It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you learned after joining ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

If you don't like it here please feel free to leave.

You don't have to be here you know.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Oh really? [snip] me, thank you for pointing that out! That thought would have never occurred to me. /sarcasm Topic is 'What have you learned after joining ATS?' not, 'Praise ATS and all in infallible glory"

11. There's always a troll.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Troll is ALWAYS used to describe a person with unpopular opinions and is the most misused word on the internet.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A Troll is a description of one that uses a statement of conflict (such as telling a user to leave as if the website was your personal property, which is also overly played out on this site mind you) in order to spark an argument. Check first post on this page.

Let me guess, next your gonna ask me "you mad bro?"

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am really sorry that you feel this way.Be careful what you
wish for,you just might get it.You sould reconsider your idea
of getting yourself into trouble.If you have issues with this site,
why don't you try and fix them yourself?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I'm not really "trying" to get into trouble. I'm just writing what I feel, with honesty. I don't feel the need to sensor myself in any way shape or form. Too many of us feel we need to walk on egg shells when posting on this site. I for one, no longer care to do so.

If ATS ever feels the need to remove my account, so be it, their loss IMO. But seriously, at this point, with my experiences on this site, my give-a-[snip] meter hits a .05 out of 10.

ETA

Though I will say this, if they ever did, I would hope they also remove my 2.5 years of content contribution as well, I think if they kept it, that might sit a little higher on my give-a-[snip] meter

edit on 9-7-2012 by Lighterside because: eta

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have learned that resistance is futile........................
Oh and that Alien spaceships are not visiting Erf!

Blinky lights in the night sky are pathetic ,,,,,,,,,,,and no self respecting alien would be driving such
stupid craft.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I wasn't trolling you. You sounded like you weren't having any fun and the place was very hostile to you. It just seems to me if a person isn't having any fun they should leave, as for me I wouldn't stay in a place where i wasn't having any fun.

People jump way too quick on calling another person a troll.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Simply read this example....

"If you don't enjoy my disgruntled tone, then please leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

Not a very nice statement is it? Is it because I suggested you don't like my tone? Is it the cliche statement of the door? Or, could it be, that the rudeness of the statement is simply be being asked to get out?

Know your role. It's not your place to invite anyone to leave a discussion.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Lighterside because: because I can

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by hp1229

BAHAHAHAHAHA I never grow tired of his memes!

I have learned a lot about ancient history/civilizations that I probably never would have known (or it would be years later before I ever heard of some of the civilizations I have discovered since lurking here). I've learned about a lot more, but ancient history has been my favorite.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I have learned that no matter what, the world is going to end tomorrow. And if it doesn't it is because the illuminati decided it shouldn't end tomorrow so, therefore, when tomorrow becomes today, the world will end tomorrow. So, in order to prepare for that I should build a bunker, buy food, guns, ammo, a tank, write all my representatives, don't write them because they won't listen and are just puppets anyhow, but they have their own nefarious agendas, and they are all tyrants, until they aren't because the said something I agree with in which case they are oracles, until they aren't.

I have learned that the S will hit the F any day now! It will, just watch the fan, closely, here it comes.

I have learned that the earth will be smashed to bits by a rogue planet, or not, or by alien ships hanging around the sun and that they communicate with us in crop circles because that is how advanced aliens speak, unless it is those hoaxsters in which case it is BS, until it isn't.

I have also learned that the pyramids are built by aliens, or poured by people, or carved from granite, and are a burial chamber or are actually nuclear generators designed to communicate with Orion's belt to protect us from CMEs, and aliens. Oh, and that there is some sort of library which will prove all this but it is hidden just under the Sphynx.

Oh, and Fukushima is going to kill the planet, unless of course the aliens, nibiru, the iluminati, agenda 21, or the freemasons do it first.

Did I say the S was going to hit the F soon? I can smell the poopy now.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

We can get news on this site 2 weeks before it ever comes out on TV. We can also keep each other informed about what is going on in the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
I don't feel the need to sensor myself in any way shape or form.

You probably should sensor yourself from time to time.
Although, you shouldn't have to censor yourself.

But if you ever needed to use the restroom or drink water, you may need to sensor your environment as to not make a mess...

