It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 23rd Cromosome.....Evolution is Wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Trust me, public nudity is only a crime if there is an intent to "cause alarm or distress".
It's a question of common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

By and large, it is. In cultures without exposure to the 3 main Abrahamic religions, nudity is far more accepted. It's only when missionaries turn up and tell them it is wrong to be naked do they then cover up... Nudity wasn't something to be ashamed of in Ancient Greece or Rome, until the arrival of Christianity that is..

I'm not say it is always down to religion, but it's hard to deny in most cases.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Besides all that, the only thing I'm questioning is how do you know that humans are the only animal that are aware that the sexual act is just that: a sexual act.
Because Humans know that all other creatures do not realize that and because Humans should make Love not sex

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld
reply to post by cloudwatcher

You are young in your walk and are still under the delusion of indoctrination.
Oh possible ...but the spirit of observation tells that I didn't pronounce the name God during this entire thread.

Quoting His word..no? You obviously believe in the story of creation and as an extension....God.
You ashamed of Him?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You lost all credibility when you mentioned Adam and Eve, mainly because you used fiction to try and debunk evolution.

Like a few posters, I don't understand how saying that Adam and Eve existed, and that we have 46 chromosomes in each cellular nucleus is in any way disproving evolution.

Also, naming a sex-chromosome malfunction isn't proof that evolution is wrong, its just a simple mutation, or when the chromosomes duplicate themselves in the zygote, the X chromosome simple didn't duplicate, leaving 1 X chromosome, simples.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Quoting His word..no? You obviously believe in the story of creation and as an extension....God.
It is impossible to define God as He better to think what it is God!

You ashamed of Him?
Should I?If yes then my life here on Earth as flesh will last forever..hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I read it twice. I still don't get the statement "evolution is wrong"

Evolution isn't perfect, and (I think) if we don't evolve, we devolve.
Maybe with evolution, comes devolution at the same time.

Is this evolution vs creationism?

I'm not religious, and I don't see how this helps the creationist argument at all.

People aren't perfect.

Who made us imperfect? Evolution? Devolution? A creator?

I'd rather have evolution making mistakes along the way, than a supposedly perfect, all knowing creator....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

You lost all credibility when you mentioned Adam and Eve, mainly because you used fiction to try and debunk evolution.
I cannot loose what I never had.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Who made us imperfect? Evolution? Devolution? A creator?
We when we started degenerating as a species because own actions.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Malcher

By and large, it is. In cultures without exposure to the 3 main Abrahamic religions, nudity is far more accepted. It's only when missionaries turn up and tell them it is wrong to be naked do they then cover up... Nudity wasn't something to be ashamed of in Ancient Greece or Rome, until the arrival of Christianity that is..

I'm not say it is always down to religion, but it's hard to deny in most cases.

Much of what we read regarding how people lived in those times is either conjecture or flat out made up. Some with good intentions and some not. Suffice it to say they were more advanced than we like to give credit for.

I mean, do you or anyone really know what the norms were for these people? or did someone just have to fill up a book?

Actually wherever fluids come out of seem to get covered up. Seems to me there is good reason for this.

Let me ask you, is it due to Christianity that we dont all just walk into a crowded elevator completely naked?
edit on 11-7-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Rome or Greece certainly weren't conjecture, we have primary sources for what they got up too. (A primary source in History is one written by someone there).. Nude games, orgies, naked entertainers, slaves etc..

And we can see even today, when a tribe is discovered in the Amazon, they were no clothes. It's only after Western contact that they "learn" it is "shameful"...

None of it is conjecture, in fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Let me ask you, is it due to Christianity that we dont all just walk into a crowded elevator completely naked?

The warmer it gets, the less clothes I wear. The fact I don't go completely naked when in town is really down to A) other peoples reactions I can't be arsed to deal with (again, a learnt behaviour as we were all happy to run around naked as kids) B) I live in a bloody chilly country.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm starting to think this guy's a troll. None of his posts contain any kind of substance. He has also been asked a number of times to explain how evolution is wrong and he keeps ignoring those posts. I suggest we just ignore this thread and let it die a natural death.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to [url= by Malcher[/url]

Rome or Greece certainly weren't conjecture, we have primary sources for what they got up too. (A primary source in History is one written by someone there).. Nude games, orgies, naked entertainers, slaves etc..

And we can see even today, when a tribe is discovered in the Amazon, they were no clothes. It's only after Western contact that they "learn" it is "shameful"...

Its exactly the same with homosexuality and the taboo surrounding sex in general.

All thanks to what a few desert dwellers thought was moral 2000 years ago....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ah, I love when creationists try to say evolution is wrong without providing a single piece of evidence or even explaining why and then responding with nothing but quick one liners that clearly show severe lack of knowledge about science, evolution or anything in between. Yeah, good luck with that.

Please stop the war on science. Nobody cares about your fundamentalist beliefs. They are among a tiny minority of religious people and steadily declining. Science is perfectly compatible with your religion. Just stop taking ancient stories that have been translated and cherry picked a multitude of times as literal absolute truth. That notion is silly.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

i concur - his OP was utterly illogical -- he simply quoted several external sources and " concluded " that ` evolution is wrong ` -

he was asked to explain why his quoted text led to the conclusion - and instead of answering - moveded swiftly on to other claims

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Already explained in the OP ,no worries today is 11 July 2012 and.....no great event yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Diamondoftheworld seems to always create threads like this. Throws out some half-ar*ed stuff and then ignores what he doesn't like, whilst answering others with absolutely irrelevant one liners.

It would be nice if he could at least think about what people put down but he doesn't put out his 'ideas' because he likes to discuss them. He puts them out there and then sticks his fingers in his ears not wanting to hear anything that may prove hm wrong.

Please Diamond, start a blog somewhere and block people's comments. Then you wouldn't need to put up with those pesky people who come up with hard facts and may destroy your strange little world.

I would love to add to this thread something scientific but I won't. It would make absolutely no difference to the OP and would just feed something lacking in his life that I am not keen to supply.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Yes...and we do those same things today. The problem comes in when someone, who wants to make a movie or write a book decides this was the norm...and you buy it. No offense but too many people buy into heresay and conjecture (for the sake of books and movies) hook, line and sinker.

Look at China and other Asian countries, do they walk around naked or did they even centuries ago? Not to my knowledge.

"And we can see even today, when a tribe is discovered in the Amazon, they were no clothes. It's only after Western contact that they "learn" it is "shameful"..."

First of all, i never used the word "shameful", what i did was explain it really isnt only about shame. I think hygiene and safe practices comes into it. I have seen picture of Amazon tribe people covered up in certain areas and if they had access to the proper material i am sure they covered up as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

I would love to add to this thread something scientific but I won't.
Please add.

t would be nice if he could at least think about what people put down but he doesn't put out his 'ideas' because he likes to discuss them.
That is what I did, discuss them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join