It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi Kung Master --Moves Objects with Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Interesting. The red cloth is covering a glass jar. The tablecloth seems to move when he does his thing, and the jar moves...just as you would expect of a Shock? wave. Interestingly in his second attempt, the glass jar is shattered, hence the cloth. But it appears that the solid end of the jar blew out and the breakage appear to be from the top, not the bottom as you would expect with an assistant.
Also tho on an angle, the tablecloth does not seem to completely cover the table and you can see a front leg, which suggests, the undertable is exposed......
Of course it is a video and we all know they are now all fake and cgi, so why even discuss it??

Im surprised a Chinese lantern didnt fly overhead in the background......

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by adjensen
I don't think that this guy is doing anything other than trickery, but NO ONE will ever win the Randi "prize" and anyone who tries for it is a fool.

1. If you dont like the JREF ("Randi") prize, then what is your opinion of all the other numerous prizes on offer around the world? You lump them all in the same basket? (without knowing anything about them)

I actually don't know anything about them, so I can't say anything specific, but if they are laid out in the same manner, and used in the same fashion, yes, I'd put them in the same basket.

2. The biggest problem with the JREF prize is that people dont apply for it.

No one applies because there's no reason to. I don't know if it's still the case, but I seem to recall a few years ago that the thing changed to only accept applications from well known supernatural touters (reason provided was that they were being inundated by utter quacks in the age of YouTube "evidence" and the like.)

A prudent observer will note, as I did, that the Randi Prize exists SOLELY TO NEVER BE GIVEN AWAY. It exists so that people can dismiss anything unusual with the "If he could really read minds, he'd go win the Randi prize." I've seen it hundreds of times, and for some people, that is a compelling argument, even though it's an irrational one.

So, if one person either demonstrated some goofy unexplainable ability, or was able to trick the observers, or whatever, it's all over -- the argument tumbles like a house of cards, and no one can ever use that argument again, or say that everything in the whole Earth can be explained as natural phenomenon.

With that much at stake, the chances that even a legitimate demonstration would succeed are effectively zero -- there would be some part of it, some piece, that would be held out as evidence that they failed. In the end, I honestly believe that, in Randi's "final judgement" (as I recall, he has the last say in any awarding,) he would just flat out lie, whether consciously or not, to preserve the prize's "integrity".

So, on the one hand, you have famous mentalists or telekinetics or ghost hunters or whatever, who are making money off of their "abilities" (for the record, I don't really believe in any of it,) and on the other, they have the awareness that their likelihood of success in the Randi gig is, if not zero, then pretty close to it, so where is their incentive to jeopardize their livelihood?

In the end, Randi, like most people, has an agenda, and that agenda is to NOT give that prize away, and since he holds all the cards in the process, only a fool would think they stood a chance.

Some of those applicants are just plain crazy.

I most certainly wouldn't disagree with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
FAKE. His yelling clearly indicates that he doesn't understand what Qi is.

edit on 10-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I cant do that with chi but maybe I am just to dumb to figure it out
. I can do things with my fingers that are fealt in my head but that is proably some kind of manipulation of some field or something and I am not good at it. One day I will try the hitting a peace of board to see if I can mask the pain so it do not hurt and I wont hurt myself. Because that is all I have learned. Increasing my perception of feeling in the body and being able understand synchronicity.

Do anybody have any other ideas or ways to do more with chakra/chi energy? I am unfortunatly not a visual guy so out of body experiances and seing things others do not, do not seem to be for me. And I definetly cannot read other peoples minds. But sometimes I think other people can respond to what I think and ask inside my head. But that is probably just synchronicity. It is weird when it happens but I have kinda gotten used to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I can not speak on the validity of this video as there are many fakers out there in the world. I can say that I have experienced this "psychokinesis" from somebody before.

His name is Nianzu Li. He used to be a teacher/master of my father and is now an acupuncturist. My family and I have received many treatments from him and his work is very astonishing. He starts of like any TCM practitioner by checking your various organs' pulse rate. However, when he is touching you, he moves his own energy through your meridian system and checks for any blockages. It's very interesting to watch too because as soon as he does it his eyes will get various fierce, almost like an animal in the moment of catching prey. If you really tune into your body you can feel it.

After he lays you down and sticks needles all in you, he'll run his hand over top of them (not actually touching them). You'll see all the needles move and feel a slight pull on your skin from them moving just from his hand hovering over them (his hand moves slow too, not air current).

One time I asked him if all this sort of "energy business" was real (ignorantly). He made me stand up in front of the table while he start to practice a Qigong infront of me. What I began to feel was very strange feeling... As I stood there, I felt this.. invisible force slowly move through my body (from front to back) in the pattern of a zigzag. It wasn't fast but slow and somehow I could tell it was zigzagging just like "/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/". However, as soon as I noticed the feeling, I felt another odd experience. It was like he had taken a wooden wedge and started to slide it under my feet. I felt my body start to slightly lift up from the wedge and then I lost my balance and stumbled backwards.

Definitely an odd experience but totally convincing. Of course, if you don't believe in any of that then disregard my post but for me, I am soundly convinced. Just for reference, here is a video of Nianzu Li and his YT channel:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
In case of emergency break glass and use James Randy.

