It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Police Beating Pregnant Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Exactly, Zaanny. No matter if your intentions are good, it is still breaking the law holding someone against their will in your private residence unless they are your child and a minor and you are their legal guardian. You cannot hold a loved one against their will, drug addict or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"I dont need to watch the video, what happened is what my officer told me happened"

Well, that just says it all.

They are not cops, they are gangsters.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Update:

Her family also claims the 21-year-old self-admitted heroine user was pregnant. But sources tell Fox San Antonio that Rios underwent a routine pregnancy test, and that she was never pregnant.

www.foxsanantonio.com...
edit on 10-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Pregnant, heroin user, she had purple hair ....

I really don't care what excuse you want to spin it into.

They had ZERO reason to assault her.

These cops have ZERO right to lay their hands on ANYONE.

Since when has upholding the law included assault and battery.

These cops arrest people for assaulting others.

They know what assault means.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well that's not really much of an update. I mean "anonymous sources"? I don't do anonymous sources. Also, if she wasn't pregnant perhaps she said so so that the cops wouldn't beat her ass. I'd lie about being pregnant too if it would get me out of a beatdown by some cops. Pregnant or not they shouldn't have beat her ass. I'll stand by that statement.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Actually I am wrong they committed battery on her.

Wiki

In law, assault is a crime which involves causing a victim to apprehend violence. The term is often confused with battery, which involves physical contact. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1][2] Assault in some US jurisdictions[which?] is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in the majority of the United States, and in England and Wales and all other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Well that's not really much of an update. I mean "anonymous sources"? I don't do anonymous sources. Also, if she wasn't pregnant perhaps she said so so that the cops wouldn't beat her ass. I'd lie about being pregnant too if it would get me out of a beatdown by some cops. Pregnant or not they shouldn't have beat her ass. I'll stand by that statement.

Indeed. Anonymous 'sources'

I'm just posting they news site's updates to your article, not vouching for their credibility.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ah. OK. Thanks, Stang.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic
To bad the lady and the baby were no killed.

Population control..

DARWIN AWARD anyone..

Tell this lady to shut her trap better be lucky
the officer wasnt having a bad day

I only believe in prison for psychopaths, or sociopaths, but you're drawing close to the line. You can practice what you preach and shut yours.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
any debunkers wanna touch this one? I didn't think so. just more proof we live on a prison planet. cops beating on a pregnant woman. whats next taser the babies? these (PIGS) should be arrested but this story will fade fast. they don't want the boys in blue looking too bad. when will people say enough is enough? no more brutality do your job serve and protect not abuse and intimidate

truly disgusting

I'm not what you call a debunker but I will have a crack.

Where the handcuffs already on her or was she resisting them and the punches were to force compliance?
How would you force someone to comply with being cuffed? Bend their arms back till you dislocate their shoulders?
She was hit but they did not seem like death blows. In the heat of the moment do you count how many repetitions in your actions and 100% accurately recall them hours later? Maybe he thought he only hit her 4-5 times & didn't have the ability to go back and check a video.
She was still kicking her legs round even after the punches stopped, was she trying to kick the cops?
Is there a front on pic of the woman, 2 months prego isn't much & crack addicts aren't known for their honesty.
Whats with all the sexists in this place WOMAN>man apparently so much for equality.
Have you ever had to arrest/detain/fight a violent criminal who is high on drugs?
Size only matters when you are talking about penises or your girls dress size, don't believe me there are plenty of 5ft nothing people around you don't want to f%$# with including 1 of my all time sporting heroes Konstantin Borisovich "Kostya" Tszyu.

While police brutality is on the rise let us see things from their position occasionally.
Hay Frank see that woman over there she is a known criminal off her head on drugs possibly AIDS or Hep infested, quite likely armed, and no way in hell is coming quietly so just kiss your kids and wife bye for the day and go quietly & peacefully detain her for me.
My response would be have ya tin badge back & find yourself another sucker to risk his life when their will be no thanks just abuse.
I asked a friend who is a GOOD cop once why they use such hard take downs even when it looks like someone has given up, his response was it's safer for everyone cause they might be bluffing or change their minds at the last minute. They could be armed and just waiting for a chance to draw you in, you have to be in complete control of the situation to get that close to someone & if you fumble you or someone else might get hurt so overwhelming use of force and taking them by surprise is the best option, sort of shock & awe tactic.

