It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the GOPs only nominee.. wait maybe not, Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I just took a look and I'm so glad I did! It appears Romney has all the delegates needed to get the nomination without any kind of a fight! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Then they said ' And even if he did win he would never be able to pass anything or get approval from the government.' Well, I told them that I would rather have someone in office who would at least fight for the people!

The funny thing about what I quoted here is that the naysayers are right. Ron Paul would not be able to get some things approved without Congress.... such as an opt out for Social Security, a return to the gold standard, etc etc. There is also another side of the coin here that people continue to fail to see.... even though Paul would not be able to get these things done without Congress, things like the NDAA, a continuation of the Patriot Act, etc etc can not get passed without the President either. He would hold veto power.

If Paul were to become President, what we would see is 4 years of the greatest dog fight in history. Plain and simple. Paul would not get some things done without Congress, but Congress could not continue to pass insane legislation without Paul.

As far as I am concerned, I think it is still a better trade off than what we currently have. At least with Paul as President we would know that there is one person at the highest level of Government who is on the side of the people, instead of being on the side of mega corporations like we have now. Seems like a win to me any way you cut it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Just a side note the NDAA was a product of the Obama administration and the detention of US citizens was his personal request.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Your calling her rabidly partisan as she is covering a topic no right wing media source would cover.. Yet shes ferociously a leftist?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Yes, she wants to stir up trouble for Republicans, fairly obvious.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by MrWendal

Just a side note the NDAA was a product of the Obama administration and the detention of US citizens was his personal request.

Yes, but without Congress approving the NDAA the President can not sign it.

This is the way the system works and that is my whole point. The Ron Paul bashers always say that none of the things Paul wants to do will ever work because he would not have the support of Congress. Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard, but even as President he can not do it without the approval of Congress. So when the naysayers make this argument, they are correct in some respects.

My point is that this also works in reverse. Congress can approve and present the extension of the Patriot Act, but a President Paul can refuse to sign it. Guess what that means to you and I? Bye bye Patriot Act. The NDAA is a bill that is presented every single year, it is revised every single year. It is the budget and expenditures that will be put to the Countries defense. So what does this mean to you and I with a President Paul? It will not get passed with things added in that says the Government can detain citizens indefinitely and without charge or trial.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I just took a look and I'm so glad I did! It appears Romney has all the delegates needed to get the nomination without any kind of a fight! Thanks.

Of course Romney has all he needs for the nomination it was preplaned that way. There is no way to fight when you get completely ignored and your voters get dis counted. The fraud that that the gop has committed against the people is dispicable.

Ron Paul won the popular vote over and over. He drew the biggest crowds and has the largest grassroots support.

How ever polls stay at 8 percent

who is polling..

even then they don't count independent voters who flock to paul

still the convention will be fun to watch.. I hope Romney gets booed bad.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
With all the problems surrounding Romney I think Paul has a chance to shine. The off-shore bank accounts, Bain Capital, his measley 2010 tax return where he only paid 14% in taxes over the millions he made...is beginning to strangle Romney. The voters are waking up and are realizing they don't want a rich president who not only lies but is completely out of touch with America. Did anyone see the clip on how amazed Romney was when he went to a self-serve scanner at a grocery store? He had no idea how to use it. The clerk had to show him!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

The thing is that I don't trust the polls... not ever... I meet lots of people and it seems that the majority of those people who are interested in what the government is doing really like and support Ron Paul.

Apparently, even "exit polls" no longer work the way they're supposed to.

I wonder when people will begin to understand that it doesn't not matter what the vote is, it only matters who "counts" the votes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
reply to post by stanguilles7

Your calling her rabidly partisan as she is covering a topic no right wing media source would cover.. Yet shes ferociously a leftist?

Yes.

Where's the confusion on your part? She's a wildly pro-Dem partisan who's only interest in the subject is to see the GOP collapse into chaos.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Ron Paul's campaign is dead silent nowadays when they should be trouncing the opposition.

