It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi Kung Master --Moves Objects with Mind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

more fodder for the doubters .. when you can light an led with your bare hands let us know .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

more fodder for the doubters .. when you can light an led with your bare hands let us know .

When HE can light an LED with his bare hands, let us know.

This is the same guy that was in the video posted a few pages back and everything about that "documentary" screamed fraud.

ETA: Oh, it's actually the same video. Check out his "skeptical experts" at about 6:14 and explain to me how they are credible experts at all. (Hint there's no such place as "New York's Albert Einstein University".)
edit on 11-7-2012 by adjensen because: noted in text

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Pinke
Regardless if you like Randi or not, I suspect dorks like John Edwards have made significantly more money than James Randi as a debunker.

I don't doubt that for a moment. People want to be amazed, not brought down to Earth.

Sounds like we're mostly on the same page.

I think videos like this come out on slow news days. I suppose it sort of applies to skeptics too ... IE people are more likely to watch a scathing skeptic show like Penn and Teller, rather than something more mundane.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You didn't even watch the video did you ? ..But your full of ..ummm opinions ..there is word to describe that behavior .

OK here is the pic of him lighting an led ..

Now you do it ... call Randi if you have to ..I hear he is lonely .. this might perk him up .

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You didn't even watch the video did you ? ..But your full of ..ummm opinions ..there is word to describe that behavior .

OK here is the pic of him lighting an led ..

If the comment about watching it was directed at me, I obviously watched it, since I pointed out that the "skeptical experts" were fake.

As for the pictures, why the odd angle? What's the black thing behind it? And if the filmmaker has some serious credibility issues (for the "experts" and the whole "No one can ever talk to this guy again" angle,) what reason is there to not conclude that the whole thing is faked?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Total avoidance of the issue .. Light one up and I'll cede this could be a fraud .

Reproduction of this hoax as you believe it to be is your burden to prove .

So I'll await you video .

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Here you go, Ace. Skip ahead to the 4:00 mark and you'll see everyone's favourite debunker doing it, and showing how it's done - a hidden gizmo that generates a high voltage, but low amperage, electrical current that just runs through his body.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Here you go, Ace. Skip ahead to the 4:00 mark and you'll see everyone's favourite debunker doing it, and showing how it's done - a hidden gizmo that generates a high voltage, but low amperage, electrical current that just runs through his body.

Yes but it is not up to Randi to disclose magical secrets. These units are available, and have been for over 30 years now, mine does not fit in a shoe however as it is well over 25 years old. It is for Magicians to know what they are and what they are REALLY for, they are performance tools and many people have acts based on them. I applaud people exposing fakes, providing they are not revealing secrets which others rely on to make an HONEST living and entertain others. It is a sad fact of life in todays world that everyone is expected to have an outspoken attitude to everything in life and speak it out loud, even if it upsets or offends everyone else. It may be easier online, but people still expect to be brutally frank, even in public, regardless of who they upset, internal censoring has just vanished.

Randi is probably less worried about exposing Magical secrets, to gain a feather in his cap, as he will join those great performers in the sky, a lot sooner than many younger Magician, yes they are open secrets among the Magical fraternity, but Randi gets treated as though he has worked this great mystery out himself, instead of just disclosing a secret which is not his to disclose. If you know how to walk through the Great wall of China, you are content to know, you don't go round telling everyone the secret, just to show how clever you are.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Seriously? Did you not watch that video? The Malaysian guy was scamming people for money. He wasn't a magician, he was a scammer. Probably doing real harm, to boot, if people went to him to be "cured" of something, rather than going to a doctor.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Qwenn

Seriously? Did you not watch that video? The Malaysian guy was scamming people for money. He wasn't a magician, he was a scammer. Probably doing real harm, to boot, if people went to him to be "cured" of something, rather than going to a doctor.

Believe me, I agree with you wholeheartedly, what I was saying was that Randi did not need to publicly expose Magical secrets to expose the quack doctor. I am sure he could have found a way to convince people without the Magical exposure. Perhaps by just demonstrating how easily he could duplicate the events, things like the newspaper bursting into flame, another Magic effect, but touted as a demonstration of Chi Energy by the other guy. It is not important to reveal the Secret, just to prove that anyone can do it, who knows the Secret.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I see where you are coming from that it was profession discourtesy to legit magicians that Randi just gave away one of the tricks ruining the illusion for others.

