It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiet Mitt...Shhhh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I disagree.

The healthcare bill was pushed back til now, and the SCOTUS rendered their decision now for a reason. Obama will blame the Republicans for the delays in free Healthcare, and take the whole situation as a win for his side. He did bring the troops back from Iraq, and Iraq is fairly stable at the moment, but now we are needed in Syria and Iran, and Obama will count that as a win, and as a need for the things that got passed like the NDAA and Patriot Act extensions.

Obama will campaign on the wonderful results after the Tornado in Joplin, and how it was handled so much better than Katrina, and he will campaign on the recent heatwave, and how his environmental policies are desperately needed. He will show that his economic policies shielded the US from having the same problems that the Euro is facing, and how the dollar is rebounding and oil and gas prices are down.

All of these "successes" are coming to fruition right now, and will increase as we finish summer and enter the election season.

It is no accident that all of these things have the timing they have, or that the unemployment was extended just enough to expire right about now and let the numbers trend downwards. There will be less people receiving benefits, and less people applying for new benefits as we get closer to November.

Obama's team has masterfully crafted the headlines that we'll read between now and November.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

NJ Being one of those states, however, we do have a small but growing local republican movement growing. Chris Christie is literally a Big Booming Voice in NJ. Florida too is becoming more republican and Florida being a swing state. But even if Christie somehow managed to get the VP tix. NJ wouldn't go to Romney.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Florida has the Republican convention, but the Floridians were not excited about Romney at the Straw Poll, and nobody really campaigned against him at the Primary. The state has a large minority population, and a large retiree population. It is really hard to say which way the retirees will go, but the minorities are going toward Obama in mass. The partial amnesty he authorized was a HUGE success here.

I'm thinking Florida will veer to Obama, but it won't be a big win like some of the other states.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Actually, I don't know if the media will have a monopoly on Obama this time around. Bernie Goldberg and I both agree that the Media is moving towards the center this time, while Obama stays to the left and Romney moves to the center. They saw that Romney even has influence in the media and if they keep on painting bad stories about him only and not Obama too, they will get kicked out the door! Doesn't mean they are going to stop though. Just means they'll be more cautious and release a positive Romney story every month. I don't remember reading anything positive about McCain (I didn't even vote for him I voted for Romney)

www.foxnews.com...

And this is the FIRST time I am hearing positive stories about Mitt Romney from his vacation, to his steady rise in the polls. The MSM is slowly turning on their, "golden Boy."

2012 Election A Tie?

Read between the lines and it could be a very interesting transformation...again it all happens after August!
edit on 10-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think what really needs to be discussed is how people are going to vote...if they are disgruntled with the current state of affairs.

Republicans are going to vote for Romney, except for the majority of Ron Paul supports and Republicans that are not impressed with any candidate at all. Numbers for the GOP will be way down, in my opinion.

Democrats will vote for Obama, except for the small number of Ron Paul supporters. Even those Dems that dislike Obama will not vote Republican and would rather vote for Obama just to spite the GOP.

This continual "political masturbation" the Republicans are engaging in only continues to solidify a second Obama term. Is that what we wanted? I think the GOP has done more to help the Obama campaign then anything the Dems could have done.

Seriously......Romney is the best us Republicans can do? Obama has built up a track record of doing more to progress the Neoconservative agenda then Romney could ever hope for! So why would anyone intelligent want to vote for Romney?

Thanks GOP. You're giving Obama another term.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I consider Florida a lock, if he picks Rubio as VP. He needs to do to this, because otherwise he loses Florida and thus the election! I'm not sure Ohio is as prevalent because the Unions might not like him up there especially after what he said about Detroit. Which the Obama people will use, but I think Romney wants to be Scott Walker soooo badly!!!! Scott Walker seems like a better choice for President actually

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

For the political stories, you might be right, but what about the seemingly innocuous stories like job numbers, Christmas forecasts, overall morale of the nation, strength of the dollar against the Euro and yen, stock market numbers, etc.

I don't think there will be a direct discrepancy between Obama and Romney reporting, but I think Obama controls all those indirect numbers that affect the psychological climate of the country. People vote for the incumbent when they think things are going well, and all the press stories will be painting a picture of things going well.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Funny I've seen more democrats leave Obama and more republicans convert to Romney supporters.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

His VP pick will tell us all about his handlers and the master plan for the presidency. Huntsman jumping ship was a pretty big knock against the party. Rubio seems to be the only real contender (maybe Christie) for VP, so if he DOESN'T pick Rubio, then he is not supposed to win.

