It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientist - Ouija board helps psychologists probe the subconscious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by Nekodos

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

If we provided proof you'd tell us we are nuts. I know that in itself sounds nuts, but it's the truth.

Until you've crossed the line between bliss and knowledge you will not understand the evidence.

I know you said we won't understand... But try me maybe?
It doesn't start with me or anyone else, it starts with you, firstly. What have you experienced in life, what Have you seen, what have you felt that was out of the norm?

Personally, I have seen nothing that was out of the norm.
What's the next step?

The next step is to deprogram your mind from all the institutional limitations. They are only there to keep you in a mind control box. When they tell you something isn't possible in their respective fields, challenge it, no matter what it is. The real reasons are to shield your eyes from the truth. Once you strip those limitations away you will start to see oddities, non rational reasoning, and if your lucky, connections that were not visible before. But it all depends on where you look, and what you look for.

I'm currently (couple of weeks in) looking for oddities... I've actually noticed some, to my surprise I must say. But now what to do? Deprogram my mind? That sounds about right, although I think I have many more self-imposed limitations than anything else, so it's probably better to remove those (first). But oh the irony... I don't think I can....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

It takes time. I've been this way four years. I'm still programmed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by Nekodos

reply to post by 0thetrooth0

If we provided proof you'd tell us we are nuts. I know that in itself sounds nuts, but it's the truth.

Until you've crossed the line between bliss and knowledge you will not understand the evidence.

I know you said we won't understand... But try me maybe?

aaaiii said: I watched a blue ball of lightning emerge from one wall of my room and dance around the room until it disappeared through the ceiling. There were no storms that night.

I saw a man with three half-inch red stripes on his back, like an umpire. Not tattoos.
As I said, highly personalized. These "visions" are given to a individual, not the entire world. These come from the sub conscience and manifest into the conscience. They are sub conscience messages to the individual. My white light dream was sent to me as a person, not to the society at large.

Now, society's also gets their messages in a wider manner and many witnesses. You need no proof when you are standing in a crowd observing a aerial event.

Are White Light orbs real? Yes. Can science prove it? No. Why? Because they are unique to the individual or individuals, they decide when and where to manifest. My proof, my individual proof came in 1978, Oh i saw them alright.
Here is just a sample..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
You're under the believe that Ouija boards open a portal for demons to come through.

Definately.

But this study is a way of showing that the planchette moving isn't down to demons, but to our subconscious.

The study is for the individual subsonscious. But at the same time they say they are using a GROUP to do the Quija board. So how can they measure one persons subsonscious when they are using a group? It doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

You start a thread and then you are hostile to its posters.

Why should I listen to a word you say?

There is more to the "world" than what you see right now.

In time you will see the truth.

Sorry friend, in time you will see the truth, which is in fact contrary to your truth, which is no longer truth but untruth. And it is true, there is no longer just a 3rd eye, but a 4th one as well!. Soon you will have to look through it to see the real truth.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Dangerous?!

Yes. Dangerous. On the metaphysical level.

What are you so scared of? Heresay?

:shk: No. Of realities that apparently you dismiss.

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
Have a read up on ideomotor effects, they seem to be true and would 100 per cent explain the phenomena experienced by people 'using' the ouija board -

It may give one possible explaination for the movement on the board .. but not what is said by the board or the other things that happen when the board is used. Poltergeist activities etc etc ...

The fact that the metaphysical is ignored (or ridiculed, as we have seen on this thread), shows how myopic people can be. Heck ... doctors used to ridicule those who believed in germs and yet we now know they are real. Some are CLOSED MINDED to what they can't (or won't) see. Apparently, those doing this study are myopic. They don't understand that other things that they don't understand can be involved with ouija boards.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I have been hostile to no one. I asked a simple question because I have
no freak'n idea what you are talking about. Care to answer the question?

Quit preaching down to people ... seriously.

And you haven't answered the question ...
How am I supposedly 'blind'?? And what exactly is the 'truth' that I fail to see?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Sorry friend, in time you will see the truth, which is in fact contrary to your truth, which is no longer truth but untruth. And it is true, there is no longer just a 3rd eye, but a 4th one as well!. Soon you will have to look through it to see the real truth.
And when that time comes Ill be out of this meat bag and have all physical limitations lifted. Im not in a hurry for that , are you?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

And when that time comes Ill be out of this meat bag and have all physical limitations lifted. Im not in a hurry for that , are you?