I guess since I have been at ATS I learned how to make lame jokes about spelling errors...
And that sensor is a noun with no verb use (v. sense).
edit on 10-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Good post, hp1229.

I hope I've learned to separate the 99 per cent rubbish from the 1 per cent fascinating. ( My opinion only.)

And that I 've learned to limit my time spent on ATS.

It has sharpened my rational thinking skills....

I've also learned exactly when the world will end, that aliens are watching us, as are TPTB ( ? ) that arguments over the truth of 9 / 11 will rage on, that some people actually believe in aliens, the paranormal, government conspiracies, New World Orders, The Illuminati, mythical beasts, mystery planets, et al.( As is their right, of course.)

Finally, I've come to realise, after all this, that I am completely sane, and live a boring, mundane life, compared with some people.....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
I've learned that.....

1. The web developers that work on this site don't know what the hell they are doing, and refuse to move beyond web standards of the previous decade.

2 . The mods are biased, and typically unfair.

3. Skeptic Overloard is (ironically) an ignorant redneck.

4. That you can pour your heart and soul into authoring content for ATS, only to have it swept under a rug... and then someone will half-ass the same content, only for it to sit on the front page for a few days.

5. That people are absolutely retarded in general. The ignorant flock to this site in droves, refuse to educate themselves, and flame those who try to otherwise deny their ignorance through educating them with relevant sources and facts.

6. That Advertisers are more important than the User.

7. That contributors in the fight to deny ignorance such as Phage and Chadwickus are under appreciated and usually met with slander and hostility.

8. That close minded individuals can also believe in paranormal and unexplained

9. That I'm pretty much done with contributing to this site.

10. That I know ATS well enough to know this post will probably removed. Crossing my fingers for a perma ban.

I sure hope it isn't removed.

You are being honest, and you have a right to your opinion..

Kudos to you for telling it exactly how you see it..not many have the balls...or if they do..they could be gone..

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've come to understand that the more I have to say, the less importance my words carry [and the less sure I am of them].
The more I thought I understood, the less sure I was of just what that understanding was.
The older I get, the smarter my mother seemed to be.
Nobody is right if everybody is wrong.
Keeping my mind too open might have the potential of allowing my brain to spill out.
I'm very small in the greater scheme of things, and that's ok.
& much much more........

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I guess since I have been at ATS I learned how to make lame jokes about spelling errors... And that sensor is a noun with no verb use (v. sense).

Well...thats an accomplishment in itself..

Wish you could drop by my dying thread and insert some lame jokes... "experiment on losing the fear of judgement" or something to thateffect lol.....you might give it a bit of oomph to carry into the black holes of ATS cyber space.

Its just screamin' for lame spelling jokes.

hmmm..what have learned at ATS..

1 .don't judge a person by their avatar.
2. try not to make spelling and grammar errors, if youz want to be taken half arse seriously by the grammar police.
3. that I don't give a daaayuuum about the grammar police.
4. not much else..but then again I'm a very slooow learner.

oh..forgot the most important one.
5. there are many members with great taste in music, and have been exposed to stuff I might have otherwise never been exposed to.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: oh darn..because I forgot to give a reason for the first edit..spelling..and this one was just for the added extra bar of color...

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: CAUSE I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE !!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I joined ATS hoping to find a community of people like me. I did not. ATS reafirmed to me once again that I'm just not like most people. I've learn't some facinating things, nothing life changing tthough. I've entered into a few "discussions" and as far as I'm aware my comments have effected no one. I like to surf ATS to try to fill the void in my otherwise meningless existance.

I wish that we were more accepting of each other. More accepting of our differences and more aware of our similarities...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
After six year on ATS I've learned that stars and flags don't mean squat.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
I joined ATS hoping to find a community of people like me. I did not. ATS reafirmed to me once again that I'm just not like most people. I've learn't some facinating things, nothing life changing tthough. I've entered into a few "discussions" and as far as I'm aware my comments have effected no one. I like to surf ATS to try to fill the void in my otherwise meningless existance.

I wish that we were more accepting of each other. More accepting of our differences and more aware of our similarities...

What a cool thing to say... I like you already..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join