It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Harry Potter Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So I'm disrespecting art because I just disagree with some people about HP?

WTF??

Also, if the blood between Harry and his aunt is the same blood, why couldn't they just cast the charm on harry and put him in a better home?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's just fiction, right? It doesn't have to make sense.

Oh, and literalism ftw. Apparently, metaphor is too complicated a concept for some people. Oh well!
edit on 9-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think that scenario is perfect for Harry's character development, he then sees Hagrid or whatever who is all friendly etc..whereas his 'family' is complete douchebags. it's to differentiate between the shallow characters and loving ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Apparently some people way too oversensitive to criticism of their favorite book and must resort to insults rather than actually discussing it.

HP is not original. Only people who read one or two things would think so. Not so to a prolific reader who's reads hundreds of books.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You asked a question. I gave you an answer. I also suggested you read the books instead of assuming that you've already figured out how a mythical force worked, and that she wrote it wrong.

I was very nice. You should see me on a bad day.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I'm pretty sure the times he shared while living with them did just as well.

Meanwhile, we have Draco Malfoy, raised with a completely intact family and loads of gold, and look what a wanker he turned out to be...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Oh, look. More ATS standards plummeting. I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have one of the only copies of Victor Dix "Letters On Potter", FYI.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You are aware that this is a fantasy book...right? The Author wrote it as she wanted to. I don't think she took UK social issues into consideration when developing her imaginary characters.

There are UK social issues metaphorically and directly commented and illustrated throughout the HP Septology. The first and simplest one is the British boarding school experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join