The whole campaign was bungled with the likes of Jesse Benton and Trgve Olson and a few others at the helm.

As soon as Ron Paul announced he was stopping campaigning the air went out of the tires, and it's been nothing but SUPPORTERS who have carried the torch. But we can't keep up with big money and corporate sponsors.

Ron Paul's main activity lately has been his usual business as Congressman and making a few network appearances to talk about economic matters.

I'm pissed at the campaign as they let a LOT of people down and nobody even knows if Ron's heart is in this anymore. So while people keep touting the delegate numbers and praying for an upset at the convention, I won't hold my breath.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret everybody except Ron Paul fans know: He never thought he could win. He wa sin it to try and get a speaking spot at the convention, and to build the possible groundwork for a new party platform. Ron Paul never ever ever thought he would win.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Ron Paul's campaign is dead silent nowadays when they should be trouncing the opposition.

The whole campaign was bungled with the likes of Jesse Benton and Trgve Olson and a few others at the helm.

As soon as Ron Paul announced he was stopping campaigning the air went out of the tires, and it's been nothing but SUPPORTERS who have carried the torch. But we can't keep up with big money and corporate sponsors.

Ron Paul's main activity lately has been his usual business as Congressman and making a few network appearances to talk about economic matters.

I'm pissed at the campaign as they let a LOT of people down and nobody even knows if Ron's heart is in this anymore. So while people keep touting the delegate numbers and praying for an upset at the convention, I won't hold my breath.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret everybody except Ron Paul fans know: He never thought he could win. He wa sin it to try and get a speaking spot at the convention, and to build the possible groundwork for a new party platform. Ron Paul never ever ever thought he would win.

Next time you and Dr. Paul share secrets, tell him I say hi. It's pretty easy to make that comment about now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yeah, but I've been making it since 2008. so...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
America loves an underdog.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

REALLY?? Are people still riding this dead horse?

RP isn’t getting the nomination…it’s over.

I’ll have a fellow Texan sing him out….here you go!

edit on 13-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nothing more pathetic than a Ron Paul fan grasping at straws.

Rachel (boy wonder) Maddow is just stirring the empty pot.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Wow, you have an incredibly pro-Romney, anti-Ron Paul/Obama, mainstream republican post history, like that's the only reason you visit ATS or something. You're just silly crazy about the guy or what?
edit on 13-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Carseller4

Wow, you have an incredibly pro-Romney, anti-Ron Paul, mainstream republican post history, like that's the only reason you visit ATS or something. You're just silly crazy about the guy or what?
edit on 13-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

I said in 2008 that Ron Paul had no chance. I said it again this year.

I denied ignorance, which BTW is the motto here at ATS.

I saw the crazies, saw the pro-drug crowd and I saw the anti-war crowd all flock to this guy and realized he had no chance in hell at the Republican nomination. ATS held a poll and Ron Paul won hands down, it was at this point I knew it was a LOCK that he could not win.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

As a Ron Paul fan I got behind him and am still behind him enthusastically. However I never truley thought he would win the GOP nomination because I understand how crooked the system is. The Revolution as its call has become a movement and has exposed the corruption of the Establishment. Now if only people would understand that the media is controlled and scripted. That the politicans are controlled and scripted. That the president of the United States is a pawn to his told what to read and what to feel.

When he loses his promter he loses all reasoning. He is a simple minded fool that has a high education but has no loalty what so ever to anything except power. He will lie cheat and steal.. and quite frankly romney is not one bit better.

Ron Paul has shown character through out the race even though if the other canidates recieved the same treatment that he did there would be lawsuits against the media and multiple other avenues and I hope the RP people are filing and stiring the pot.

I wait with great anticipation for the Republican National Convention....

Revolution 2012

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ron Paul does not want to win. Ron Paul is using his staff to speak for him. They've spoken. It's over for Ron Paul.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join