I think you'll see him picking someone more obscure that won't challenge him in popularity. He doesn't want to be upstaged by Rubio.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah. I added this edit up there.

Doesn't mean they are going to stop though. Just means they'll be more cautious and release a positive Romney story every month. I don't remember reading anything positive about McCain (I didn't even vote for him I voted for Romney)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

But Rubio is safer than Sarah Palin was for McCain. McCain was less popular than Romney is. Plus McCain had to run after Bush. Republicans weren't liked well after that, many still aren't! There was no chance McCain could have won. Sarah Palin was the tea party contender that many wanted to be President herself. We know Rubio is too young to be President right now... In 2020 there could be a possibility. Especially if Romney gets eight years.

Obama was the rock star after Bush! People are still under his charm and its going to take Romney a lot of good ole boy play by the rule book type to get people to even pay attention to him. Its going to be close but looking at the state battle we could easily see a win!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Romney is a lying coward.

If condone him you're no better.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What if he doesn't pick Rubio, and loses Florida? Double digit Obama win?

What if he goes with Pawlenty or Ryan? I think if that happens it is like throwing the fight, it is clear the Republicans don't want to win this time around.

Mitt Romney may be tight-lipped about his vice presidential short list, warning that only he and longtime aide Beth Myers know who is on it, but a close examination of the campaign's activity suggests four contenders have risen through the ranks: Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell may be considered wild cards, and Romney has said he’s thoroughly vetting Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, though the first-term lawmaker’s status appears unchanged.

Source

ETA:
I've also heard Condoleeza Rice as a potential VP! Now THAT would make it interesting!!! That might even sway me a little bit his way. She is respected, and smart, and black, and female!
edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If he chooses Portman just for Ohio, then count ME out! If he back Pawlenty to give him a chance, I would like that. I wanted to consider Pawlenty for President, but by the time I got around to researching him, he was gone. So there was no point.

If Romney doesn't pick Rubio or Rice, I don't see him winning. Even with Pawlenty it would be tough

Ann Romney said a woman was being considered and we all know it ain''t sarah palin again!!! That would be retarded, literally!!!!

A Romney/Portman bumper sticker just doesn't feel right.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I disagree.

The healthcare bill was pushed back til now, and the SCOTUS rendered their decision now for a reason. Obama will blame the Republicans for the delays in free Healthcare, and take the whole situation as a win for his side. He did bring the troops back from Iraq, and Iraq is fairly stable at the moment, but now we are needed in Syria and Iran, and Obama will count that as a win, and as a need for the things that got passed like the NDAA and Patriot Act extensions.

Obama will campaign on the wonderful results after the Tornado in Joplin, and how it was handled so much better than Katrina, and he will campaign on the recent heatwave, and how his environmental policies are desperately needed. He will show that his economic policies shielded the US from having the same problems that the Euro is facing, and how the dollar is rebounding and oil and gas prices are down.

All of these "successes" are coming to fruition right now, and will increase as we finish summer and enter the election season.

It is no accident that all of these things have the timing they have, or that the unemployment was extended just enough to expire right about now and let the numbers trend downwards. There will be less people receiving benefits, and less people applying for new benefits as we get closer to November.

Obama's team has masterfully crafted the headlines that we'll read between now and November.

I understand what you are saying but I think a lot of those people are looking closer this time. Troops never really came home and people know that. People with loved ones over there or that have friends with loved ones. He was going to bring "All" of the troops home. And I think people are now realizing that Obamacare is a Tax and as far as Joplin, I live 100 miles from it and Tulsa did more to Help Joplin that anyone did. I am not sure what Obama did. I have not heard this yet but people with half a brain should realize that Katrina being a mess and was the governors fault there. Fema cant just show up and the mayor or governor one said they didnt need help and kept them out till it was a big mess. I dont think everyone is as uninformed. But by in large I dont think that will be the biggest issues this election year. People are going to listen to the guy that says he can fix the economy and bring back jobs and they are going to go with the one they "believe" and so far Obama is losing faith in the blowing smoke department. And personally I think most peoples asses are too full of smoke right now.
edit on 10-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
FOX NEWS has a combination of all polls released this morning putting Obama ahead by 3.5% overall.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think what really needs to be discussed is how people are going to vote...if they are disgruntled with the current state of affairs.

