.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

It took us 4 hours to explain you how wrong you are?
So error is as wrong as a mistake.
You are Hero.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Denying ignorance is the motto of this website. Because of this, posting one liners is violation of the rules and regulations here. That's why threads like this go absolutely nowhere. It's one thing to share ideas, but making statements and asserting them as facts without proof is worthless, especially when you're talking about an established peer reviewed subject of study. There's no point in even sharing if you won't explain yourself beyond cryptic one liners. I say this because I enjoy engaging in deep / detailed conversations. It is mentally stimulating for me and promotes intelligent discussion for all, instead of useless bickering and arguing over semantics.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)
I thought the Inquisition was gone long ago but it seemed not.And double standards.
edit on 11-7-2012 by diamondoftheworld because: Double standards

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
how does this prove evolution wrong???

the only thing its convincing me of is that creationists have too much time on their hands

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So to correct mistake

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld
We all have 44 chromosomes plus either two copies of the X chromosome, or one X plus one Y chromosome.

A karyotype (Greek karyon = kernel, seed or nucleus) is the number and appearance of chromosomes in the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell. The term is also used for the complete set of chromosomes in a species, or an individual organism.[1][2][3] Karyotypes describe the number of chromosomes, and what they look like under a light microscope. Attention is paid to their length, the position of the centromeres, banding pattern, any differences between the sex chromosomes, and any other physical characteristics.[4] The preparation and study of karyotypes is part of cytogenetics. Karyogram of human male using Giemsa staining The study of whole sets of chromosomes is sometimes known as karyology. The chromosomes are depicted (by rearranging a microphotograph) in a standard format known as a karyogram or idiogram: in pairs, ordered by size and position of centromere for chromosomes of the same size. The basic number of chromosomes in the somatic cells of an individual or a species is called the somatic number and is designated 2n. Thus, in humans 2n = 46. In the germ-line (the sex cells) the chromosome number is n (humans: n = 23).[2]p28 So, in normal diploid organisms, autosomal chromosomes are present in two copies. There may, or may not, be sex chromosomes. Polyploid cells have multiple copies of chromosomes and haploid cells have single copies. The study of karyotypes is important for cell biology and genetics, and the results may be used in evolutionary biology and medicine. Karyotypes can be used for many purposes; such as to study chromosomal aberrations, cellular function, taxonomic relationships, and to gather information about past evolutionary events.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the garden of Eden lived Adam and Eve.That was the paradise-garden on Earth.

They could eat any fruit they want to from the trees in that garden except the forbiden fruit from the tree of knowledge.

But the snake tempt them.

he Eden story, which takes up chapters 2 to 4 of the Book of Genesis, tells how the Abrahamic God creates the first man and puts him in a paradise-garden in Eden. Before making the first woman, God tells the man that he may eat the fruit of any of the trees in the garden except that of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God then forms the first woman (named Eve) and Genesis 2 ends with a note that the man and woman "were naked and felt no shame". A talking snake subsequently tempts the woman to eat the fruit with the promise of knowledge. The woman and the man both eat, become aware of their nakedness and make coverings for themselves. God, aware that the first humans now have knowledge, banishes them from the garden lest they eat from the Tree of Life and live forever.

en.wikipedia.org...

And only then Humans started to breed.

From all the living creatures on Earth Humans are the only one that are aware of their nakedness.

From all the creatures on Earth Humans are the only ones aware of the sexual act.

That is the Forbiden Apple.

perfectbodybywii.blogspot.com

That is The 23rd Cromosome.

The 23rd chromosome is the sex chromosome. It is either an X or Y (strictly male) chromosome. When the sperm and egg cells fuse, they combine into 46 chromosomes with either two X chromosomes or an XY pairing. If it is 2 X chromosomes, the zygote is a female. If it an XY pairing, the zygote is a male. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

wiki.answers.com...

What if your fetus is missing the 23rd Chromosome? I know from genetics that a missing 23rd chromosome results in just an X chromosome, which is better known as Turner's syndrome...but this only results in girls. Does anyone know what the name is for a male with a missing 23rd chromosome? Or if it's even possible to have a male with only 1 X chromosome. Thanks.

All normal males have only one X chromosome, by definition. ;-) They have one X and one Y. (Normal females are XX.)

A fetus that was YO (as Turner's females are XO, meaning that there is no second chromosome) would not be viable. There are a lot of important genes on that X chromosome.

It is, however, possible to have a male with two X chromosomes (XXY). They have a syndrome known as Kleinfelter's. It is also possible to have XYY (two Y chromosomes). These males tend to be taller than average but are otherwise normal.
Source(s):
Fourth year medical student.

answers.yahoo.com...

The Proof....

Turner syndrome

Turner syndrome or Ullrich-Turner syndrome (also known as "Gonadal dysgenesis"[1]:550), 45 XO, encompasses several conditions in human females, of

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Anyway a great event took place today,I wonder if you'll ever understand which is that.....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join