It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Police Beating Pregnant Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Did San Antonio Police Officers use excessive force on a pregnant woman? That's what the Department is looking into tonight, after a Fox San Antonio viewer shot video of three officers holding down a pregnant woman. One of those officers hits her repeatedly.

It was the sound of a woman screaming that caught Lorenzo Rios's attention. "All I heard was her yelling to get off me, I heard her yell I'm pregnant," said Rios. So, he started to record this video with his cell phone. "She was already cuffed and they started to beat her, which I don't think was right. It was pretty messed up. She was already down and pretty small compared to the other officers."

Full article and video

Every day we see more and more acts of police brutality against unarmed civilians. Some are teens, some women. An endless abuse of their power. Make sure if you see police with someone pulled over or being questioned in public you are keeping a safe distance and observe/videotape them if possible. Incidents like this are becoming more and more frequent. Also, know your rights! The best weapon against them is to know the law. They get off on a civilian's ignorance. Knowledge of the law and your rights makes them impotent!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

"Size makes no difference, it's the amount of fight in the person," said Chief William McManus, San Antonio Police.

Right. Three big cops.

he goes on...

We counted eight hits in the video, but the police report only says there were four or five. "Whether it was four or five or whether it was 8, it's really irrelevant if the officer felt he needed to strike her 8 times in order to get her to comply and put handcuffs on, then that's how many times he struck her," said McManus.

Yeah, it doesnt matter if the cops lied on their report.

Kudos on the dude who took the video and was willing to be interviewed on teevee. I hope he moves out of the area soon, or he may get a visit from the cops.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic

Tell this lady to shut her trap better be lucky
the officer wasnt having a bad day

Great point! This is what cops do on a GOOD day. Beating a woman who is on the ground, while two other cops hold her is #ing fun to them! Now, on a bad day, they might just shoot her!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

She was a pregnant prostitute using heroin?

Hard to be sad for her, but the cops do seem to take these types of things far more seriously than they need to. Is it really that necessary to arrest a pregnant prostitute drug addict?

I don't know what to say about this video and the state of our urban areas. I can't say anything nice about anyone involved, and anything I might say that wasn't nice would probably get DHS attention.

link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yeah. I'm sure those officers felt really threatened by a pregnant woman. And even if she was fighting them, wouldn't it make sense in the context that she felt threatened and was protecting her unborn child? Survival instinct at all.

But that's the police "fraternity" for ya. Always sticking up for their own no matter what. Chances are these cops will get off with a slap on the wrist, at most.

link   

Originally posted by mrballistic
post removed by staff

Please tell me you are being sarcastic....

The woman had a warrant against her but the police had no right to strike her in any way.

She did not commit a violent act.

She was struck 8 times while already restrained.

Plus didn't your mother or father ever tell you a man should never hit a woman..... ?
edit on Fri Jul 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Says who? The video starts after she is already on the ground. For all we know she kicked the cop in the balls, headbutted them and bit their fingers. We can't see what is going on at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, for me, I do feel bad for her. For one, if she is an addict and a prostitute, what put her in that position? Drug addiction is no joke. I've had people very close to me in life who were once addicts. My heart goes out to addicts. Also if she was a drug addict and a prostitute that's no excuse for beating her.

For two, how do we know that she was a drug addict and a prostitute? Could just be propaganda to poison the people against her and justify the actions of the police.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
For all we know she kicked the cop in the balls, headbutted them and bit their fingers. We can't see what is going on at all.

Then the police need to make that info publicly known and show us the evidence of said assault against them. Let's see some bruises, some cuts, bite marks, something.

Also, women are generally weaker than men, especially three trained police officers. There are ways a woman can be subdued without having to use physical violence against her or strike her, especially 8 times.
edit on 10-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Zaanny

Says who? The video starts after she is already on the ground. For all we know she kicked the cop in the balls, headbutted them and bit their fingers. We can't see what is going on at all.

That's right a pregnant 100 pound girl vs 3 burly men.... Good thing they beat her with cuffs on. she was definitely a threat to them.

Seriously.....

THEY" HAD NO RIGHT TO LAY A GOD DAM FINGER ON HER OTHER THAN CUFFS !!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh crap, and this pisses me off. She is on heroin, and telling the cops not to beat her because she is pregnant?!!! So now you worry about the baby? Excessive force pisses me off, make no mistake about it, but as someone who has been around a preemie going through drug withdrawal, I am hard pressed to feel bad for her and her "concern" for her unborn. Christ on a cracker.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
Oh crap, and this pisses me off. She is on heroin, and telling the cops not to beat her because she is pregnant?!!! So now you worry about the baby? Excessive force pisses me off, make no mistake about it, but as someone who has been around a preemie going through drug withdrawal, I am hard pressed to feel bad for her and her "concern" for her unborn. Christ on a cracker.

Regardless of her personal situation it all boils down to rights and this is a clear violation of human rights....

link   
reply to post by artnut

So because she is allegedly a heroin addict you aren't concerned for her baby? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Whether she is a heroin addict or not she nor her baby deserved to get a beat down like that. If the baby died as a result of that beating the police officers would be guilty of murder.

link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I ride both sides of this fence. I've been the victim of police harassment several times and even got one police officer fired over it, but I've also got a lot of friends who are great cops.

I've been in jail when a guy was picking a fight with officers, and begging for one of them to take off their uniform and come into his cell, and eventually one of them did, and man did he regret his words! But, it was 1 on 1, fair fight, and he asked for it, its hard to feel sorry for him.

I've also known addicts and prostitutes, and I just don't buy the sob stories. When people alienate every good person in their life, and they end up on rock bottom, they usually deserve it. I've tried to help some of those people, and it has never worked out.

BUT, on the other hand, I know our police forces are getting more and more comfortable with excessive violence, and I know a video like this won't result in Rodney King level attention like it did 20 years ago. These days we are used to it, and halfway expect it, and the cops are getting away with a lot of terrible things.

I say we would have been better off if a dumptruck would have ripped through that whole scene and put everyone out of their misery.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

Regardless of her personal situation it all boils down to rights and this is a clear violation of human rights....

I guess the baby has no rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
any debunkers wanna touch this one? I didn't think so. just more proof we live on a prison planet. cops beating on a pregnant woman. whats next taser the babies? these (PIGS) should be arrested but this story will fade fast. they don't want the boys in blue looking too bad. when will people say enough is enough? no more brutality do your job serve and protect not abuse and intimidate

truly disgusting

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

I guess the baby has no rights.

Tell that to the cops that were assaulting her on the ground with manly punches....
edit on 10-7-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

\
I've also known addicts and prostitutes, and I just don't buy the sob stories. When people alienate every good person in their life, and they end up on rock bottom, they usually deserve it. I've tried to help some of those people, and it has never worked out.

I know what you mean. And it's easy for me to put myself in these officers shoes. They are trying to detain someone who is unruly, possibly even drugged up, and who might be flailing about screaming in a manner that is over-the-top in terms of what is actually happening to her.

BUT, the reality is I have a hard time believing 3 cops cant hold this woman down and cuff her without having to strike her 8 times. That's hard to not see any other way than abuse of power.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join