Republicans are going to vote for Romney, except for the majority of Ron Paul supports and Republicans that are not impressed with any candidate at all. Numbers for the GOP will be way down, in my opinion.

Democrats will vote for Obama, except for the small number of Ron Paul supporters. Even those Dems that dislike Obama will not vote Republican and would rather vote for Obama just to spite the GOP.

This continual "political masturbation" the Republicans are engaging in only continues to solidify a second Obama term. Is that what we wanted? I think the GOP has done more to help the Obama campaign then anything the Dems could have done.

Seriously......Romney is the best us Republicans can do? Obama has built up a track record of doing more to progress the Neoconservative agenda then Romney could ever hope for! So why would anyone intelligent want to vote for Romney?

Thanks GOP. You're giving Obama another term.

And here we go again. So only dumb people vote for Romney but smart people vote for who? How about some reasons why Romney is so bad and whoever your voting for, I assume Ron Paul is so great? Obviously I am one of those complete idiots that wants my vote to actually count. How dumb of me to think that way I know. But I just dont like putting my vote in the trash which in your mind seems to be the smart thing to do because that wont help Obama, Will it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives
Romney is a lying coward.

If condone him you're no better.

Wow.. A "drive by" insult.

how about you either back up those lies with some sort of facts, maybe a new article, a taped conversation (since you have inside information) or shut up and go away. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than grade school insults you can move along.

Although I have one question. You say he is a lying coward? So what does that make Obama? A lying what? Or do you actually believe him?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Today, the Real Clear Politics Polling by Rasmussen puts Romney ahead of Obama by three points. The Washington Times has Romney winning by one point, and ABC News has Romney actually being tied with the President! Yesterday, RCP Gallup Poll had Obama only leading by 2 points!!!

Rasmussen weights their numbers...they take the survey results...split it by Rep. Dem. Independant and then assign a value to each on thier skewed/old breakdown of how many Americans they claim are GOP, Dem, Ind. with a weight for GOP that is larger than any other pollster thinks.

Washington Times, ABC..I don't know about.

and the majority of Americans think the country is heading in the WRONG direction!!!!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

A number that has fallen every month for the last 9 months. Not saying things are rosey, but trends matter.

I think people are tired of hearing vagueness coming from their commander and chief and want someone who will give it to them straight.

Agreed. Pres. Obama needs to work on this. Romney?...etch-a-sketch, flip-flop, lie. There is a stark contrast.

I think Romney's plan is to lay low before the convention, he might say something about the new global gun control laws coming at the end of the month at say another NRA meeting.
[

He is storing huge sums of money/fundraising like a squirell getting ready for winter. It is a little frightening the amount of advertising we will see come the fall.

But, Obama's class warfare, is not giving him the political points that he needs. Obama needs to watch out, when Romney starts going full throttle! You're not convincing anybody Obama. Most of your base is going to vote for you anyways, but Romney has a clean slate. He needs to convince Independents and Conservative Republicans to vote for him. And if his business record is anything to boast about, he know how to "start a business!" That business being his election campaign, and spreading his message out to people and getting people to "buy his product"

Romney is a greater threat to Pres. Obama than most give him credit for.

He has a huge war chest right now.

He is willing to say or ddo anything to get elected and has the bulk of the Billionaire power brokers behind him.

This election more than any other will determine if America has reached a point where the Whitehouse can be bought. If money determines the election, Romney will win.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have experienced the opposite. The people I deal with in the Iowa GOP and their national counterparts have had to take a new strategy just to get people interested in supporting Romney.

People that have regularly supported the GOP ticket have become disenfranchised with a Romney ticket due to his horrible record as a liberal governor, Romneycare and his inability to connect with the average Joe.

Add to that the prospect of possibly up to 20% of the GOP supporting RP that will not vote for Romney and you have a recipe for a big upset come election day.

I invite you to talk to your neighbors and become active in your local political scene. You will be amazed at just how fragmented the GOP has become. The Dems may not like some of the things Obama is doing, but a majority of them would rather vote for Obama then a Republican any day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join