It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the GOPs only nominee.. wait maybe not, Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Came across this small piece.. I really cant wait for the GOP convention because there is going to be very very vocal people there.

Rachel Maddow explains that even though Ron Paul isn't actively campaigning he is still in the race and if he wins Nebraska which its looking like he will. He will have become a nominee for the GOP by meeting the requirements.

For those of you that know nothing will change with Romney you should seriously take a moment take a breath and forget what the mainstream media has told you and investagate Ron Paul yourself.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

It's possible that there is a small misunderstanding here.

He will have become a nominee for the GOP by meeting the requirements.
I thought there was only one nominee, they can't have "a" nominee as though there were others.

Paul can be a candidate for the nomination, Romney would also be a candidate, then the convention would decide who the party's nominee would be.

It could very well be a noisy convention. I just hope that the noise contributes something to the party beyond confusion and uproar.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You know what I find hilarious? The survey polls always had Ron Paul at a measley 8% and was dismissed with a laugh while the other GOP candidates each got significant air time. Then one-by-one each dropped out (Perry,Huntsman, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, etc..) and now look at Paul. The least likely candidate is still hanging in there and just MAY get a nomination.

You go, Ron Paul!! I will be voting for you even if you don't get the nomination!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

The thing is that I don't trust the polls... not ever... I meet lots of people and it seems that the majority of those people who are interested in what the government is doing really like and support Ron Paul.

Then there are the people that don't care and just try to pick a winning side and listen to what the media tells them.

Its proven that Ron Paul got the least amount of coverage and the way the media treated him was despicable.

So when he goes to the convention and his people are the loudest and know the rules and demand things be done the right way..... well I will be willing to bet it will be the most interesting one in our lifetime and possibly in the history of America. If you havent' watched the state conventions and watched the way the Ron Paul people knew the system you should check them out.. I may even post some vids here

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, I always thought it was odd (and suspicious) that it was always 8%. It never seemed to change and the lack of coverage was very frustrating. People in my neighborhood have walked around in Ron Paul t-shirts, something I never saw of the other candidates.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

absolutely right...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hasn't this been covered ad nauseum? Mittens is not the nominee yet technically. He is the presumptive Republican nominee. It's not over yet, but the fat lady is opening her mouth and it ain't for cake.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Probably might be worth considering why a rabidly partisan Democrat like Maddow would be so interested in seeing Paul get the nomination, or his delegates causing disruptions at the convention.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Probably might be worth considering why a rabidly partisan Democrat like Maddow would be so interested in seeing Paul get the nomination, or his delegates causing disruptions at the convention.

She is covering it now because it shows the out right corruption of the Republican party and now at the end of the race she is very certain that Ron Paul will not win the convention... Neither Democrats or Republicans want Ron Paul because he would destroy both of their agendas which are very similar.

So now the same thing that all the Paul supporters have been saying are coming to light in the Left wing media because it helps their agenda in trying to demonize the Right wing.

I still see no proof there is any difference between the two political partys.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Of all the titans that Ron Paul has defeated and climbed on top of (Perry, Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann) its beginning to look like Mitt Romney is going to fall the hardest, and Obama even harder...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
Of all the titans that Ron Paul has defeated and climbed on top of (Perry, Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann) its beginning to look like Mitt Romney is going to fall the hardest, and Obama even harder...

I don't think that the GOP had any intention for Santorum, Gingrich, or Perry to be the canidate I don't think they they themselves thought they would even come close either.

I think that the GOP put those people out there as false canidates because they needed to put on a show... Santorum with his condoms should be illegal and Newt.. I mean really they both were just fluff to fill air time on the media they were never serious canidates.. The GOP was and is terrified of Ron Paul because like all the haters like to point out he votes against everything (thats unconstitutional) and he believes in states rights.

Its amazing to me that people really believe that their is a competitive republican party.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Sat. July 14 will be a big show .
Why you ask ?
The Nebraska GOP state convention has NEVER hired outside security.
This state convention is gonna have so much covrage( and I don't just mean MSM I mean live on line coverage)
Mittens and the GOP can not let Paul win in Nebraska or Paul WILL SPEAK AT THE NATIONAL CONVENTION.
The GOP will break every rule, deny credentials, have party members arrested , and even shut down the convention before they let Paul win this state convention. I would expect Ron Paul at Nebraskas convention to maintain calm, plus several lawyers and several independent observers. I think both sides are going to pull all the stops here.

For someone not electable and only get 8% of the votes Ron Paul sure has Mittens and the GOP pretty scared to hire outside security.
edit on 12-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Yeah and its such a big reason that i would never vote for romney, they have lied cheated and stolen to get where they are.

As the saying goes the nice honest guy will finish last.

Ron Paul should already have the states needed to speak at the convention the fraud going on is disgusting.

This whole dog and pony show has got me so fing sick that

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
There is another thread about voting Obama out of office and I mentioned the only person worthy of the oval office is Ron Paul, that I was voting for him. Let me tell you, the posters kept telling me I was young, idealistic and that it was a nice dream but that it will never happen. I pointed out that Romney DID NOT have the official nomination and that Paul will most likely win the Nebraska vote. Then they said ' And even if he did win he would never be able to pass anything or get approval from the government.' Well, I told them that I would rather have someone in office who would at least fight for the people!

When Ron Paul wins Nebraska and speaks at the RNC he will make every minute count. This will be a total embarrassment for Romney. The people are waking up to the fact that Romney and Obama have the same healthcare system and don't like it!

Ron Paul stuck it out and is still in the game but no one is paying attention. It's like the Turtle and the Hare: The hare slept while the turtle crept by and won the race!!
edit on 12-7-2012 by texasgirl because: I forgot to clarify in quotation marks that someone else was talking

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Hasn't this been covered ad nauseum? Mittens is not the nominee yet technically. He is the presumptive Republican nominee. It's not over yet, but the fat lady is opening her mouth and it ain't for cake.

I think Romney is beginning to embarrass the Republican party. Now he is in hot water with his alleged offshore Swiss bank accounts. I don't think the public is going to like that since it reminds them just how rich Mittens is...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yeah i was listening to the radio today and some congressman was being interviewed and every sentance he kept repeat.. well this is why we have to vote for Romney.. yet it didnt even sound like he was even interested. Sounded like script and he was just trying to repeat it as many times as possible.

People are so damn forgetful... even if Romney wins they wont be happy.. or just as happy as they were when bush was in office. Its lame how bad the office of the presidency is becoming more and more meaningless.

we need change.. real change.. and romney just aint' it

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul's campaign is dead silent nowadays when they should be trouncing the opposition.

The whole campaign was bungled with the likes of Jesse Benton and Trgve Olson and a few others at the helm.

As soon as Ron Paul announced he was stopping campaigning the air went out of the tires, and it's been nothing but SUPPORTERS who have carried the torch. But we can't keep up with big money and corporate sponsors.

Ron Paul's main activity lately has been his usual business as Congressman and making a few network appearances to talk about economic matters.

I'm pissed at the campaign as they let a LOT of people down and nobody even knows if Ron's heart is in this anymore. So while people keep touting the delegate numbers and praying for an upset at the convention, I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I actually agree with you wholeheartly, the RP campaign should be attacking Romney and bringing to light all those things obamar will be after the RNC.

I think that osama campaign will wait until they know Ron Paul is done 100 percent before they really start attacking romulain the flipper, because they don't want him to drop out until the time is right.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
double click double post
edit on 12-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Why do so many only see Ron Paul as the saviour ?
It is a movement by the people.
If people can not stand by the cause why should Ron Paul ?
America is at the cross roads !
Give me Liberty or give me death !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join