It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiet Mitt...Shhhh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Oh who are we going to attack/blame for this mess? Who are we going to hang out or not hang out with today? What big government program can I create or back today? What else can I do to screw the American people and then claim that its good for them!

From my own quote alone I can tell you how refreshing a Romney Presidency will be.

1. He wrote a book called, "No Apology." Meaning that he will not let America take SH*T from other countries, and he will NOT play the class warfare game! He will take blame when need be, and call out lies from the other side always!

2. Romney DOESN'T hang out with Wall Street. In fact, he just hangs out with his family mostly and probably his Mormon Church. Only recently did Mitt Romney get to meet most of the Republican Party. Which makes sense, does it not?

3. Mitt Romney hasn't created any big government programs. He created a state program on a state level, and I would think so-called libertarians would see what it looks like when their own agenda is being committed.

4. Mitt Romney never screwed the American people, or sent Jobs overseas, despite what the Washington Post would have you believe. If that was a true story Mitt Romney wouldn't be having meetings with them, slamming them for releasing it. They would stick to their guns and continue spouting more facts. But they aren't.
edit on 10-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
gee, i just can't understand why a republican millionaire running for president, would want to cut taxes on millionaires...a president with secret tax-dodging offshore bank accounts seems honorable and a man of the people

Do you think he might want to keep all the very rich democrat donors from renouncing their US citizenship to avoid taxes ?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

gee, i just can't understand why a republican millionaire running for president, would want to cut taxes on millionaires...a president with secret tax-dodging offshore bank accounts seems honorable and a man of the people

Instead of lying why not show some proof of that because what he has said all along is that he wants to leave the bush tax cuts in place but remove several of the large deductions that the high income earners can claim. Now I am no math wizz but in my mind that relates to them getting less back on tax returns which means the government keeps more of it. If you can show me the proof that he wants to lower the taxes for the rich I will listen. Until them lies are not at all helping.
edit on 10-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I've heard Mitt Romney say that he doesn't want to raise taxes on anybody...While Obama has just raised taxes on everybody!!!!! Try again.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I, JacKatMtn, being of crazed mind and used body, hereby pledge to ignore any poll associated with the 2012 elections.

They are meaningless IMO, and I have much better things to do with that time.. Like go fishing!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well, Jack you just proved my point.

Most Americans do not care about the election right now, so all of Obama's class warfare, is not going to get him any farther.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

election yes.. polls no..

polls are something that partisans use to try and say their side is winning or the other side is losing..

In the end it's meaningless, it all hinges on getting to the real polls.. the voting booth.

I skip fishing on election day

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

why doesn't voting take like 5 minutes? Well, depends on how close the booth is to your house. Mine is five minutes away

You could still vote and fish in the same day

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So are you excited about a Romney presidency? Will your friends and neighbors show up in mass to support him?

And, presidency is a popularity contest, do you think the minds of the voters will be changed at the debates? The independents like me will still hate both of them, and the hardcore party-liners will still vote their party. The debates are a farce, they don't change anything. If anything, they will show Obama as hip and cool, and show Romney as a stuffed suit billionaire. It won't help Romney any, except for his yes men to agree with him, but he doesn't really need that does he?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

shhh jjf3rd77

I'll let you get back to the thread, I just wanted to make a public pledge, and offer my opinion on polling..

Everyone is entitled to their own..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Instead of lying why not show some proof of that

For all of their pushing on us to get us to explain ourselves to them, they are awfully quite when we attack their guy with facts.

Most of their points are stupid rhetoric anyway. "Oh, they are no different boo hoo." "My guy didn't win, so now you have to explain to me why you are voting for your guy." "My guy (Obama) sucks so I wanted to back a different guy but he isn't going to win, but it doesn't matter anyway cause your vote doesn't count. Only mine for my guy counts!"

This is the educated response i get most of the time when talking about Mitt Romney

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know for a fact colleges watch the debates. Because when I was in school, we all huddled together to watch the Obama VS McCain debates and then we all predicted that Obama would be the victor! This was also for a class assignment I had to do in High School during the 2004 Debates between Bush and Gore. I couldn't even vote then.

So yes, I think people do watch the debates, and they look past the hip and cool and billionaire labels! At least I hope they do...

Because if being a Billionaire was such a bad label, then nobody would ever vote republican!!! Or for John Kerry or Al Gore for that matter. In fact, I think being a Billionaire is a rather cool label.

It's better than an actor who thinks and wants to be a Billionaire Hollywood Playboy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

See I think it will be the opposite. I think people are so disgusted with Obama and feel like they got duped they they are going to come out on groves to vote him out. People that dont normally participate in all these goofy polls they do before the real election. I think the general election is going to have very large numbers.

It's a possibility, and I've heard that opinion from a lot of sources as well. The problem for me is all those sources are people that would normally vote anyways, and people who listen to talk radio, or watch the news, and people who are somewhat informed.

When I talk to people that are less informed, and less consistent voters, all I hear about is free healthcare, making the rich pay their fair share, and bringing the troops home. All things that Obama will campaign on and take credit for. When I speak to the uninformed, I never hear a single good word about Romney, but I often hear praise for Obama.

