It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Police Beating Pregnant Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Actually, legalize drugs and prostitution and let the violent police go chase the violent criminals and a lot of these issues solve themselves.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No one deserves addiction. It's a disease and people don't just wake up one morning deciding they want to be a heroin addict or a pill popper or a crackhead.

There's a big difference between knowing addicts and having loved ones who become addicts, especially after you see them fight against the addiction and eventually become clean (although fighting the addiction is lifelong).

I thought like you once until someone close to me got addicted to crack and another got hooked on pills. If people want to learn what addiction is really like, spend some time in a Narcotics Anonymous group, or even go to a NarAnon group (for family members of addicts)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

hold this woman down and cuff her without having to strike her 8 times.

I agree, I can't think of any good reason to strike someone. Anyone, not even a grown man. They can take him down, mace him, taze him, or use some Jiu Jitsu, but there is no reason to strike someone.

Seems everyone in that video is a bad guy, there are very few good guys these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just so you know...

Steroid use is rampant among LEOs, and along with that use comes violent irrational behavior. If you think they get beefed up like that on exercise alone...think again!! Best just bend over and take it when dealing with the law and have your lawyers phone number commited to memory and call your lawyers before you call your family and make it know that you called your lawyer to the LEOs. Many people have died in custody under unusual circumstances.

www.americanbar.org...
edit on 10-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by artnut

So because she is allegedly a heroin addict you aren't concerned for her baby? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Whether she is a heroin addict or not she nor her baby deserved to get a beat down like that. If the baby died as a result of that beating the police officers would be guilty of murder.

As mentioned above, we did not see the entire scenario. The baby is the first concern, but not for this woman. She does not care about her baby, just her habit. If you read the post, I said I know excessive force exists, and it can be nasty. But again, we are not seeing the whole picture. I have been around babies addicted to drugs, and watched the mothers walk away. I want to see the episode from beginning to end, not just the part where someone starts recording. She should not be "hooking" and using drugs while pregnant. This is horrible all around.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I have a couple of very close loved ones that could develop a pill addiction, but they have good people in their lives, and we don't let it develop. If I had to kidnap a loved one and duct tape them to a chair in my basement for a month, that is what I would do.

I understand you are very close to this issue, as am I, but good people get help either from loved ones, or from professionals, bad people spiral out of control and end up dead or in jail.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Doesn't matter if she is concerned with her baby (that is if she is really a heroin addict and it's not just propaganda). Even if she isn't concerned, we should be. Why shouldn't we be?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You can't control if someone develops a drug habit or not. Sorry but that's living in a fairy tale world there.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You can't control if someone develops a drug habit or not. Sorry but that's living in a fairy tale world there.

Sure you can. It doesnt mean you will, but the possibility is there. People develop drug habits because they have no supportive community to keep them on the right path.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

What? Of course you can control it. You don't let them depend on the drugs, you don't let them abuse the drugs, you don't let them take the drugs daily. You don't let them find convenient excuses to justify the use of the drugs, and if you have to you completely separate them from the drugs. If you have to you keep their friends away from them, or you take their job away from them, or whatever the negative influences are, you remove them.

Sometimes it is as simple as rationing out the pills and working out a plan with them that is acceptable to both of you.

The only time it is impossible is if they don't want the help and they refuse to try and help themselves, and in that case they are the bad people that alienate everyone around them and end up dead or in jail.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Being supportive doesn't mean you can control them from not doing it. That's the first thing they teach in NA and NarAnon is that you cannot control the actions of others.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What? Of course you can control it. You don't let them depend on the drugs, you don't let them abuse the drugs, you don't let them take the drugs daily. You don't let them find convenient excuses to justify the use of the drugs, and if you have to you completely separate them from the drugs. If you have to you keep their friends away from them, or you take their job away from them, or whatever the negative influences are, you remove them.

And how do you do that? Lock them up in the house? You can't do that. If they want to get out, they eventually will. You cannot lock someone in your house indefinitely.

The only time it is impossible is if they don't want the help and they refuse to try and help themselves, and in that case they are the bad people that alienate everyone around them and end up dead or in jail.

No that doesn't make them "bad people." It makes them addicts. It makes them slaves to this disease. Again your comments show a complete lack of understanding, one that I shared just a few years ago myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by artnut

Doesn't matter if she is concerned with her baby (that is if she is really a heroin addict and it's not just propaganda). Even if she isn't concerned, we should be. Why shouldn't we be?

I said it is horrible all around. I don't need propaganda to believe this story, I have seen it first hand. No one asks for addiction, but they are resposible for the addiction, and no one else. I have watched women in labor addicted to snorting crack coc aine, but deathly afraid of needles, and raising all sorts of hell when you tell them that they need fluids and a line started for the health of the baby. I have watched a woman in this situation punch a dr in the face when he argued with her, while she was high on coc aine, and break his nose. I am telling you that propaganda can go both ways. She may have been stronger than a woman normally is depending on what she was on. Should the cops have punched her? Hell no, I'll be more than happy to tell you that is wrong and they should have more integrity and self control. But, again, we don't know the whole story, do we?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

That's the first thing they teach in NA and NarAnon is that you cannot control the actions of others.

Screw what they teach, if it is a loved one of mine. A brother, mother, child, or spouse, then I CAN and WILL control their actions. Whatever it takes. I have duct tape and a house outside of town.

And how do you do that? Lock them up in the house? You can't do that. If they want to get out, they eventually will. You cannot lock someone in your house indefinitely.

Yes I can.
edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I will withhold what I would like to say. I do not like police anymore and have not for quite some time. Most of them are liars and bullies. Some of them are murderers. The good ones do not last. All I can say is that what goes around comes back around.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well, for me, I do feel bad for her. For one, if she is an addict and a prostitute, what put her in that position? Drug addiction is no joke. I've had people very close to me in life who were once addicts. My heart goes out to addicts. Also if she was a drug addict and a prostitute that's no excuse for beating her.

For two, how do we know that she was a drug addict and a prostitute? Could just be propaganda to poison the people against her and justify the actions of the police.

Exactly

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

That's the first thing they teach in NA and NarAnon is that you cannot control the actions of others.

Screw what they teach, if it is a loved one of mine. A brother, mother, child, or spouse, then I CAN and WILL control their actions. Whatever it takes. I have duct tape and a house outside of town.

Thats sounds like kidnapping to me.....

Better watch out you might have more than 3 of these cops beating you down with your hands behind your back after you kidnap someone....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

OK. Well if it ever happens to you, and I pray that it doesn't, you tell me how it works out. Your comments are very naive and indicative of someone who has never experienced a loved one as an addict. You don't understand the pain or the helplessness. Trying to act like a big tough guy and threatening to duct tape them to a chair and lock them in a room in a house out in the country is not realistic in the least bit. Even if that were to work, eventually they will convince you they are clean. Eventually, one way or another, they will leave that room, either by your own "permission" or their own cunning or they will escape.

But I'll let you go on living in your opinion on the matter. Whatever makes you feel better and in control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join