James Randi is as big as Charlatan as those he claims, his 'Million Dollar Challenge' is Likewise Fraudulent

he does nothing but support his ego by claiming superiority in 'debunking' those around him,

Indeed, i have had numerous encounters with him prior

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by snowen20
In case of emergency break glass and use James Randy.

James Randi is as big as Charlatan as those he claims, his 'Million Dollar Challenge' is Likewise Fraudulent

he does nothing but support his ego by claiming superiority in 'debunking' those around him,

Indeed, i have had numerous encounters with him prior

Well no sh*t...But he does it in an altogether entertaining way. lol... So I agree.

I personally do believe in things such as telekinesis and telepathy of sorts or whatever that "really" implies. I do find The Randi to be a little on the "lets paint absolutely everything in the same broad and dry brush" frame of mind and I think that is his short coming....But the guy looks like Santa Clause and it doesn't get any more humorous than an analytical Clause.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

He also is good friends with the likes of Uri Geller, as are a great number of the Magical Fraternity, even though they criticise him publicly, they are best buddies at the Magic conventions, Uri claims not to be a Magician, yet attends the convention circuit.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Lets make it easy.

Borrow an Atomic Force Microscope, which can measure down to a few picoNewtons, all the meager ability one needs to demonstrate such skills is then
just
of the ability of this master.

If this cant be done, then I think we can pretty much rule it out forever.

You assume that these masters have something to prove

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZacharyW

the subject of this thread uploads youtube vids

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Some of you guys will enjoy trying to debunk this:

John Chang being tested by 'a skeptical team of experts' and baffling all of them.
He also sets newspaper on fire

edit on 10-7-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
hmmmm....strong the force in this man, it is

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Yeah, well, if he's so great, why doesn't he go win the Randi prize?

Just kidding, interesting stuff (could have lived without the shots of his crotch, though) but I didn't really see anything that couldn't have been faked, depending on who was in on it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DukeEligos

I say extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

This is not extraordinary proof.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Just kidding, interesting stuff (could have lived without the shots of his crotch, though) but I didn't really see anything that couldn't have been faked, depending on who was in on it.

I agree, but they'd all have to be in on it and all have to be exceptional actors and actresses.
Did you notice the obvious shocks the Asian lady was getting trying to hold the baby still - didn't look particularly rehearsed although for sure one could act that.
It's the look in the eyes of the people that for me say it's authentic - but hey, i just wanna believe

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I agree, but they'd all have to be in on it and all have to be exceptional actors and actresses.

Well, one thing that jumped out at me was the "skeptical experts" -- the first one was from a "Mind and Body Institute", whatever that is, the second was a "Swedish medic and sail racer" (or something like that,) the fourth was one of the Chi guy's students and the third was "a physicist from New York's Albert Einstein University", which is impressive until you look and there's no such place. There's an "Albert Einstein College of Medicine", in conjunction with another university, but they have no physics department (no surprise, if it's a med school.)

So I'm just gonna call "shenanigans" on this guy, on the basis of that, never mind the whole "here's this guy, isn't he cool, and no, we can NEVER go find him again for a real followup!" angle.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
well done, I wouldn't have thought to follow up on the creds of the peeps. star for you.

Are those creds listed in the docu (been a long time since I watched it) or did you find them somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

well done, I wouldn't have thought to follow up on the creds of the peeps. star for you.

Are those creds listed in the docu (been a long time since I watched it) or did you find them somewhere else?

No, they're just introduced as that when the narrater says that they are bringing in "skeptical experts". Starts at 6:13 in that clip. Hearing that the first one was "CEO of the 'Mind Science Institute'" (not Mind & Body, sorry) was an immediate red flag, so I paid attention, quickly realized that they were all non-experts and likely non-skeptics apart from the physicist, but that turned out to be a false claim as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My wife says it is real, but very rare in China, not very many people can do it..

The old man says he uses his natural energy to move the objects..

qigong (pronounced chi-gong) breathing excercises can develop this skill if you have a very good teacher. Not likely you will find one anytime soon though..
Maybe with the right books and dedication, a person could learn this on their own..

The video does not look faked to me, plus it was the Chinese news station camera crew that were conducting the video..

I have never seen anything like this before, pretty cool..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've studied Qi Gong. I still talk and occasionally hang out with a few qi gong masters. This guy in the video has been dismissed by other qi gong masters as a fake. I've experienced and witnessed real qi gong. it doesn't look or manifest like what's in the video.

All the stuff like breaking metal bars over their heads. Pushing cars down the street with a spear tip in their throat. etc are all basically magic tricks. anyone can do them with a little bit of training.

I have seen some qi gong that to me was paranormal. but it wasn't some over the top stuff like this.

I've had a Shaolin Monk make me hold a candle in front of me. He then stood back about 8 feet. grunted and pointed at the candle. The flame blew out. and with some force behind it too. YOu could seethe smoke trail go horizontal for a good 16 inches from the blow out and could feel what I can only describe as a slight smack to my face when he did the trick. THe whole time the guy was a good 8 feet away. It wasn't the wind. The same guy can also make his pupils diallate at will almost to the point that it's all pupil and no iris. I've seen him "control" wild coyotes. they were acting submissive to him. Even the alpha male. And if he doesn't want you to. He can stand perfectly still and no amount of force will move him. ( that a human can generate)

But the stuff in the video is part of the qi gong fakery world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join