It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever come close to saying to hell with it and quit your job?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by pityocamptes
$hit, I was off for a few days trying to get some sanity back - been a while since I had a day off. Today, I almost called up and said adios... I asked my sig other if she would support my ass while I took an extended vacation. You should have seen the look on her face when she realized I was not joking... priceless...

Seriously though, working just does not have the appeal it did in years past. Different times, or maybe just burnt out? Anyone else feel like that?

And this is why America is where it is. Don't rip on me for it. Rip on yourself for it. Why you say? Because of the very fact from 1930 to 1940, people had jobs where they picked up trash off the street with a broom, shoveled dirt, paving concrete and many other labor intensive jobs for hardly any pay. More worse than it is now. Then shortly after that, World War II happened. So many people joined to serve their country and 1,076,245 were dead or wounded by the time it was over. Then shortly there after that, the Vietnam War and you hopefully know what goes on from there.

Europe right now is far worse.

My point is...anyone who complains now has no idea. Our military members get paid very little for the amount they do and some have to spend years in the desert fighting a war. SO WHAT if they signed up for it! You signed up for that job you are working. On the CONUS, it can be weeks before a day off or sometimes months. CONUS bases can be worse than deployed bases.

If you have a problem with your job...STEP UP and start coming up with some changes. I have changed numerous things at my job within my first year.

edit on 10-7-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

Excuse me? Look at stats, it is worse NOW than it was during the great depression, given the substantial increase in inflation, etc. Workers in the 1970's were making higher wages than we are today. Housing has gone up 20 fold, etc. A small percentage of ones wage back then was used to make ends meet, thus the need for only ONE provider in the household. Joined to serve their country? How about DRAFTED. As far as this generation (WWII), they wanted everything and their cake, while screwing any future generations. So before you hop on your soap box, understand the fundamentals a little more... Military members are usually individuals from poor families looking for a way out. I wonder to what extent most of these people are sane, in the normal terms.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I worked in a hospital bringing food trays to patients. It got so depressing I just quit after awhile.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yea, had a long talk with the sig other last night. If I don't find something locally by 12/31/2012 I am quiting and looking for something else in another state, locale. At this point its not about the money. I really owe nothing. Its about being $hit on, and told to swallow it, and enjoy. Its about principles...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join