There are a lot more uninformed than there are informed, so that dichotomy benefits Obama. Plus, the summer isn't over yet, Obama will grab some very positive headlines between now and November. Unemployment extensions are running out and numbers will be artificially lowered, and gas prices are going down, and the Christmas season outlook will be stellar. Obama controls the news for now.
edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I know for a fact colleges watch the debates. Because when I was in school, we all huddled together to watch the Obama VS McCain debates and then we all predicted that Obama would be the victor! This was also for a class assignment I had to do in High School during the 2004 Debates between Bush and Gore. I couldn't even vote then.

So yes, I think people do watch the debates, and they look past the hip and cool and billionaire labels! At least I hope they do...

Because if being a Billionaire was such a bad label, then nobody would ever vote republican!!! Or for John Kerry or Al Gore for that matter. In fact, I think being a Billionaire is a rather cool label.

It's better than an actor who thinks and wants to be a Billionaire Hollywood Playboy.

I actually agree with a good portion of this for a change.
BUT, I don't think it translates into a majority vote. I think there are a lot more people that will just vote thinking it means free healthcare and sticking it to the rich man. Obama has his talking points nailed down, Romney's only big ammo is that he isn't Obama.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes, Romney put his money in bank accounts and Obama put his money up his nose.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I agree with this analysis. The uninformed probably don't even know who Mitt Romney is. And that is partially his fault. For being quiet during this period. But no college student is following the election (right now) as close as some of us are. They are out getting drunk or laid

That's why you will start to hear more about Romney and from Romney in September after the Convention. Most people do not even care about the convention or know what the convention is.

They just know Obama from his rock star status from 2008 and likely never followed anything he has done since.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I actually agree with a good portion of this for a change.
BUT, I don't think it translates into a majority vote. I think there are a lot more people that will just vote thinking it means free healthcare and sticking it to the rich man. Obama has his talking points nailed down, Romney's only big ammo is that he isn't Obama.

Obama was as sure thing in 2008. In 2012, those college kids are graduating and disgruntled with the job market (me) and you actually do get a few stoners here and there who support Ron Paul. I've heard some people say they will not be voting this year. I've actually talked others into researching Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman back when he was still in the race.

This from my experience talking to kids about the election at colleges in Florida and NJ and on the Jersey Shore. (Where I mostly hang out)

It's a BIG difference from ATS and quite interesting to see how non-political people vote.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

See I think it will be the opposite. I think people are so disgusted with Obama and feel like they got duped they they are going to come out on groves to vote him out. People that dont normally participate in all these goofy polls they do before the real election. I think the general election is going to have very large numbers.

It's a possibility, and I've heard that opinion from a lot of sources as well. The problem for me is all those sources are people that would normally vote anyways, and people who listen to talk radio, or watch the news, and people who are somewhat informed.

When I talk to people that are less informed, and less consistent voters, all I hear about is free healthcare, making the rich pay their fair share, and bringing the troops home. All things that Obama will campaign on and take credit for. When I speak to the uninformed, I never hear a single good word about Romney, but I often hear praise for Obama.

There are a lot more uninformed than there are informed, so that dichotomy benefits Obama. Plus, the summer isn't over yet, Obama will grab some very positive headlines between now and November. Unemployment extensions are running out and numbers will be artificially lowered, and gas prices are going down, and the Christmas season outlook will be stellar. Obama controls the news for now.
edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

But those uninformed you speak of are the ones that were lied to the first time around by Obama when he campaigned on the same things, bringing the troops home, free healthcare and all that and now they see that he didnt bring the troops home, he didnt make their house payments or buy them houses (which for some reason a bunch of people thought that was going to happen), he did put a healthcare bill through but with all the bad press and now with it being a tax they realize it isnt free. He hasnt come through and that is usually enough for those on the fence voters to get rid of the guy that lied to them. I think the damage has been done and you can only smile and lie to peoples faces so many times before they get tired of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I would love to believe this Tardis, but I just don't see it where I live. (Jersey Shore) Too many idiots love snooki too much. They have more of a fan base than Obama tho

But, NJ is a democrat state, so maybe its different in other parts of the country. The Ronulans were in Florida because they think Ron Paul will bring the free weed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I would love to believe this Tardis, but I just don't see it where I live. (Jersey Shore) Too many idiots love snooki too much. They have more of a fan base than Obama tho

Yea.. Your up in the middle of it. Here in the midwest it is a little different. Remember though. Usually elections are won and lost by the independent voters that float back and forth. Its about 5% of the voters that determine the election each time. Most states will still go the way they always go. It is just a couple of states that will determine the election so it is not that many people that need convince in order to get this done.

I do find it funny though that everyone tries to act like it is all the rich people that support the Republicans, however when you look at the states that predominantly vote Rep you will find most the agricultural states and the states that have most of the ridiculously rich vote Dem. That right there just shows that people dont really know what they are arguing about most of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join