It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Zahi Hawass must be rolling over in his retirement.

This could be an opportunity for Texas investors. Didn't they buy London Bridge and ship it to Texas? I think there would be fewer objections if the pyramids were carefully dismantled, the blocks numbered and then carefully re-erected at another location.

In fact why stop at the pyramids. Perhaps the islamists could be persuaded to ship all of Egypt's museum artifacts from the evil, evil period before Islam to . . . Toronto?

I remember an Egyptian woman I spoke to in Toronto seemed to be irritated by my effusions over the pyramids, as if she were tired of all the pyramid mania in these parts. She was from Alexandria and had never heard of Cavafy. Maybe she was an islamist.

Incidentally, dismantling any of the big pyramids is a non trivial job. People always talk about how we couldn't build them. I wonder if we could even dismantle them. I know we could tumble a few blocks around but beyond that I am not sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

One of the few times I'm without words!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, It'll nevah happen.. Giza's capstone will return and start the process of awakening and activating all of the pyramids across the globe and then.... off we will go into the wild blue yonder. Sans all the "evil" people.

(I read A LOT of science fiction and have a very vivid and intense imagination

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hawass and the lead Islamic antagonist in Egypt, fighting to the death on top of the Cheops pyramid. Hawass is down, but suddenly grabs the cleric as he's delivering the death blow, and snarls:

"Get off my plain!!"

...and kicks him off the pyramid. And with the plateau/plain Air Force One pun made, I make my exit.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hope they blow the pyramids
to pieces... There worthless..

No one cares about them.

go look at a real skyscraper.
A 10 year old now a days can build these
ugly pyramids

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yeah, 2.5 million tonnes of ANYTHING isn't easy to dismantle and disperse. There's probably so much stone in that thing that the resulting heap of ruins would.... still look kinda pyramid-y. DAMN YOU PHYSICSSSSS!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

Clearly, judging by the responses to this thread, there are many people who disagree with you and actually care about the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Skyscrapers, that's a good idea actually. No religious connotations so no Muslims are ever going to... try and des- Waaaaaait a second!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Screw the pyramids a huge waste
of space...

I hope they level them

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic
I hope they level them

They can try to, but if they do, what's happened in Tahrir Square will be looked back on like a kids picnic gathering in comparison. So no, not likely, unlucky.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

of space...

I hope they level them

What do you do....bounce from thread to thread dropping your little unhappy bombs....

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I knew it would happen eventually, I'm surprised it took this long. I remember when they took down the Buddha Statues to make it look like Buddhism never existed there. How unfortunate...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So this is it?

This is the 2012 thing? They demolish the pyramids and by doing so release the secrets of the universe...or piss off somebody(thing) and bring the destruction of Earth.

Cool I knew it would be something like this.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

of space...

I hope they level them

I guess you must have been a slave in a past life or maybe an engineer that had his pyramid design rejected by one of the pharos.
But seriously, I guess you still haven't got enough years under your belt to appreciate anything that has mystery and marvel about it. Don't worry grasshopper, one day you will understand the treasures of the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is unthinkable! If this atrocity was allowed to happen I think it would start a war against the islamic community the likes of which we have never seen before. This can't be allowed to happen! What right do these people have to declare what should and should not be allowed in this world? Do they think there will be no repercussions or retaliation against them? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

link   

Originally posted by jar11

Accordingly, while many Egyptians—Muslims and non-Muslims alike—see themselves as Egyptians, Islamists have no national identity, identifying only with Islam’s “culture,” based on the “sunna” of the prophet and Islam’s language, Arabic. This sentiment was clearly reflected when the former Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Muhammad Akef, declared “the hell with Egypt,” indicating that the interests of his country are secondary to Islam’s. It is further telling that such calls are being made now—immediately after a Muslim Brotherhood member became Egypt’s president. In fact, the same reports discussing the call to demolish the last of the Seven Wonders of the Word, also note that Egyptian Salafis are calling on Morsi to banish all Shias and Baha’is from Egypt.

Discuss!

Those people have no jurisdiction on the political and religious Egyptian scenes.

link   

How old are you? The ignorance...

We still are not sure how they were built or what their purpose was. Replicating them would be a near impossible task, even with modern tech. We still have so much to learn from these monuments and you want to destroy them? Even destroying them would be very difficult.
They belong to all of us as a species, a testament to what mankind is capable of doing.

Any structures in your country wasting space?
How bout we destroy those first?

Vote No Nonsense Party.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Dembow because: Politics baby

link   
People will need to outcry, but this will also lead into NWO and world controls, which means a lot more than what people ask for will be introduced.

Also,, I can't see US/UK government even speaking up, they're trying to close down this cycles knowledge and have taken all that matters out of the pyramids, I believe, and they use Sharia/Islam as a tool.

You can tell their agenda in Georgia where Christians were excerising their constitutional rights, even if people didn't like this and considered it rude, and they were violentsly attacked, Islam retribution, stoning and there was quite a bit of blood, the article said it didn't like America, but something from the middle east, in the presence of police officers who supported the Sharia, and led away the victimized, constitutionally correct group.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

The pyramids belong to the world, and to all citizens.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Geez, this may have just ruined my evening. Crashed for a few hours, and got on to see this? Calls to destroy the Egyptians Pyramids? It sounds so much like this.

Or this.

Or this.

Oh that history, it keeps on repeating itself. Just the monikers of the fanatics and radicals change, but the ignorance and barbarism persists. Not a whole lot any of us can do about it now. If I recall, the Muslim Brotherhood did quite well in Egypt's past election. What a shame. I hope someone steps forward and realizes how asinine these calls are and refutes them. Preferably someone that has real power in Egypt. That is only way I see this not happening. Or maybe the martians will come down from the heavens and stop them?

edit on 11-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join