However. You can't say it wasn't his right to disclose this tricks secret. Its his right. Just like its my right to expose BS chi gong practices because I know the secrets to the trick they are pulling off. So boo hoo to the magicians of the world. But this guy is claiming to have magical medical abilities to heal patients. Don't doctors have a right to expose the trick behind the illusion this chi gong doctor is using to defraud innocent people with legit medical conditions.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Magical Inventors have the rights over their own inventions and effects, buying a trick and exposing the secret on You-tube, as many do these days, is wrong. They buy the trick, the Secret is between them and the inventor, it is only for the inventor to reveal the secret, in selling the trick, he discloses it to the buyer, that does not give the right to reveal it to the world. Randi was WRONG in doing what he did, the way he did it. He was RIGHT in exposing a fraud to the public, but he had no permision from the inventor to reveal the secret, it seems professional integrity is no longer applauded, the world has to have it all at their fingertips immediatly, these demands encourage dishonesty.

P.S. Don't forget that Randi is a Professional Magician, thus by revealing Magical Secrets, he is taking away from other Magicians, don't forget, if this one Secret, is the one trick which a Magiician has built a whole act around and may have spent between £300 to £500 on it, that may be their entire budget. These things cost big bucks and as the saying goes in Magic " it is not the materials you are buying, it is the Secret " take the Secret away and there is little use for it anymore. As a magical inventor of the last 40 years, believe me Randi would have been in big trouble if he had been revealing any of my work
edit on 21-7-2012 by Qwenn because: P.S.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Qwenn because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I totally understand your stance on this topic. Believe me it makes sense. I just feel that in instances where its medical fraud and people are paying the price with their health or lives then yes the trick should be exposed to educate the public.

Now if the trick being exposed is harmless and has not been used to defraud people seeking legit medical procedures to heal themselves, then I am totally in your corner. It is a professional discourtesy and taboo.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I suspect that one of the reasons that he does it that way (reveals how it is done) is so that the people being exposed don't just use Randi doing it as proof that it's real and saying that the reason he's talking bad about them is that he's jealous. In addition, it educates people in HOW it's done, so that they can look for similar setups in the future.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Magical Inventors have the rights over their own inventions and effects, buying a trick and exposing the secret on You-tube, as many do these days, is wrong. They buy the trick, the Secret is between them and the inventor, it is only for the inventor to reveal the secret, in selling the trick, he discloses it to the buyer, that does not give the right to reveal it to the world. Randi was WRONG in doing what he did.
P.S. Don't forget that Randi is a Professional Magician, thus by revealing Magical Secrets, he is taking away from other Magicians, don't forget, if this one Secret, is the one trick which a Magiician has built a whole act around and may have spent between £300 to £500 on it, that may be their entire budget.
Forgive me for saying this, but why should we care? Magical invention doesn't exactly provide a lot of value to society. Professions go out of style or become obsolete all the time, and their loss is often of no consequence to society. The only social value I see in the magician profession is in helping to reduce overall public gullibility, such as James Randi accomplishes.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DukeEligos

Not a thousand words will convince the skeptics, yet none are necessary for the believers.

I have practised martial arts for a very long time, and I am convinced through experience that a diligently trained body and mind can sharpen its intent to the point of effecting the world around them.
One can talk of Chi/Ki/Prana/Life Force all they like, these concepts are alien if not experienced directly.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animus974

Not a thousand words will convince the skeptics, yet none are necessary for the believers.

I'm still waiting for that one guy who challenged me to show it being faked to come back and admit his error, lol.

No words are necessary for believers because they want to believe. I'll bet that they'd even claim that, just because Randi faked it, it doesn't mean that the Malaysian guy did.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

but can he do it without the tablecloth covering the guy underneath the table using the magnet to move the metal bowl....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Not likely!!! Like I said in my earlier posts. This guy has been a known hoax in many martial arts forum sites for several years now.

ANd the more "legit" Qi Gong performance tricks (the bending of spears in the throat etc) are still knows as parlor tricks by the Qi Gong community and even the performers themselves. Any one can perform the tricks when trained.

Real Qi Gong manifests very differently. And serves very different purposes than the shenanigans this fraudster in the video pulls.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join