It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientist - Ouija board helps psychologists probe the subconscious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by strafgod

Laugh.

I'm not above you. I just see more than you do.

I talk like this all the time. Make fun of me. I don't care.

WHAT A CROCK!

Lmao!

Your self-righteous, petulant gibberish contributes nothing to this thread.

Furthermore, you lie saying that it is the way you speak ALL THE TIME!

Funny how there is no need for a Ouija board or aid from beyond the nether to find the evidence and stop your pointless dribble.

Let's check your post history for a bit here.

Just 3 examples.

On 8-07-2012 you posted this:

"My Flash player doesn't work even though it's up-to-date."

Cryptic? Nah.

On 7-07-2012 this:

"A womanizer? What does that make you? A serial heartbreaker. Someone who doesn't consider the women he woos.
You're foolish to brag about using people. It isn't a positive attribute."

Not much of Yoda speak there. Very straight forward and understood..

Last example amongst MANY in your history:

2-07-2012

"They've bred the flavor out of fruits and vegetables in their pursuit of size.
Want a sweet, juicy orange or apple ~ go for the little ones. You'll never be disappointed, especially with the oranges."

Informative and clear. You should make this a trend.

Please cut the crap out, thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Snoopy1978

I see what others don't. That's the truth.

When others see what I see they'll know what I know.

I can't make it any clearer than that.

It must be experienced to be understood.
This has also been my experience. The third eye opens when its time arrives. We have little choice in the matter. I used divining rods, the cousin of the board, oh yea, it works, but I would not, again, would not trust it when it comes to the life of another, you just never know who is on the other side.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Quite a few closed-minded members in this thread, which is unfortunate. There are some things science cannot explain adequately and this does not mean that the paranormal/metaphysical are bunk.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Do you always treat other people so badly?

I don't appreciate it.

This is how I speak and write.

I've told nothing but the truth on this board.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Quite a few closed-minded members in this thread, which is unfortunate. There are some things science cannot explain adequately and this does not mean that the paranormal/metaphysical are bunk.

Science need something to work with, if not, i can't take it seriously because it does not do anything to the person other than psychology impact, which is psychology department.

People can believe in it if they want, its wrong when they try to say its true(as in fact) and tell other who doesn't believe n it morons or close minded..

It order to be open minded, we need a speck to work with, if none are available, then there is nothing to be open minded about..i mean, i can understand the area of paranormal but i would not take it seriously.

To me paranormal activity is pretty much play on your mind, either someone else tricking ir or its tricking itself.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If I told you you'd think I was crazy.

When you know, you ARE crazy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How true, how true.

I had a psychiatrist tell me that just because no one else saw what I saw, doesn't mean it wasn't there, just because no one else saw it. Same with science, just because something can not be replicated for others to see, does not mean squat!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I agree that there are things science can't explain.

Being a skeptic, what evidence do you have that the metaphysical/paranormal is real? I'm open to the possibility I just need something...thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

If we provided proof you'd tell us we are nuts. I know that in itself sounds nuts, but it's the truth.

Until you've crossed the line between bliss and knowledge you will not understand the evidence.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Interesting thread FF but I'm interested as to why you think the scientific ignorant, unscientific, dangerous, downright stupid etc.... It is simply a printed piece of cardboard made by the same people who create Monopoly. In itself there are no inherent dangers.

In fact I personally would say in terms of warping the mind Monopoly is probably the far more dangerous of the two.

I have no doubt that it is actually the subconscious mind which moves around the planchette unless of course one were to actually invoke a spirit, which is definitely a whole new kettle of fish, but it makes of no mention in the article that this is what they did.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

I agree that there are things science can't explain.

Being a skeptic, what evidence do you have that the metaphysical/paranormal is real? I'm open to the possibility I just need something...thanks.

It boils down to what proof, you as a individual will accept. The something you search for will be found, when "you" search for it. Think of the conscience as your connection to the world and all the people and all the common proofs. When your sub conscience kicks in it will provide any proofs you require on the individual side.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If we provided proof you'd tell us we are nuts. I know that in itself sounds nuts, but it's the truth.

Until you've crossed the line between bliss and knowledge you will not understand the evidence.

I know you said we won't understand... But try me maybe?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

I just u2u'd another member this information. He is free to share it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nekodos

It doesn't start with me or anyone else, it starts with you, firstly. What have you experienced in life, what Have you seen, what have you felt that was out of the norm? It is highly individualized to you.
edit on 9-7-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

It doesn't start with me or anyone else, it starts with you, firstly. What have you experienced in life, what Have you seen, what have you felt that was out of the norm?

Personally, I have seen nothing that was out of the norm.

What's the next step?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wait. You may see, you may not.

You don't choose the time. It chooses you.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

aaaiii said: I watched a blue ball of lightning emerge from one wall of my room and dance around the room until it disappeared through the ceiling. There were no storms that night.

I saw a man with three half-inch red stripes on his back, like an umpire. Not tattoos.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

It doesn't start with me or anyone else, it starts with you, firstly. What have you experienced in life, what Have you seen, what have you felt that was out of the norm?

Personally, I have seen nothing that was out of the norm.
What's the next step?

The next step is to deprogram your mind from all the institutional limitations. They are only there to keep you in a mind control box. When they tell you something isn't possible in their respective fields, challenge it, no matter what it is. The real reasons are to shield your eyes from the truth. Once you strip those limitations away you will start to see oddities, non rational reasoning, and if your lucky, connections that were not visible before. But it all depends on where you look, and what you look for.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hahaha its as if your waving it in our faces just to tease us, the sad part is I don't even know what 'it' is... your having fun aren't you? lol. I would push you further for the evidence or even more detail but we've went off topic far enough. If 'it' is able to be experienced then 'it' should be able to be explained, right? if I experience 'it' ill write a book about it :p

Im still curious how the results of a group of blind people using a quija board would turn out. I'm assuming it would be a fail but it sure would be interesting to watch lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The sad part is I don't even know what 'it' is.

It IS sad because what we see is special. It's also frightening sometimes.

Be careful what you wish for. Few truer words were ever spoken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join