If all the cop haters out their become cops maybe things would be different. I doubt it cause those people would probably be dead or burned out in 6months.
Maybe more violent and reactive cops is a result of more violent and reactive citizens.

How would others of handled the situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

"Maybe more violent and reactive cops is a result of more violent and reactive citizens."

And now we're defending police brutality and blaming it on the general population? Fine. I'll do you one better. Maybe more violent and reactive citizens is a result of more violent and reactive cops.

See? It can go both ways. No, thanks. I'll blame those who abuse their authority. I'll blame those who are at fault. I'll blame those who are sworn to protect and serve but do nothing but attack and harass. The ones who hide behind their badges and who are high on their own power and authority.

And this is not an indictment of all cops. Just the dirty cops. Just the violent cops. Just the cops with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Cops who beat handcuffed women or shoot unarmed men in the back.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Yeah. I'm sure those officers felt really threatened by a pregnant woman. And even if she was fighting them, wouldn't it make sense in the context that she felt threatened and was protecting her unborn child? Survival instinct at all.

But that's the police "fraternity" for ya. Always sticking up for their own no matter what. Chances are these cops will get off with a slap on the wrist, at most.

exactly, her hormones are going through the roof, and they did not take circumstances into account. Cops or not, if I ever saw something like this, screw filming it, these guys are gonna get beat down. and I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's just a matter of time before someone who is a bit more extreme, or fed up see's something like this, sticks a barrel out of a window, and plays deer hunter with a pig. That day is coming all too soon, and I can't say I'm gonna feel real bad for the first knuckle head to get it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Assuming she was a dope hooker, she obviously didnt care enough about the baby to stop using drugs and hookin..so no sympathy about her being preggers. you get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

As far as the cops go, the ones where I am shot a guy for swingin a broomstick at them. maybe she should have just complied.

People don't beat up cops when they come at em, people kill cops when they come at em. See the difference?

Did she deserve to get man handled? maybe not, but then that is her profession isnt it? And without a full view of what actually led up to it in the first place, theres no way to come to a solid judgement either way.

Is what it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
still my most favorite video of all time. www.youtube.com...
Every time us citizens witness something like this, this is what we need to do. I bet a lot of cops would stop their shenanigans quick, but then it comes down to escalation of force. But it needs to start somewhere, and with someone. We can't let law enforcement officers keep getting away with crimes like these. We call them the gestapo because we let them be that way with no fear of any recourse.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Let me guess. This will go to the Chief of Piggies and he will say, "After review, the piggie did what was standard Pig Enforcement Procedure. He wont be fired"

The piggie will be back on the street beating up more people.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

People don't beat up cops when they come at em, people kill cops when they come at em. See the difference?

Yeah, you keep believing that. I can name thousands of examples where cops do just that, or worse. Look up the case of Jordan Miles here in Pittsburgh.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Yeah. Look at them running!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

She was a pregnant prostitute using heroin?

Hard to be sad for her, but the cops do seem to take these types of things far more seriously than they need to. Is it really that necessary to arrest a pregnant prostitute drug addict?

I don't know what to say about this video and the state of our urban areas. I can't say anything nice about anyone involved, and anything I might say that wasn't nice would probably get DHS attention.

I remember we had a little debate regarding your freemasonry, you got on your high horse and told me that Freemasons do not let non spiritual people in "for good reason".. Apparently if you are not spiritual or do not believe in god it is impossible to have civility!

Well way to show how much civility such a spiritual person as yourself has! I can see now why the freemasons let you in!

Do you know her history? Do you know what she has been through? Oh but you will just jump to the aid of the cops right? Thats because you have some lovely pig mates ay? Tell me how many of your pig friends will bust in someones door for the crime of ingesting certain substances? How many of your pig mates will then kidnap that person and have them locked in prison? How many of your pig mates will steal that persons property?

What a joke! Glad you showed your true colors though, now we all know eh!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't condone the beating at all but lets not care that she is pregnant because she sure doesn't' if she is running heroine and prostituting herself then a healthy baby isn't really a concern of hers and she shouldn't be using at as a sympathy shield. That being said I once again state i do not condone the beating but lets keep some perspective.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yet another one for the books! How many times are we going to see these situations before something is truly done! I dont know what the hell to do, thats for sure! This like the others will fizzle out and all momentum gained will be lost...But when a hispanic man kills a black man in florida everyone is pissed!! If we had the same momentum towards police abuse, then I could see things changing!! So much backwards thinking!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join