It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever come close to saying to hell with it and quit your job?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
$hit, I was off for a few days trying to get some sanity back - been a while since I had a day off. Today, I almost called up and said adios... I asked my sig other if she would support my ass while I took an extended vacation. You should have seen the look on her face when she realized I was not joking... priceless...

Seriously though, working just does not have the appeal it did in years past. Different times, or maybe just burnt out? Anyone else feel like that?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Every day bro.

Every day.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just quit my job today as a matter of fact!

Funny timing for your thread OP...just in time!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Just quit my job today as a matter of fact!

Funny timing for your thread OP...just in time!

Tired of the BS, or found something different? Or you just did not care?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It maybe because people are beginning to see that money is not eveything

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Just got tired of the bull**** and said screw it!

Never felt so liberated in my life!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Just got tired of the bull**** and said screw it!

Never felt so liberated in my life!

How long were you there?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I worked retail in a tourist town while I was in high school and college. Got a new manager, who was a really hateful person. I got fed up one day; we were understaffed and the manager told me I had to work overtime even though I was to be off (it was my grandparents' anniversary and we were celebrating as a family.)

So i waited until I had a huge line, then locked my register, handed her the key, and said I quit. The funny part? The people in line actually cheered (no idea why, maybe just bored).

It felt AWESOME.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I worked there four months...kind of a short stay with them...here's the story:

I went to work cooking in my friends restaurant to help him out a couple of days a week...a couple of days turned into five days a week (I have another full time job that I have been at for years) and no help was being hired...after taking it in the a** with over 250 plates served in one morning...by myself...I said f - it and walked out!

He's definitely going to have to hire some people now...and at the expense of what respect I did have for him...he is still my friend...but as a manager...he sucks terribly at his job!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I worked retail in a tourist town while I was in high school and college. Got a new manager, who was a really hateful person. I got fed up one day; we were understaffed and the manager told me I had to work overtime even though I was to be off (it was my grandparents' anniversary and we were celebrating as a family.)

So i waited until I had a huge line, then locked my register, handed her the key, and said I quit. The funny part? The people in line actually cheered (no idea why, maybe just bored).

It felt AWESOME.

LOL HAHA WOW.

that was so awesome, i could just picture it.

i love your style lol! *hug*

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes. I can relate too well as I am sure many others who aren't doing what they love.

The movie "Into The Wild" was the catalyst for my abrupt resignation at a telesales job for the 5th largest wireless carrier in the U.S.

I told them all I was out, cashed in my 401k, and hit the road. Never felt so liberated and alive!

You really have to find something you enjoy doing, and when it is not enjoyable anymore, find something else.

Money can only motivate you so much, after that you really have to find out what you're doing everything for.

If you have a family, I would not recommend just dropping everything and doing whatever you want, but if they are supportive, then go for it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
o ye many times . 2 years ago i decided to retire at 43 i figured out one night that i was spending most of my money going to work .been on same wages for 12 years uk goverment allowed our country to be over run with cheap labour .now all my times my own i figure all the goverment is going to do with my tax is buy bombs & bullets to kill farmers in foreign lands so fxxx them . at the age of 12 i was working 52 hrs a week worked in construction & oil industry doing crazy hours 80/100 hrs a week now my attitude is i am on the planet for a good time not a long time

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The only job I ever walked out on was a customer service phone job. I lasted half a day. I didn't like how the place was doing things so I just left. I never even picked up my check, it was 50 bucks.

I have had a few jobs where I would have loved to just up and leave but without another job lined up I could never do that.

My current job I enjoy so I will not be leaving it. How could I? I work with dogs all day

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think what is disturbing in my arena is about a year ago i tried for a promotion only to have the heavy hand of god come down on me, I was targeted for dismissal - for something I did not do. I had some big cheeses back me that I knew for years, and had worked for for years - that was my only saving grace. I am pretty much blackballed at this point and on a dead end path. It pays good, but I am tired of being $hit on. I may have something else lined up, but don't know for certain - won't know for a few more weeks. Now I almost feel like I have the Stockholm syndrome. I often wonder if I should give a two week notice if I find something else, knowing that they were not going to offer me the same favor...
edit on 9-7-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I literally gave my two weeks notice this morning.

I have already secured another job, leaving this place after three years. It felt SOOO good. I can't stop smiling at work now, because I know soon I'll leave this crap hole far behind. =D

Good luck with whatever you do, better to find a new job first. =]

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I did actually quit my job, but my employer (government) wouldn't accept my resignation.

I used to think that only happened on TV.

They knew they'd pushed me too far.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
I did actually quit my job, but my employer (government) wouldn't accept my resignation.

I used to think that only happened on TV.

They knew they'd pushed me too far.

So then they tried firing you?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
cant quit the military, but damn i want too. Think about it literally every day of my life.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, I came within (I think) an hour or so of just quitting my job without any notice. I had a toxic boss who had succeeded in making me hate the job that I had previously loved, that I would have done unpaid, that I often worked overtime and weekends unpaid, that I spent my own money buying equipment for, etc. I was really at a very low ebb that day, probably coming down with the flu or something - although I can't remember if that's what happened.

If I had quit that way, I'd probably slash my wrists the next week.

But, as it was, the bastard forced me into retirement and replaced me with someone with a lot less training who won't quibble about his bad ideas.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
started a new job but lost it through illness,not cause of time i took off but cause when i was off the credit crunch hit and every1 was losing their job.......i,ve hated most jobs i,ve been in but u,ve got to live and the last 1 wasn,t too bad......that was 4 years ago and cause where i live jobs are scarce.....u may hate your work but trust me sitting on your ass all day is no fun atall,especially after 4 years.....i,d even take a job i hate a min just to do something but can,t even get that......even the crap jobs ur still competing against 100s of people.....thats what its came to in these times..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join