It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the GOPs only nominee.. wait maybe not, Ron Paul?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Ron Paul's campaign is dead silent nowadays when they should be trouncing the opposition.

The whole campaign was bungled with the likes of Jesse Benton and Trgve Olson and a few others at the helm.

As soon as Ron Paul announced he was stopping campaigning the air went out of the tires, and it's been nothing but SUPPORTERS who have carried the torch. But we can't keep up with big money and corporate sponsors.

Ron Paul's main activity lately has been his usual business as Congressman and making a few network appearances to talk about economic matters.

I'm pissed at the campaign as they let a LOT of people down and nobody even knows if Ron's heart is in this anymore. So while people keep touting the delegate numbers and praying for an upset at the convention, I won't hold my breath.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret everybody except Ron Paul fans know: He never thought he could win. He wa sin it to try and get a speaking spot at the convention, and to build the possible groundwork for a new party platform. Ron Paul never ever ever thought he would win.

As a Ron Paul fan I got behind him and am still behind him enthusastically. However I never truley thought he would win the GOP nomination because I understand how crooked the system is. The Revolution as its call has become a movement and has exposed the corruption of the Establishment. Now if only people would understand that the media is controlled and scripted. That the politicans are controlled and scripted. That the president of the United States is a pawn to his told what to read and what to feel.

When he loses his promter he loses all reasoning. He is a simple minded fool that has a high education but has no loalty what so ever to anything except power. He will lie cheat and steal.. and quite frankly romney is not one bit better.

Ron Paul has shown character through out the race even though if the other canidates recieved the same treatment that he did there would be lawsuits against the media and multiple other avenues and I hope the RP people are filing and stiring the pot.

I wait with great anticipation for the Republican National Convention....

Revolution 2012

I agree with you.
Most Ron Paul supporters realized he probably wasn't going to win, buti it was the hope and faith in the American people that refueled their convictions. Most Paul supporters know this wasn't gonna be easy, and a significant amount of dedication and loyalty to Dr. Paul resided from the fact he was being ignored by the MSM; as his views made too much sense to be accepted by TPTB.

To the people saying "I always knew he wouldn't win.", well sh!t, most supporters even know his chances are slim, but their hope in the people of America engaged their faith in a Dr. Paul presidency. So please, don't try to act intelligent for that "prediction" alone.

And still, Ron Paul 2012!

edit on 14-7-2012 by capone1 because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As an american it truley saddens me when people give up before the battle. The war for americas liberty was long and painful, many battles were lost and some were won for america to gain it's independence, and many lifes fell to side for the cause.Many want to just sit at the side lines and just watch, but in the end we all will either share in the rewards of victory or the sorrow of defeat.
If Dr. Paul is finished why has he not given a concession speech ? Why has he not conceded to Romney? Why has he not released his delegates? Why does th MSM ignore him and the movement? Why is the GOP still resisting Paul supporters ? It ain't over till the fat lady sings! And she's still waming up !

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Jeez. This isn't going to go away until the horse is declared dead by an ME. It's done and done people. I feel your pain. Been there before but it's over.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sorry noone on the track till the race is over.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Jeez. This isn't going to go away until the horse is declared dead by an ME. It's done and done people. I feel your pain. Been there before but it's over.

As a moderator you would think that you would have a more open opinion and deny ignorance and the ignorance is declaring his race over and his message to have fallen short.

Its not over till its over and just because you think its over means squat. Its the message and the movement that has won.

Revolution 2012

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here's what I don't understand: Ron Paul's last stand in Nebraska. Why was it his last stand if he's already got the required number of states to put his name forth for a nomination? He won the electorate vote in Nevada, making it a total of 5 states Why isn't anyone reporting this? Is this why he still plans to attend the RNC in August?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Here's what I don't understand: Ron Paul's last stand in Nebraska. Why was it his last stand if he's already got the required number of states to put his name forth for a nomination? He won the electorate vote in Nevada, making it a total of 5 states Why isn't anyone reporting this? Is this why he still plans to attend the RNC in August?

He needed the plurality of delegates in 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention...he does not have this.

Ron Paul will not be on the ballot at the convention, and he isn't guaranteed any speaking time. He is not an official GOP candidate for the nomination, so he can not win the nomination.

Those are the facts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

because its all a bull crap game

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

because its all a bull crap game

So he won Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, Iowa and Louisiana...And they're going to shut him out at the RNC just like they did 4 years ago. Wow, they are totally scared of this guy! Is there a possibility Mitt might implode before then (with all the scandals he's dealing with now) to give Ron Paul a chance?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nevada...where did Nevada come from?

are you guys adding states he didn't win?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Nevada...where did Nevada come from?

are you guys adding states he didn't win?

No, not adding states:

policymic.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

He won 22 of the 25 delegate votes in Nevada.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

i started reading the rules and in the first round of voting at the convention Romney will still get 20 of the Nevada delegates according to the rules and Ron Paul will get eight.

Thus, Ron Paul doesn't meet the definition of the plurality.

If he concedes defeat now...maybe Romney will let him speak at the convention.

how humiliating that must be.

edit on 14-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by michaelbrux

He won 22 of the 25 delegate votes in Nevada.

His supporters won 22 of the 25 delegate spots...but most are bound to vote for Romney...thus they are Romney's delegates.

He did not win the pluralality of delegates in 5 states.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This whole political process has just deflated me. Here we have a good candidate for the presidency and he can't even get fair votes. I just saw an article a few hours ago that they ruled Ron Paul's supporters were not allowed seats at the Nebraska convention and so that affected the process. But now I can't find the article and I've been searching. Maybe it will come out later.

I guess I don't understand how it works but doesn't 22 out of the 25 votes in Nevada make him a winner? How does Mitt get 20 of those?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I guess I don't understand how it works but doesn't 22 out of the 25 votes in Nevada make him a winner? How does Mitt get 20 of those?

In a nutshell, cheap tricks and rules the republican elite make up and interpret for themselves. The same way congress ruled that they could apply the patriot act however they wanted, regardless of how it affects Americans. They make/interpret the rules so they can pick and choose when and when not to apply them as to achieve the desired outcome.

Basically corruption and cronyism, America becoming tyrannical because of semantics.
edit on 15-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
EDIT-

Ima make this as straight forward as I can- I will NOT vote for Romney and I definately wont vote for our Liar in Chief. FACT. On the ballot or not.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Paulmania is making a comeback, brah!

Hurry up, rally up all the Paulmaniacs and let's hop in the jalopy!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Doalrite

Paulmania is making a comeback, brah!

Hurry up, rally up all the Paulmaniacs and let's hop in the jalopy!

Do you ever make posts that aren't trolls? Looks like someone spends all day trying to increase their post count on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join