Sorry, I was being sarcastic to another poster. Seeing if he couldn't drum up some of that truth he was so eager to assert.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
There are some things science cannot explain adequately and this does not mean that the paranormal/metaphysical are bunk.

there ya' go! Like I said .. this ouija board study fails to acknowledge the metaphysical AND it is using a group to supposedly test the individual subconscious. How are they supposed to filter out everyone except the one person? And how can they come to a fair conclusion when they fail to acknowledge that the metaphysical exists??

Originally posted by luciddream
To me paranormal activity is pretty much play on your mind, either someone else tricking ir or its tricking itself.

My experience is just the opposite. And the fact that this study fails to take into account that which it abhors to acknowledge as real ... that tells me it's a myopic study.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I can't make you trust what I say. I can only tell you the truth.

Ouija boards are not to be played with. The world is spooky enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I can't make you trust what I say. I can only tell you the truth.

Ouija boards are not to be played with. The world is spooky enough.

I know you can't. You can only tell me what you think you know.

I've used Ouija boards, and every time we played, it was me moving the pointer.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sorry, I was being sarcastic to another poster. Seeing if he couldn't drum up some of that truth he was so eager to assert.
Yes I know. Sarcasm can also be a tool for communication, but were you using it constructively?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You have to have the right mindset. It is essential.

Without it you would never believe what your eyes see and your ears hear.

You have no faith.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You have to have the right mindset. It is essential.

Without it you would never believe what your eyes see and your ears hear.

You have no faith.
I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, the only faith we need, is a faith that their is far more to this earth, this solar system, the galaxy, than meets, the "eye". That's my faith, anyways.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

That is absolutely what I mean.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You're under the believe that Ouija boards open a portal for demons to come through.

Definately.

But this study is a way of showing that the planchette moving isn't down to demons, but to our subconscious.

The study is for the individual subsonscious. But at the same time they say they are using a GROUP to do the Quija board. So how can they measure one persons subsonscious when they are using a group? It doesn't work.

They're not using a group. They're using 27 people I believe, in pairs. One is blindfolded and the other takes their finger off the planchette or glass. It is an individual study made to look to the subjects as a group study, so as to have an effect the blindfolded persons subconscious. I don't think you read the report properly. You just saw SCIENCE and OUIJA and got a bit riled up.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes I know. Sarcasm can also be a tool for communication, but were you using it constructively?

About as constructively as your critique of my sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Definately.

They're not using a group. They're using 27 people I believe, in pairs. One is blindfolded and the other takes their finger off the planchette or glass. It is an individual study made to look to the subjects as a group study, so as to have an effect the blindfolded persons subconscious. I don't think you read the report properly. You just saw SCIENCE and OUIJA and got a bit riled up.

Quote FTW!

Do people even read the article properly, Its not group, its 27 volunteers... the person is tricked into thinking that they are playing the board with group. The volunteer is told everyone is going to be blinded folded but in fact, they are the only one blinded folded, but they assume other people are playing with them too....

thus only measuring one person's sub consciousness.

omg! science is getting involved in paranormal, burn the scientists!
edit on 7/9/2012 by luciddream because: grammar error

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can't believe in this day and age people still think Ouiji board are a 'Real' portal to the unknown.

It's funny because nearly 99% of people just believe what they are told about Ouiji board and don't research.
A quick search on Google about the people that invented the Ouiji board "Fox sisters" and it yields results about the history of how they invented it and how one of the sisters on her death bed said it was all a hoax and they did it for the money.

Even today the research on it has fully concluded it is all psychological. That's it. It's just hypnotises you and taps into your sub-conscious using something called 'Ideo Motor' movement which means your not moving out arm but you sub-concious is hence why people say "I'm not moving that glass it's a spirit"

All it is and all it has ever been is psychology.

And this video below is what showed me the proof of how "paranormal" has on our sub-concious as well as concious.

This video might be a bit disturbing for others, so if your sensitive to watching people trying to contact the dead and ghost hunting then don't watch!

Follow Youtube link to find the other parts.

edit on 9-7-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join